Jump to content
Philc1

Now that Gase is the GM what exactly is he doing that offends you?

Recommended Posts

adam gase hasn't proved he's qualified to hold one full time job, let alone two

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Many don't like the timing of the arrangement.  Many do not think his resume justifies roster control.  All just add to the dumpster fire that is the Johnson & Johnson Jets.

I still prefer today to last week when Macc was in charge.  Different vibe.  Give the football junkie an opportunity to hire a GM who can communicates with a common vision of the on-field product.

I don't think he will have roster control when the new GM is hired. He'll have part control. What I really like about this is that I think Gase understands offense wins in the regular season in today's NFL and he will put more resources into the O.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Many don't like the timing of the arrangement.  Many do not think his resume justifies roster control.  All just add to the dumpster fire that is the Johnson & Johnson Jets.

I still prefer today to last week when Macc was in charge.  Different vibe.  Give the football junkie an opportunity to hire a GM who can communicates with a common vision of the on-field product.

He didn't fire Macc so what does the timing have to do with him? 

Similarily he won't have roste control.  It's apparent that wasn't the problem, he hasn't lobbied for bing a HC/GM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He didn't fire Macc so what does the timing have to do with him? 

Similarily he won't have roste control.  It's apparent that wasn't the problem, he hasn't lobbied for bing a HC/GM

I'm just reporting the obvious...some in the media/fans hated the timing of his dismissal.  I'm just in favor of the move...doesn't matter if he has control or not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far he has given away two football players. A 6th rounder for Lee and cut Leggett; why not just cut them after you evaluate them in preseason and trade them to a team with a position of need?

Washington lost a starter today. Other teams will lose starters. Was there any real reason to cut them loose for nothing?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, usapaw said:

So far he has given away two football players. A 6th rounder for Lee and cut Leggett; why not just cut them after you evaluate them in preseason and trade them to a team with a position of need?

Washington lost a starter today. Other teams will lose starters. Was there any real reason to cut them loose for nothing?  

you cant be serious....Leggett couldnt get on the field for 2 plays in a row on a 4-12 team...what team is running to sign him? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bitonti said:

adam gase hasn't proved he's qualified to hold one full time job, let alone two

And Sadly, he may be even a better gm than mac, then he was better HC than Bowles lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 7:12 PM, More Cowbell said:

Let's see, getting total trash for Lee is a start. 

Dude, he has nothing to do at this point as GM. That job is done. If he takes anything less than a high second LW, I will be screaming for him to trade himself next. Williams is not a bad player, he played for bad HC and DC. 

Also, I would bet that Lee trade was already in the works. It just happened too fast not to be. If zmac was holding out for more, he was trying to do a better job than Isaiah 

Why do people on here always overate the current players and underrate free agents.  Mac wanted a fifth round pick for Lee, and nobody would give it. The fact is they had to get rid of him, you couldn't bring him to camp, and you would lose him for nothing. As far as LW, nobody in the league would give up a 2nd for him, maybe a 3rd, look at his stats!

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, usapaw said:

So far he has given away two football players. A 6th rounder for Lee and cut Leggett; why not just cut them after you evaluate them in preseason and trade them to a team with a position of need?

Washington lost a starter today. Other teams will lose starters. Was there any real reason to cut them loose for nothing?  

You have to come back to reality bro. You know the Guard we traded for who some fans are saying can still be pro bowl material? We only had to give up a fifth rounder for him. And got a 6 rounder back with him lol. So we basically got a lot more back from Lee then what Oakland for that deal

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You have to come back to reality bro. You know the Guard we traded for who some fans are saying can still be pro bowl material? We only had to give up a fifth rounder for him. And got a 6 rounder back with him lol. So we basically got a lot more back from Lee then what Oakland for that deal

because they couldn't wait to make the move. It was so imperative that we give away a number one pick for 6th round trash..yeah OK. Now it makes sense. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, usapaw said:

because they couldn't wait to make the move. It was so imperative that we give away a number one pick for 6th round trash..yeah OK. Now it makes sense. 

Lol.. no other team cares in what round the biggest of a joke gm drafted a player.. you gonna argue we didn’t get anything for hackenberg because he was a second rounder 💁‍♂️Lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Why do people on here always overate the current players and underrate free agents.  Mac wanted a fifth round pick for Lee, and nobody would give it. The fact is they had to get rid of him, you couldn't bring him to camp, and you would lose him for nothing. As far as LW, nobody in the league would give up a 2nd for him, maybe a 3rd, look at his stats!

What was the rush to trade Lee? Are you saying camp is starting g? It's not starting for over a month. In negotiations  we you are not getting what you need the number 1 rule is to buy time. Mac hasn't  done a lot right but if he was doing that, that is exactly what he should be doing. If Gase totally made the deal on his own it was a knee jerk reaction, exactly what you don't  want to see in business unless you are robbing someone. Is a 6th robbing anyone?

As far as William's. If we just get a third, I rather keep him. William's can be a beast. I have seen him dominate OL at times. Bowles was horrible at using him. He didn't  even try to get him one on one matchups. He just lined him up and had him push. I can barely remember a time where the DL ran a stunt. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bitonti said:

adam gase hasn't proved he's qualified to hold one full time job, let alone two

And the gm with a 14-34 record last three years is more qualified than the coach with a 23-25 record during the same time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What was the rush to trade Lee? Are you saying camp is starting g? It's not starting for over a month. In negotiations  we you are not getting what you need the number 1 rule is to buy time. Mac hasn't  done a lot right but if he was doing that, that is exactly what he should be doing. If Gase totally made the deal on his own it was a knee jerk reaction, exactly what you don't  want to see in business unless you are robbing someone. Is a 6th robbing anyone?

As far as William's. If we just get a third, I rather keep him. William's can be a beast. I have seen him dominate OL at times. Bowles was horrible at using him. He didn't  even try to get him one on one matchups. He just lined him up and had him push. I can barely remember a time where the DL ran a stunt. 

Lee has been here for 4 years, stunk and we had multiple players at the same position who were better including a high profile free agent we gave big money to

 

 

That’s the rush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol.. no other team cares in what round the biggest of a joke gm drafted a player.. you gonna argue we didn’t get anything for hackenberg because he was a second rounder 💁‍♂️Lol

It’s not a big deal we drafted maybe the worst nfl player ever with a high draft pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Why do people on here always overate the current players and underrate free agents.  Mac wanted a fifth round pick for Lee, and nobody would give it. The fact is they had to get rid of him, you couldn't bring him to camp, and you would lose him for nothing. As far as LW, nobody in the league would give up a 2nd for him, maybe a 3rd, look at his stats!

Mac refused to admit Lee was a flat out bust.  That was the breaking point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 5:54 PM, Philc1 said:

Let’s see as GM Gase has or is in the process of:

 

—trading BUST Darron Lee 

—shopping overrated Leonard Williams

 

Im trying to figure out what he’s doing that makes him the Isiah Thomas of football suddenly

Raising the bar for all future jets gm's, now I'm spoiled. Getting rid of trash and looking to trade an overrated soon to be big contract, I think I'm getting dizzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manish Mehta 
 
 

In 6 days as “interim GM,” Adam Gase has:

1) Traded away a former 1st round pick for a 2020 6th-rounder

2) Signed a punter he had in Miami

3) Cut a 2017 draft pick

4) Fired a scout & told people he wants to cut down scouting staff

He insists publicly he only wants to coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being the subject of yet another redundant thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And the gm with a 14-34 record last three years is more qualified than the coach with a 23-25 record during the same time 

hey PhilC1 which RB would you rather have, Tevin Coleman or Le'Veon Bell? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Manish Mehta 
 
 

In 6 days as “interim GM,” Adam Gase has:

1) Traded away a former 1st round pick for a 2020 6th-rounder

2) Signed a punter he had in Miami

3) Cut a 2017 draft pick

4) Fired a scout & told people he wants to cut down scouting staff

He insists publicly he only wants to coach

By the time they hire a GM he will have shaped the roster to his liking and, if he continues, remake the scouting staff - but he just wants to coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And the gm with a 14-34 record last three years is more qualified than the coach with a 23-25 record during the same time 

there aren't enough hours in the day to be both a HC and GM. i'm not defending mac but these are 2 different jobs, Even when Belly or Andy Reid do both it's because they are good enough coaches to demand it. Gase isn't on that level but leave to the Jets to treat him as such 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, Philc1 said:

Let’s see as GM Gase has or is in the process of:

 

—trading BUST Darron Lee 

—shopping overrated Leonard Williams

 

Im trying to figure out what he’s doing that makes him the Isiah Thomas of football suddenly

For the most part, Gase gets a pass till the games are played. 

We win 9+ games next year, then I won’t complain. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Lee has been here for 4 years, stunk and we had multiple players at the same position who were better including a high profile free agent we gave big money to

 

 

That’s the rush

Horrible reply. There was no rush to trade him. we could have gotten a 6th for him the day before camp opened. Gase gave him away for a player who likely will be nothing more than a backup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugghhh..

offence.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

And the gm with a 14-34 record last three years is more qualified than the coach with a 23-25 record during the same time 

By this logic a FG kicker who hasn't missed his last 40 attempts is more qualified to take 3 pointers for Golden State than Clay Thomas because he has a higher success percentage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...