Jump to content
WowOhWow

The Johnson family back story - whoa

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, choon328 said:

Grammar alert! You used two periods at the end of your 2nd rambling paragraph. I guess they don't focus on English comprehension and Language Arts in Whoville.

  

Those three dots are together known as an ellipsis (plural: ellipses) — or “suspension point” in the printing trade.

The principal (and traditional) function is to indicate intentional omission of a word, section or a whole section of text.

However, it has come to pass that the ellipsis is also used as a visual cue or signal in the text to show 4 possible things:—

  1. Something more is to come (e.g. to break up longer turns in conversations).
  2. Politeness, such as to show changing of the topic or hesitation.
  3. Silence or pause, such as to show confusion, disagreement or disapproval (and this was started in the comic strips and comic books in the 1950s to show “trailing-off silence”).
  4. Some sort of ‘deeper’ meaning implied by the writer or for the recipient to figure out.

In other words, the ellipsis is also to inject a personalised flavour into the message.

 

Here you go.  Hope you can read this.  Maybe you'll learn something.  Forward it to your buddy.  He too, could use a little help.  You're welcome.  You know, "turds of a feather".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Guess who said this ?

 

You keep alluding to "our next GM".  Got some news for you.  We'll discuss that in about two years, at least.  In the meantime you can give him a chance, or keep pulling your hair out over it.  Your choice.

 

someone who is not only incredibly weak, but a full blown fing idiot apparently. You been very pissy as many of mac’s Fan boys have since his firing. I just want to see all Mac’s little fan club to come around and support this team and HC. Not going around like a bunch of weak little girls/cowards buttfumbling anyone who dares says mac was a bad gm. Mac is gone, wasn’t “ 2 years, at least. “ 🙃

Support?  I support all things Jets.  Your fascination with Maccagnan has made you delusional.  I was never a "fan boy".   Another favorite word in your limited vocabulary. 

I was "on board" early and often with the Gase hire.  I tend to butt fumble you in particular, and nearly exclusively, because of your penchant for negative and tasteless remarks.  Unfortunately, you lack the grey matter to comprehend this.

Now you see yourself as part of the "glass half full" contingent?  That's rich.  I am glad that Maccagnan is gone.  Wish you were too.  Going to have to find yourself another "muse".  If you don't know what that means, look it up.  You won't find it in a book of emojis.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 5:39 PM, Beerfish said:

Has Gase fired Chris Johnson yet?

If only.....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 6:03 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

They’re pretty much the Lannisters.

Which one is Tywin? Can we put HIM in charge? Please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

  

Those three dots are together known as an ellipsis (plural: ellipses) — or “suspension point” in the printing trade.

The principal (and traditional) function is to indicate intentional omission of a word, section or a whole section of text.

However, it has come to pass that the ellipsis is also used as a visual cue or signal in the text to show 4 possible things:—

  1. Something more is to come (e.g. to break up longer turns in conversations).
  2. Politeness, such as to show changing of the topic or hesitation.
  3. Silence or pause, such as to show confusion, disagreement or disapproval (and this was started in the comic strips and comic books in the 1950s to show “trailing-off silence”).
  4. Some sort of ‘deeper’ meaning implied by the writer or for the recipient to figure out.

In other words, the ellipsis is also to inject a personalised flavour into the message.

 

Here you go.  Hope you can read this.  Maybe you'll learn something.  Forward it to your buddy.  He too, could use a little help.  You're welcome.  You know, "turds of a feather".

I learned that you can't read. You used TWO dots not 3 so therefore it wasn't an ellipses. Good try though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 4:51 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah super bad when they make a butt load of cash and make the jets on of the most valuable franchises on earth...

lol

Imagine how valuable the team would be if they knew anything about running a football team.  

Lets be clear, the NFL is a monopoly.  The value of the Jets and all teams is skyrocketing because of the league and TV. It has nothing to do with the Johnsons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I learned that you can't read. You used TWO dots not 3 so therefore it wasn't an ellipses. Good try though.

Actually,  "sfb", I used more than three in my post.  When I submitted it some were cut off.  Anyhow, here's this....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

An ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Ancient Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, 'omission' or 'falling short') is a series of dots (typically three, such as "

If you can't understand this, "typically", means usual, but not to the exclusion of other outcomes.  Move on.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Actually,  "sfb", I used more than three in my post.  When I submitted it some were cut off.  Anyhow, here's this....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

An ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Ancient Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, 'omission' or 'falling short') is a series of dots (typically three, such as "

If you can't understand this, "typically", means usual, but not to the exclusion of other outcomes.  Move on.

You used two dots at the end of a sentence and then tried to say that was an ellipses. Then you quote the above to prove that it can be just two dots. However, an ellipses can ONLY be 3 or 4 dots, https://getitwriteonline.com/articles/ellipses/ but you knew that right? You know everything about grammar so I can't believe you wouldn't know that. 

This is what happens when a person loses an argument. They start criticizing grammar to change the subject. Although, if you're going to do that you better make damn sure your grammar game is on point. 🤡

 

  • Butt Fumble 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

You used two dots at the end of a sentence and then tried to say that was an ellipses. Then you quote the above to prove that it can be just two dots. However, an ellipses can ONLY be 3 or 4 dots, https://getitwriteonline.com/articles/ellipses/ but you knew that right? You know everything about grammar so I can't believe you wouldn't know that. 

This is what happens when a person loses an argument. They start criticizing grammar to change the subject. Although, if you're going to do that you better make damn sure your grammar game is on point. 🤡

 

What I do know is an azzhole when I see one.  Now, don't you have some homework to do, or wood to chop.  It's getting late.

  It's typical of you to assume what people's intentions are, or what they mean, or are thinking.  Knowing that, what do you think I think of you right now?  Bingo.

Like I said, move on.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

What I do know is an azzhole when I see one.  Now, don't you have some homework to do, or wood to chop.  It's getting late.

  It's typical of you to assume what people's intentions are, or what they mean, or are thinking.  Knowing that, what do you think I think of you right now?  Bingo.

Like I said, move on.

I'm sure you do know an azzhole when you see one because I assume you have at least 1 mirror in that 400 square foot studio apartment you live in. However, since you can't actually see me your azzhole sensing powers that you have doesn't work on me.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm sure you do know an azzhole when you see one because I assume you have at least 1 mirror in that 400 square foot studio apartment you live in. However, since you can't actually see me your azzhole sensing powers that you have doesn't work on me.

Oh, I "see" you all right.  When do you have to give mommy back her computer?  I won't be responding to your sophomoric, idiotic attempts at one-upmanship going forward.  I've got better things to do.  Apparently you don't.  Be a good boy.  Try not to soil your sheets.  Good Night.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Support?  I support all things Jets.  Your fascination with Maccagnan has made you delusional.  I was never a "fan boy".   Another favorite word in your limited vocabulary. 

I was "on board" early and often with the Gase hire.  I tend to butt fumble you in particular, and nearly exclusively, because of your penchant for negative and tasteless remarks.  Unfortunately, you lack the grey matter to comprehend this.

Now you see yourself as part of the "glass half full" contingent?  That's rich.  I am glad that Maccagnan is gone.  Wish you were too.  Going to have to find yourself another "muse".  If you don't know what that means, look it up.  You won't find it in a book of emojis.

What a pathetic attempt not to own up to by far the most ridiculous statement EVER made on this site 💁‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣 you proved you are by far the biggest idiot on this site by so confidently stating 2 weeks ago mac is going to be here 100% in 2 years, likely 3🙊 i haven’t seen anyone come even remotely close to your stupidity. You deserve the award for dumbest post of the yr kid 🙊

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Oh, I "see" you all right.  When do you have to give mommy back her computer?  I won't be responding to your sophomoric, idiotic attempts at one-upmanship going forward.  I've got better things to do.  Apparently you don't.  Be a good boy.  Try not to soil your sheets.  Good Night.

Ok Grandpa. Try not to soil your pants too

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What a pathetic attempt not to own up to by far the most ridiculous statement EVER made on this site 💁‍♂️🤣🤣🤣🤣 you proved you are by far the biggest idiot on this site by so confidently stating 2 weeks ago mac is going to be here 100% in 2 years, likely 3🙊 i haven’t seen anyone come even remotely close to your stupidity. You deserve the award for dumbest post of the yr kid 🙊

And you are truly the biggest schmuck on the site.  What emoji do you use for that Little Lord Fauntleroy?  5,000 posts, 2,400 reps, strong case for who the dumbest is, right genius?  Now back to your room.  I'm done with your sorry ass.

  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

And you are truly the biggest schmuck on the site.  What emoji do you use for that Little Lord Fauntleroy?  5,000 posts, 2,400 reps, strong case for who the dumbest is, right genius?  Now back to your room.  I'm done with your sorry ass.

Joe Namath would cry if he knew you were a Jets fan

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woody Johnson is the only person who was ever outmaneuvered by Jimmy Dolan.

That's really all you need to know about his business acumen. 

And Woody is the "brains" of the family compared to young Christopher.

Our only hope is that Gase really does know what he's doing.  It's about time this franchise has someone that does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Woody Johnson is the only person who was ever outmaneuvered by Jimmy Dolan.

That's really all you need to know about his business acumen. 

And Woody is the "brains" of the family compared to young Christopher. Our only hope is that Gase really does know what he's doing.  It's about time this franchise has someone that does.

This is a foolish statement.  The "arrangement" between New York City and James Dolan/ Madison Square Garden, had nothing to do with Woody Johnson or the New York Jets.  It had to do with some "do not compete" clause.

Woody Johnson was trying to do a noble thing, by returning the Jets to New York, where they belong.  He should be applauded for this, not ridiculed.  The ridicule  should be reserved for the politicians of New York City and the greedy James Dolan.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This is a foolish statement.  The "arrangement" between New York City and James Dolan/ Madison Square Garden, had nothing to do with Woody Johnson or the New York Jets.  It had to do with some "do not compete" clause.

Woody Johnson was trying to do a noble thing, by returning the Jets to New York, where they belong.  He should be applauded for this, not ridiculed.  The ridicule  should be reserved for the politicians of New York City and the greedy James Dolan.

I don't know anything about the do-not-compete and I'm sure you're right about it.  The question is why did Johnson even try (publicly) if it was a fait-accompli?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This is a foolish statement.  The "arrangement" between New York City and James Dolan/ Madison Square Garden, had nothing to do with Woody Johnson or the New York Jets.  It had to do with some "do not compete" clause.

Woody Johnson was trying to do a noble thing, by returning the Jets to New York, where they belong.  He should be applauded for this, not ridiculed.  The ridicule  should be reserved for the politicians of New York City and the greedy James Dolan.

Sheldon Silver deserves to rot in jail for how badly he screwed the Jets and Jet fans. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

And you are truly the biggest schmuck on the site.  What emoji do you use for that Little Lord Fauntleroy?  5,000 posts, 2,400 reps, strong case for who the dumbest is, right genius?  Now back to your room.  I'm done with your sorry ass.

You are not only the biggest pusssy on this site, you are also by far the dumbest mofo here 💁‍♂️

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You are not only the biggest pusssy on this site, you are also by far the dumbest mofo here 💁‍♂️

Says the "cute little emoji boy". Now put on your big girl panties, your baby doll jammies, and off to bed you go.  Nighty Night.

  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This is a foolish statement.  The "arrangement" between New York City and James Dolan/ Madison Square Garden, had nothing to do with Woody Johnson or the New York Jets.  It had to do with some "do not compete" clause.

Woody Johnson was trying to do a noble thing, by returning the Jets to New York, where they belong.  He should be applauded for this, not ridiculed.  The ridicule  should be reserved for the politicians of New York City and the greedy James Dolan.

The only thing foolish was Woody's attempt. Three people controlled the fate of the WSS - and Dolan put 2 of them on his payroll.

Woody is a well meaning dolt. He deserves to be ridiculed for this and a million other missteps since he purchased the team.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The only thing foolish was Woody's attempt. Three people controlled the fate of the WSS - and Dolan put 2 of them on his payroll.

Woody is a well meaning dolt. He deserves to be ridiculed for this and a million other missteps since he purchased the team.

So you wouldn't rather see the Jets in their own stadium on the West Side of Manhattan, and would prefer the current  "arrangement" of sharing the Stadium in the Meadowlands with the Giants?  Got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So you wouldn't rather see the Jets in their own stadium on the West Side of Manhattan, and would prefer the current  "arrangement" of sharing the Stadium in the Meadowlands with the Giants?  Got it.

what the hell are you talking about?

i would have rather Woody Johnson and Jay Cross took the millions of dollars they spent on convincing people that didn't matter that the WSS was a good idea - and took that money and put it in the pockets of Sheldon Silver and Joseph Bruno. If they did that - the WSS would have been built.   As I said, Woody was outmaneuvered by Guitar Jimmy Dolan.  Shameful.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

what the hell are you talking about?

i would have rather Woody Johnson and Jay Cross took the millions of dollars they spent on convincing people that didn't matter that the WSS was a good idea - and took that money and put it in the pockets of Sheldon Silver and Joseph Bruno. If they did that - the WSS would have been built.   As I said, Woody was outmaneuvered by Guitar Jimmy Dolan.  Shameful.

So, your brilliant suggestion was that Woody Johnson make illegal payments to Sheldon Silver and Joe Bruno, two proven dirty scumbag political lowlifes, in order to secure the West Side Stadium project. 

The fact that you think that political payola is a good way to serve the best interests of your chosen football franchise is shameful.  And you're taking shots at Woody?  Shame on you.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So, your brilliant suggestion was that Woody Johnson make illegal payments to Sheldon Silver and Joe Bruno, two proven dirty scumbag political lowlifes, in order to secure the West Side Stadium project. 

The fact that you think that political payola is a good way to serve the best interests of your chosen football franchise is shameful.  And you're taking shots at Woody?  Shame on you.

what are you, religious or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

what are you, religious or something?

He's better than everyone, didn't you get the memo? 

He's a professional ball washer. 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

what are you, religious or something?

No, just not raised by thieves or scoundrels.

And yes, I do believe in G-d.  Do you think that's a bad thing?

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He's better than everyone, didn't you get the memo? 

He's a professional ball washer. 

Beats being a professional ball sucker, you miscreant. 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

No, just not raised by thieves or scoundrels.

Well, then I think it's safe to say that you or your parents never got a single major construction project built in New York City either.   

Being a thief and/or a scoundrel is required in NY real estate.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Well, then I think it's safe to say that you or your parents never got a single major construction project built in New York City either.   

Being a thief and/or a scoundrel is required in NY real estate.

And that's a shame.  I lived/worked in NYC for over 20 years, so I know all about it.  It doesn't make it right, and it does not make it desirable.  It is also why New York City, and NYS are both not thriving as they should.  Hopefully, the day will come when all of that will change.

By the way, how many major construction projects in Manhattan have you financed or coordinated?  Just curious.  I suppose just another armchair quarterback.  I'd say that gives Woody a leg up on you, wouldn't you agree?

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, southparkcpa said:

But on of the "posters" on this website continuously posts that Woody's Non Profit and foundation work are notable.

 

Giving away money is as difficult as earning it.. haven't you heard?

 

Woody has done NOTHING in my view that should garner the respect of businessmen.

So as a CPA you're claiming all he does is give money away? 

I wouldn't let you figure out a 20% tip if you are.  Lol

We've been through this before.  The hate the man routine is way too 1960s. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 10:25 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The reason I butt fumbled you was because you said that firing Maccagnan was the most successful thing that the Johnson's have ever done.  It had nothing to do with your " Mancrush", Magic Mike.  I don't give a rat's ass about what anyone thinks or says about your obsession.  As usual, you've got it wrong.

As for the "anti current Jets" impression, where does that come from?  I, unlike you, don't spend all of my waking hours criticizing every move that the organization makes..

So you finish wars, huh?  What a tough guy.  You must have very small hands, and small feet.  It takes a real man to start and finish all of their posts with cute little emoji's, right, snowflake?

The only good thing about you, as far as I can tell,  is that you love your dog.  I guess even a turd has at least one redeeming quality.

That's NOT the JNWC poster I know.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So as a CPA you're claiming all he does is give money away? 

I wouldn't let you figure out a 20% tip if you are.  Lol

We've been through this before.  The hate the man routine is way too 1960s. 

Listen to Ken Langone . I have met him personally, I audited a small company he invested in back in the 90s.  He is brilliant.  his charitable giving is incredible, his thought process in this area unsurpassed.   THAT my friend is capitalism in a wind down phase. I am simply not impressed with Woody as a businessman.   As a human being, he actually came to the Tampa Bay Jets tailgate in 2009. He is a stand up guy.  But I look at his body of work and I don’t see anything I would follow or use as an example.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...