Here's why L'eveon Bell was not at any Voluntary Workouts!!

Reuben Foster, troubled Redskins star, carted off crying at OTAs

May 20, 2019 | 12:22pm

Enlarge Image
Reuben Foster
Reuben Foster

If Odell Beckham Jr. or Le’Veon Bell wanted any justification for skipping voluntary workouts, they have it.

Redskins linebacker Reuben Foster suffered a left leg injury Monday morning that seems serious. Foster was carted off sobbing, according to NFL Network’s Mike Garofolo.

Foster has dealt with shoulder issues in the past, along with off-field troubles that saw him play just six games for the 49ers last season. A former first-round pick just two years ago, Foster was cut by the 49ers last November after a misdemeanor domestic violence charge and was picked up by Washington just three days later. The charges were later dropped.

Though the seriousness of the injury remains unclear, this could be a blow to a Redskins defense for which the Alabama product figured to play a key role in 2019.

Embedded video

Redskins linebacker Reuben Foster was visibly in serious pain and carted off the field after an injury on Monday.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

It could happen to any of them at anytime.  Foster isn't a sympathetic figure but it def sucks for these guys.  But it's just going to happen sometimes.  I don't really care if LB isn't around, no one will care when the season starts.  But my feeling overall is that at some point football players have to practice football and it's inherently risky.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

pretty much yup and yeah,

now the Players association sure has scaled back practices from what it used to be and sure I would argue too much so, that players are really not in game shape and the off season as a whole is pretty watered down...but yeah OTA injuries are horrible, if I was playing i wouldn't go to them no ******* way.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

now the Players association sure has scaled back practices from what it used to be and sure I would argue too much so, that players are really not in game shape and the off season as a whole is pretty watered down...but yeah OTA injuries are horrible, if I was playing i wouldn't go to them no ******* way.

agree, players need to make sure they are in top physical shape before they start practicing, even without pads, the speed and sudden changes in direction will wreak havoc on ligaments and joints 

getting in shape does not have to be done as a team, as long as the work gets done

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2019 at 3:24 PM, 32EBoozer said:

Reuben Foster, troubled Redskins star, carted off crying at OTAs

May 20, 2019 | 12:22pm

Enlarge Image
Reuben Foster
Reuben Foster

If Odell Beckham Jr. or Le’Veon Bell wanted any justification for skipping voluntary workouts, they have it.

Redskins linebacker Reuben Foster suffered a left leg injury Monday morning that seems serious. Foster was carted off sobbing, according to NFL Network’s Mike Garofolo.

Foster has dealt with shoulder issues in the past, along with off-field troubles that saw him play just six games for the 49ers last season. A former first-round pick just two years ago, Foster was cut by the 49ers last November after a misdemeanor domestic violence charge and was picked up by Washington just three days later. The charges were later dropped.

Though the seriousness of the injury remains unclear, this could be a blow to a Redskins defense for which the Alabama product figured to play a key role in 2019.

Embedded video

Redskins linebacker Reuben Foster was visibly in serious pain and carted off the field after an injury on Monday.

If that were the case, why would any NFL player show up for voluntary work if this were likely?

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What would be the reaction here if Gase announced he was going to hold Sam Darnold out of every practice because he was afraid of Sam hurting his knee?

The big red Jersey basically does that anyway.  NO TOUCHING!!!

• Upvote 3

On 5/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

true enough.  the game is actually 365/24/7 but the player's association sees it as being seasonal.  sure they should limit contact practices but there's no reason why teams shouldn't be able to contact the players and have workout sessions and/or playbook classes etc.

• Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

By this logic why don't they just have everybody show up to the stadium the morning of September 8th for Buffalo.

your logic is faulty. every player has a RIGHT to do ONLY what the contract stipulates they do to fulfill that contract.

not showing up for voluntary stuff is within their RIGHTS.  tell tom coughlin i say VAFFANCULO!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

your logic is faulty. every player has a RIGHT to do ONLY what the contract stipulates they do to fulfill that contract.

not showing up for voluntary stuff is within their RIGHTS.  tell tom coughlin i say VAFFANCULO!

Your correct, he does have the right to sit out.  Just as I, & others here, have the right to think he's a "me" player for doing so.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

So why is anyone there?  Why are the other veterans there?  Why is it only the attention whore Bell who isn’t there?

• Thumb Down 1

tbh, i dont know what i'd do in this situation. but then again, i have never had any skill that makes my employer pay me so damned much..   or worked in a filed where my work was an endangerment to my lifelong wellness...  ask Wes Walker.

and , btw, neither have any of you judgemental prigs been in any such situation.

47 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

tbh, i dont know what i'd do in this situation. but then again, i have never had any skill that makes my employer pay me so damned much..   or worked in a filed where my work was an endangerment to my lifelong wellness...  ask Wes Walker.

and , btw, neither have any of you judgemental prigs been in any such situation.

We're beating a dead horse at this point.  No one's going to change anyone's mind regarding how they feel about Bell being there or not.  The fact is, I believe we have a 90 man roster right now, if I'm not mistaken.  From what I've seen, 89 men are there practicing, one is not.   If you think that doesn't create resentment amongst some other players in the locker room, you're fooling yourself.  I don't care what anybody says in the media, because no one's going to trash the guy for it, but I guarantee you there is resentment amongst some.