Here's why L'eveon Bell was not at any Voluntary Workouts!!

24 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

We're beating a dead horse at this point.  No one's going to change anyone's mind regarding how they feel about Bell being there or not.  The fact is, I believe we have a 90 man roster right now, if I'm not mistaken.  From what I've seen, 89 men are there practicing, one is not.   If you think that doesn't create resentment amongst some other players in the locker room, you're fooling yourself.  I don't care what anybody says in the media, because no one's going to trash the guy for it, but I guarantee you there is resentment amongst some.  

all good, m8. this is why i post on sports forums. people disagree. people agree. we talk about it. 

cheers:comb:

we all just want to see this mfing team get its sh*t together one way or another, right? :-)

• Upvote 1

Voluntary. 

adjective

1. 1.
    done, given, or acting of one's own free will.
    "we are funded by voluntary contributions"
    synonyms: optional, discretionary, at one's discretion, elective, noncompulsory, nonmandatory, not required, open, open to choice, volitional, up to the individual; More

35 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

We're beating a dead horse at this point.  No one's going to change anyone's mind regarding how they feel about Bell being there or not.  The fact is, I believe we have a 90 man roster right now, if I'm not mistaken.  From what I've seen, 89 men are there practicing, one is not.   If you think that doesn't create resentment amongst some other players in the locker room, you're fooling yourself.  I don't care what anybody says in the media, because no one's going to trash the guy for it, but I guarantee you there is resentment amongst some.  

I get all of this.  It's disappointing to many.  Worse to others.

But I am not concerned.  The one guy you're referring to... is going to be the best player on the field for a handful of weeks this season.   He is that good.  This will all blow over.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

But I am not concerned.  The one guy you're referring to... is going to be the best player on the field for a handful of weeks this season.   He is that good.  This will all blow over.

I'm not sure a lot of Jet fans really understand how good this guy is.  If he can play to his old form all of his teammates and this fan base will have no problem with this choice.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Santonio Holmes was the best player on the field for us over a couple of years.

Odell Beckham is the best player on any field he steps on.

Terrell Owens was the best player on every team he's ever been on.  

"Me" guys don't win championships.  They cause headaches until you get sick of them enough to finally ship them out.  That's the reason we got him in the first place. The problem with a guy like Bell is that those types don't tend to improve after getting their big payday.  Hope I'm wrong, but we've seen this movie before.