Breer On GM Search

KRL

No need to rush it. This team has made too many knee-jerk hires over the years IMO. Take your time, do some interviews, and do it right the first time. They have to do their homework and not make another mistake. No need to be impatient. There's not much for a GM to do right now anyway.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I've posted my feeling on Gase, and this whole situation since Macc got fired. I don't think I'm going to go into it again, even I'm getting tired of hearing myself say the same thing over and over.

What is very surprising to me is that a few people here I normally agree with have a "move along, there's nothing to see here..." attitude about Gase, the GM search and what amount of power the man they hire will have.

I'm far from agreeing with them, but at this point I'm going to sit back, and listen to their side of this. Who knows, maybe I'll come around to their line of reasoning, and admit I'm wrong.

I'm not sure exactly, but I might have admitted that once before, I just can't remember when. ?

My biggest fear is this thing never settles down, we burn a few more seasons and Sam heading into year 5 has had enough and in free agency walks right to the Patriots where they need someone to replace the finally retired Brady.

Franchise QBs seem to remain loyal, but don't press your luck.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Your right the rest of the NFL thinks its great Adam Gase is our GM. 

Actually everyone knows Gase is the GM for a week or so, hence the interim tag.  

Of course won't stop you om spinning this into something dark. Into people are talking about us.  Ouch.  

Can you name all the NFL people that have an issue with him being there until they hire someone?  Confusing right? 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually everyone knows Gase is the GM for a week or so, hence the interim tag.  

Of course won't stop you om spinning this into something dark. Into people are talking about us.  Ouch.  

Can you name all the NFL people that have an issue with him being there until they hire someone?  Confusing right? 

Actually I support Adam Gase I liked the hiring a lot. 

My concerns are he was brought here to be the HC not the GM. 

Who the hell am I to spin anything for what reason,I doubt my opinions matter to anyone of importance but you who seems to have issues with them. 

7 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Am I reading this right? Emphasis on communication skills, not scouting? 

So basically, just need someone that can get along with the nut job coach we are saddling you with. Cant imagine why anyone wouldnt want this job.

Just hire Mrs. Gase and get it over with already. 

Mac didn't have scouting skills either plus didn't even communicate well so just about anything is an improvement.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The sooner we hire a GM the better as the days go on this organization is looking really bad. 

BS...now all of a sudden people are concerned about 'how we look'?  LOL

Get it right is the main thing, optics can't get worse.

This is where Chris can go two ways....let Gase play acting GM, if he believes in him, while searching for someone to be a Head of Football Operations and let them figure this sh*t out LONG TERM, or he can look for a GM that hopefully can work with Gase.

If I'm bringing someone like Manning in here it ain't as a GM...but as head of the football operation?

I'd be interested.

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The sooner we hire a GM the better as the days go on this organization is looking really bad. 

Why?

Cuts won't be made for 2 and a half months.

College football won't be played for 3 months.  

If ever there was a time to not have a GM, it's now.  When the time comes, we'll have a GM, and he will most likely be better than Mac was.  No need to panic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

BS...now all of a sudden people are concerned about 'how we look'?  LOL

Get it right is the main thing, optics can't get worse.

This is where Chris can go two ways....let Gase play acting GM, if he believes in him, while searching for someone to be a Head of Football Operations and let them figure this sh*t out LONG TERM, or he can look for a GM that hopefully can work with Gase.

If I'm bringing someone like Manning in here it ain't as a GM...but as head of the football operation?

I'd be interested.

As a longtime fan just about everything wrong has happened to this organization throughout my lifetime, some stuff you couldn't make up. 

I thought getting a franchise QB in place would help end all of the bad stuff. 

I thought our  image was changing. 

When this organization fired Todd Bowles and staff that would have been the time fire Mike Maccagnan like many of us wanted. 

Instead we allowed MM to spend our free agent money, draft new players and then we fired him after the fact.

Every team needs a GM with OTA's starting I want the HC worrying about FOOTBALL X's and 0's not GM responsibilities that the inept Johnson brothers burden him with. 

Do you think any of this is selling season tickets? 

14 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I've posted my feeling on Gase, and this whole situation since Macc got fired. I don't think I'm going to go into it again, even I'm getting tired of hearing myself say the same thing over and over.

What is very surprising to me is that a few people here I normally agree with have a "move along, there's nothing to see here..." attitude about Gase, the GM search and what amount of power the man they hire will have.

I'm far from agreeing with them, but at this point I'm going to sit back, and listen to their side of this. Who knows, maybe I'll come around to their line of reasoning, and admit I'm wrong.

I'm not sure exactly, but I might have admitted that once before, I just can't remember when. ?

I think it just hope, we like the underdog, hence being Jets fans, there are plenty of concerns but if a bunch of fans disagreed with your views on Gase there probably would have been more "conversation", not much we can do but hope for the best 

if you are correct (like Varys, hope you are not), that will probably mean the end of Darnold and another decade or more of rebuilding

17 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Am I reading this right? Emphasis on communication skills, not scouting? 

So basically, just need someone that can get along with the nut job coach we are saddling you with. Cant imagine why anyone wouldnt want this job.

Just hire Mrs. Gase and get it over with already. 

Who said Mr. and Mrs. Gase get along?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Actually I support Adam Gase I liked the hiring a lot. 

My concerns are he was brought here to be the HC not the GM. 

Who the hell am I to spin anything for what reason,I doubt my opinions matter to anyone of importance but you who seems to have issues with them. 

Joe the martyr.  Who has a problem?  Stop the drama, i made a comment. 

14 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

No need to rush it. This team has made too many knee-jerk hires over the years IMO. Take your time, do some interviews, and do it right the first time. They have to do their homework and not make another mistake. No need to be impatient. There's not much for a GM to do right now anyway.

Exactly.

Especially given Macc was hired so late that no one else is looking to hire a GM, there's no competition for anyone we're interested in.  Do the Rooney interview, interview whoever is qualified and pick the best candidate based on resume and relationship with the HC.  The way it should be.