Jets Waive Leggett

50 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still think Tomlinson is a longshot to make the roster.  Added Wesco in the draft and signed Daniel Brown, who might be a better blocking tight end.  Waiving Leggett could open a roster spot for Sterling -- at least for the first few games if Henrdon is suspended.

Don’t underestimate Tomlinson. We can’t seem to shake him. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What do we gain by cutting him vs. having him as a camp body for his minimal salary?

Gives him a chance to catch on somewhere else?  Opens a roster spot for someone you may be interested in?

27 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

So do we really need to keep blaming Gase for mccags being gone

He can't quite make up his mind.  In one post he complains about the cut.

Finds a Cimini blurb that those bottom picks suck so all ok. Lol

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sometimes it is better to keep lazy ****s from contaminating the roster.  Keep those guys away from my team and my weight room. 

I think this is another “statement” move. No more free passes just because you were a draft pick. Smooth brains always argued that Mac had a decent amount of players that were still on the roster but anyone with a brain realized that’s because our roster was trash. It was also due to a conflict of interest where the GM wanted to cover his *ss and kept players on that didn’t deserve to be on this team.

Compound this with how many JAGS we have as starters, purely because they are “de facto” starters. For example, Shell and Jenkins would be really good depth though so I’m still fine with them as players. Expect more purging. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Team won 14 games in 3 years. There are maybe 10 guys on this team I would get upset over seeing them get cut. Leggett isn't one of them. I'm fine with this.

I'm not a fan of Gase yet, but he starts getting rid of the trash on this team, I will be.

We still have 40 million, crazy cuts happen as you get towards camps, players get signed, this shows me Gase wants open spaces for the right guys that come available. He's making a statement that no season is a waste & let's look toward next year. That's not an attitude you should ever have as an NFL organization when you have your QB in place & I think Gase has his guy.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Smooth brains always argued that Mac had a decent amount of players that were still on the roster but anyone with a brain realized that’s because our roster was trash. 

Grooved brain, presumably. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think this is another “statement” move. No more free passes just because you were a draft pick. Smooth brains always argued that Mac had a decent amount of players that were still on the roster but anyone with a brain realized that’s because our roster was trash. It was also due to a conflict of interest where the GM wanted to cover his *ss and kept players on that didn’t deserve to be on this team.

Compound this with how many JAGS we have as starters, purely because they are “de facto” starters. For example, Shell and Jenkins would be really good depth though so I’m still fine with them as players. Expect more purging. 

Well looks to me like Gase wants a certain type of player on his roster. You dog it and you're gone. Sending a message with this move. You want a roster spot? Earn it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Fat, lazy, bad work ethic. Sure let’s keep him around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that's the case, no worries, let him go.

The only report of that being the case I've seen is from forum posters.  If I missed the article documenting his flaws, ok, I missed it.

17 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Well looks to me like Gase wants a certain type of player on his roster. You dog it and you're gone. Sending a message with this move. You want a roster spot? Earn it.

After the Bowles football program, which was a 4 year vacation for NFL players, this is exactly what this team needs. I hope it’s not a disaster but it’s long overdue. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

We still have 40 million, crazy cuts happen as you get towards camps, players get signed, this shows me Gase wants open spaces for the right guys that come available. He's making a statement that no season is a waste & let's look toward next year. That's not an attitude you should ever have as an NFL organization when you have your QB in place & I think Gase has his guy.

I told you yesterday in the thread you started about the AFC East that I liked your positive attitude. I meant it, because its refreshing to see that around here, even when I don't agree with you. I do agree with you here up to a point, but I'm going to go a in a different direction then you did here. Just remember I'm about as leery of Gase as anyone on this board though.

I think a lot of people here are going to be shocked by the turnover on this roster by the time September comes around. Gase has his second NFL HC job now, and I think he knows what type of players he wants on his team. Of course he wants to win this year, all coaches do, but I don't think he feels he'll have the team he wants in 2019. He's going to really shake things up here, and next offseason is when he'll probably finish the job.

Like I said, I'm not a fan, but he's our new HC, and he deserves the chance to turn over this roster. It isn't like we're a Super Bowl contender. Who knows? He might end up knowing what he's doing. Just don't be shocked to see a lot of who you thought were "core guys" gone by the 2020 season.

• Sympathy 1