Jump to content
WowOhWow

The Johnson family back story - whoa

Recommended Posts

I actually looked CJ up this weekend as well and was astonished that the first (and only) job listed on his wikipedia page is the Jets.  Literally has not held as much as a board seat somewhere.

How can we expect someone to competently run a multi-billion dollar organization in one of the most competitive industries on earth with zero business or football experience.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Don’t be a little weak mac asskisser/anti current jets and you won’t get the Sanchez kid

Continue to be the low brow dick we all know you are, and try to improve your knowledge and vocabulary.  I try to ignore you and your primitive, worthless "impressions".  I suggest you do the same.  Now that Maccagnan is gone I suspect you'll have little to say, not that it will matter much.

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the Born Rich docu his son made.  Woody was just painting pictures in the house and stupid rich sh*t before he owned the jets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BCJet said:

I actually looked CJ up this weekend as well and was astonished that the first (and only) job listed on his wikipedia page is the Jets.  Literally has not held as much as a board seat somewhere.

How can we expect someone to competently run a multi-billion dollar organization in one of the most competitive industries on earth with zero business or football experience.  

That’s some heavy duty research. Did you get beyond the first click in your google search?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

That’s some heavy duty research. Did you get beyond the first click in your google search?

Where's the lie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was curious to learn more about Chris and Woody and what, if anything, they've ever done on their own that was successful.  I started to do a quick google search and oh man...the Johnson family is a complete mess.
These guys literally have done nothing but inherit massive amounts of money and be a part of one of the most dysfunctional families I've ever heard of.
This is how most billionaires are. Bezos kids are going to be degenerate bums, just like the Walton's, and etc.



Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 or 12 years back I was looking into Woody and where his money came from.

It's true he was born rich and never needed to work a day in his life.

 

However he did Invest in real estate and cable TV and over doubled his money making him the billionaire he was when he bought the Jets.

So yes he is an astute businessman.

 

Next.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

But on of the "posters" on this website continuously posts that Woody's Non Profit and foundation work are notable.

 

Giving away money is as difficult as earning it.. haven't you heard?

 

Woody has done NOTHING in my view that should garner the respect of businessmen.

Kinda like ANOTHER kid who grew up on daddy's money and lost more than a billion dollars, even though everyone thought/still thinks he is a great businessman....

Wonder whatever happened to that guy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Which nfl franchise hasn’t?

Did you buy one?

hes beaten the market since his purchase and having fun. 

And he’s a generous guy with regards to charity. 

We sat next to him at a restaurant a few years ago and he was very nice to my son. He’s okay in my book. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So?  he could have invested in Amazon and made 10,000 times that. Irrelevant.  I believe YOU could have done that.  ALL sports franchises increased more or less in that proportion. 

I am not attacking his heart or character. I’m simply don’t see any real business acumen that I believe is impressive and his record as owner is not very good.

 

My portfolio is up 80x since 2004. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Did you buy one?

hes beaten the market since his purchase and having fun. 

And he’s a generous guy with regards to charity. 

We sat next to him at a restaurant a few years ago and he was very nice to my son. He’s okay in my book. 

Absolutely great guy.  No question. But his team and he are bottom third statistically in NFL since his arrival.  It’s not personal Sonny, it’s strictly business. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

That’s some heavy duty research. Did you get beyond the first click in your google search?

Thats my point, there is nothing to research.  You think he founded some company in silicon valley, or sat on the Board of GM, or built a wing at a hospital and its not in the google search?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So?  he could have invested in Amazon and made 10,000 times that. Irrelevant.  I believe YOU could have done that.  ALL sports franchises increased more or less in that proportion. 

I am not attacking his heart or character. I’m simply don’t see any real business acumen that I believe is impressive and his record as owner is not very good.

 

I sensed a lot of character attacks in this thread.  Not from you however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gunnails said:

10 or 12 years back I was looking into Woody and where his money came from.

It's true he was born rich and never needed to work a day in his life.

 

However he did Invest in real estate and cable TV and over doubled his money making him the billionaire he was when he bought the Jets.

So yes he is an astute businessman.

 

Next.

J and J stock , if dividends are reinvested more than quadrupled since 2000.  let’s not anoint him a genius ..... he did, in my view, nothing that would have educated him how to run an NFL team better than average.  his record states he is below average, so ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You got $800?????😀

Who says I started with double digits ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Absolutely great guy.  No question. But his team and he are bottom third statistically in NFL since his arrival.  It’s not personal Sonny, it’s strictly business. 

We had a good run till the last five years. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone connected basically hooked the Johnsons up with Hess.

Hess was just like the Johnsons in terms of running a dysfunctional football team in a small-minded manner, but when he realized he was gong to die, he found Parcells and miraculously fixed it.  Then he sold it to Johnson.

Parcells and Bellichick figured it out and fled, but others remained, and for the first 10 years of Johnson’s ownership, the Jets were a top 16 NFL team.  Not anymore.  

The right answer here is for the Johnson’s to book their gain under the Trump capital gains tax rates and move on.  They are now over their head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lucky sperm brothers fired out of the right wiener 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah... his great grandfather made a sh*t ton of money under the same conditions as Carnegie and the Rockefeller’s. Shame shame 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PhilanthropyEdit

Johnson became involved in charitable organizations full-time in the 1980s. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. His family has been affected by both lupus and juvenile diabetes, which motivated Johnson to take a role in raising funds to prevent, treat, and cure autoimmune diseases. He has led efforts on Capitol Hill and at the National Institutes of Health to increase research funding for these diseases,[6] and personally contributed to causes related to diabetes, after his daughter, Casey, was diagnosed with the disease. He started a research foundation, the Alliance for Lupus Research, after his daughter Jaime was found to have lupus.[7

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a bad thread. The Johnsons are far from perfect and haven’t done a great job with the team for sure.  But a character assassination thread on the owners might be a new low here.

Let’s have everyone here list the 5 worst things about their families and compare. Sheesh! 🙄

I’d bet that many of our posters are similar to the Johnsons.....just without the money.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choon328 said:

PhilanthropyEdit

Johnson became involved in charitable organizations full-time in the 1980s. He is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations. His family has been affected by both lupus and juvenile diabetes, which motivated Johnson to take a role in raising funds to prevent, treat, and cure autoimmune diseases. He has led efforts on Capitol Hill and at the National Institutes of Health to increase research funding for these diseases,[6] and personally contributed to causes related to diabetes, after his daughter, Casey, was diagnosed with the disease. He started a research foundation, the Alliance for Lupus Research, after his daughter Jaime was found to have lupus.[7

His great grandfather made a lot of money. They are bad people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They may have never worked a day in their lives but they've done more for people they don't know then any of us have done for the people we do know. Don't throw stones if you live in glass houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

His great grandfather made a lot of money. They are bad people. 

Yours didn't, what kind of person are you? Who have you helped? I'm guessing not many people. We live in a world of hypocrites and jealousy. It's sad really

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What a bad thread. The Johnsons are far from perfect and haven’t done a great job with the team for sure.  But a character assassination thread on the owners might be a new low here.

Let’s have everyone here list the 5 worst things about their families and compare. Sheesh! 🙄

I’d bet that many of our posters are similar to the Johnsons.....just without the money.

 

Envy thine name is this thread 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What a bad thread. The Johnsons are far from perfect and haven’t done a great job with the team for sure.  But a character assassination thread on the owners might be a new low here.

Let’s have everyone here list the 5 worst things about their families and compare. Sheesh! 🙄

I’d bet that many of our posters are similar to the Johnsons.....just without the money.

 

If I was born into that kind of money I would be ten times worse. Have to be. Let me ask my mom. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

What a bad thread. The Johnsons are far from perfect and haven’t done a great job with the team for sure.  But a character assassination thread on the owners might be a new low here.

Let’s have everyone here list the 5 worst things about their families and compare. Sheesh! 🙄

I’d bet that many of our posters are similar to the Johnsons.....just without the money.

 

Seriously.  Talking about daughters death and stuff like that.  Uncalled for. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Don’t be a little weak mac asskisser/anti current jets and you won’t get the Sanchez kid. And I don’t start wars, I finish them. You first Butt fumbled me saying firing mac was a good idea. So stop crying Libby 

The reason I butt fumbled you was because you said that firing Maccagnan was the most successful thing that the Johnson's have ever done.  It had nothing to do with your " Mancrush", Magic Mike.  I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks or says about your obsession.  As usual, you've got it wrong.

As for the "anti current Jets" impression, where does that come from?  I, unlike you, don't spend all of my waking hours criticizing every move that the organization makes..

So you finish wars, huh?  What a tough guy.  You must have very small hands, and small feet.  It takes a real man to start and finish all of their posts with cute little emoji's, right, snowflake?

The only good thing about you, as far as I can tell,  is that you love your dog.  I guess even a turd has at least one redeeming quality.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude cant pick his family, and there are plenty of folk who have crazy siblings. And I know that there a bunch of folks who in their teen/early 20's went out with their friends, got smashed went to the local piss tree to drain the snake, heard a friend say something funny, closed your eyes in laughter and when you opened them you realized your face is on the floor.

Wealthy folks are no different, they can simply afford to pretend they are. 

 

Yeah but the overpass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who gives a crap. 

Theyve owned the team for over 2 decades....there  not selling anytime soon....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The reason I butt fumbled you was because you said that firing Maccagnan was the most successful thing that the Johnson's have ever done.  It had nothing to do with your " Mancrush", Magic Mike.  I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks or says about your obsession.  As usual, you've got it wrong.

As for the "anti current Jets" impression, where does that come from?  I, unlike you, don't spend all of my waking hours criticizing every move that the organization makes..

So you finish wars, huh?  What a tough guy.  You must have very small hands, and small feet.  It takes a real man to start and finish all of their posts with cute little emoji's, right, snowflake?

The only good thing about you, as far as I can tell,  is that you love your dog.  I guess even a turd has at least one redeeming quality.

Grammar alert! You used two periods at the end of your 2nd rambling paragraph. I guess they don't focus on English comprehension and Language Arts in Whoville.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

woodytrump.jpg

Woody is a good man and a loyal American who serves us overseas.  Relations between the UK and the US has never been more peaceful, the thread of war is very low.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The reason I butt fumbled you was because you said that firing Maccagnan was the most successful thing that the Johnson's have ever done.  It had nothing to do with your " Mancrush", Magic Mike.  I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks or says about your obsession.  As usual, you've got it wrong.

As for the "anti current Jets" impression, where does that come from?  I, unlike you, don't spend all of my waking hours criticizing every move that the organization makes..

So you finish wars, huh?  What a tough guy.  You must have very small hands, and small feet.  It takes a real man to start and finish all of their posts with cute little emoji's, right, snowflake?

The only good thing about you, as far as I can tell,  is that you love your dog.  I guess even a turd has at least one redeeming quality.

Guess who said this ?

 

You keep alluding to "our next GM".  Got some news for you.  We'll discuss that in about two years, at least.  In the meantime you can give him a chance, or keep pulling your hair out over it.  Your choice.

 

someone who is not only incredibly weak, but a full blown fing idiot apparently. You been very pissy as many of mac’s Fan boys have since his firing. I just want to see all Mac’s little fan club to come around and support this team and HC. Not going around like a bunch of weak little girls/cowards buttfumbling anyone who dares says mac was a bad gm. Mac is gone, wasn’t “ 2 years, at least. “ 🙃

  • Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, choon328 said:

Yours didn't, what kind of person are you? Who have you helped? I'm guessing not many people. We live in a world of hypocrites and jealousy. It's sad really

Sarcasm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...