Jets Waive Leggett

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

NOOOOOOO!!!!! How is he still here!!!!!

Still think Tomlinson is a longshot to make the roster.  Added Wesco in the draft and signed Daniel Brown, who might be a better blocking tight end.  Waiving Leggett could open a roster spot for Sterling -- at least for the first few games if Henrdon is suspended.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Still think Tomlinson is a longshot to make the roster.  Added Wesco in the draft and sigined Daniel Brown, who might be ab etter blocki9ng tight end.  Waiving Leggett could ope n a roster spot for Sterling -- at least for the first few games if Henrdon is suspended.

Neal Sterling will be the #2 TE. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

This makes no sense to me.  Why not see how it shakes out in TC?  The guy has talent, he might need motivation but he seemed to be improving last year.

Someone asked why we dont want Gase as GM?  Here is a good reason-he has no investment in or knowledge of the current players and yet he is cutting them.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Huh... that’s weird... Leggett started to come on at the end of last year.

weeks 12,13,14 and 15 he averaged 1 reception a game. The most yards he had in a game was 24 on 2 catches, and he is a receiving tight end that doesn't block. 

Kind of mind blowing the last 3 years we used a 4th or 5th pick on a tight end (love the Herndon pick)

If Lee's return was a late 6th I am not surprised by the cut, just funny it happened while Gase was coach. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Interesting considering one of his arguments with Mac was over not landing Darren Fells in free agency. Herndon/Wesco/Tomlinson is good with me.

Leggett seems like a good practice squad guy

I have no idea why that makes this interesting. 

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What do we gain by cutting him vs. having him as a camp body for his minimal salary?

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah seriously.

Herndon/Wesco/Sterling/Tomlinson

Talks in free agency Gase wanted Darren Fells who signed with Houston. 

Leggett was never making the team, I am sure we will go into camp with probably another 2 or 3 bodies that will end up on the PS

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Interesting considering one of his arguments with Mac was over not landing Darren Fells in free agency. Herndon/Wesco/Tomlinson is good with me.

Leggett seems like a good practice squad guy

I don't get the Fells thing.  He is 33 years old.  He was ancient when he got in the league because he played pro hoops overseas first.  Maybe it was a philosophical thing - a guy Gase likes that cost almost nothing and they didn't go after him.  Leggett is a seam guy and Gase wants YAC, maybe Fells better fits his profile.                                     

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wow this is getting bad its like we draft 1 decent player a year with these moron GM's they keep hiring. 

It's getting bad?  What the ****?  It's been bad for ages.  You needed them to cut Jordan Leggett to realize the 2017 draft sucks?  Even the people in love with Adams admit that. 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What do we gain by cutting him vs. having him as a camp body for his minimal salary?

Room for a 2nd punter!!!

9 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Huh... that’s weird... Leggett started to come on at the end of last year.

Huh.  He broke 20 yards once all season.  24 on 4 targets, week 10 against the Pats. He had 3 catches for 24 yards on 6 targets over the last 3 weeks even though he started 2 of those games. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

This makes no sense to me.  Why not see how it shakes out in TC?  The guy has talent, he might need motivation but he seemed to be improving last year.

Someone asked why we dont want Gase as GM?  Here is a good reason-he has no investment in or knowledge of the current players and yet he is cutting them.

He showed up after the draft fat, out of shape, and was known to be lazy in college. 

Standard Mac draft pick.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Tomlinson is terrible and he shouldn't be taking up a roster spot.

I agree with him not being a starter, but for a depth position for a 3rd spot in a tight end room, Eric Tomlinson fits that role.

He is an above average outside blocker in the run game.

Adding him in on run downs in 2/3 tight end packages is an advantage on the run blocking side (we are going to have to get as creative as possible this year with our OL)

There is a chance Sterling beats him out and we carry 3 tight ends, either way I would move him to PS barring any injury to your back up tight ends