Gase Speaks

25 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Says he has nothing to do with McCagnans departure and the narrative that suggest he won a power struggle is false. 

Did he give his thoughts on the GOT finale?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

HE ALSO SAID WHOEVER COMES IN WILL CONTROL THE ROSTER SO NOTHING WILL CHANGE. The whole story........

lol - if this was somewhat of a legitimate organization, they'd get him as far away from the media and a reporter as possible.  Every word out of his mouth is a lie and he literally has zero redeeming qualities.  He legit seems like one of the most miserable people on earth who it would be a nightmare to be around.

If the Jets had a clue, they'd release some life style video of the guy just being normal and stuff.  Start making him appear likeable.  Because right now, he's anything but likeable. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

We heard the rumors of a strong impasse between them, we saw he was not around like all head coaches after the draft to meet and greet players and talk to the media (which was strange) and then the rumors proved true. Not only that he was named interim GM something that surprised everyone. And then he trades Lee the first day and today he cuts a Macc 2017 draft pick and signs a punter a former Fin when the Jets have a good punter.  And rumors that he wants to get rid of Macc's top offseason signing, Bell.  So what are we supposed to believe. I know what I believe. He colluded against Macc. 

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

lol - if this was somewhat of a legitimate organization, they'd get him as far away from the media and a reporter as possible.  Every word out of his mouth is a lie and he literally has zero redeeming qualities.  He legit seems like one of the most miserable people on earth who it would be a nightmare to be around.

If the Jets had a clue, they'd release some life style video of the guy just being normal and stuff.  Start making him appear likeable.  Because right now, he's anything but likeable. 

like BB, then?  Likeable?  LIke Marty Schittinheimer or Greg williams, then?  Like Mangini?  Like et al.........

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ehh who cares if he’s likeable or has any redeeming qualities other than helping us win. Brady left his pregnant gf for another broad. Ray Lewis killed a dude. Both faces of the NFL. So long as Gase helps win games I’m fine. If he does, he’s labeled a curmudgeon like Belichik, if he loses games he’s just another failure ??‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We heard the rumors of a strong impasse between them, we saw he was not around like all head coaches after the draft to meet and greet players and talk to the media (which was strange) and then the rumors proved true. Not only that he was named interim GM something that surprised everyone. And then he trades Lee the first day and today he cuts a Macc 2017 draft pick and signs a punter a former Fin when the Jets have a good punter.  And rumors that he wants to get rid of Macc's top offseason signing, Bell.  So what are we supposed to believe. I know what I believe. He colluded against Macc. 

5966f28d0976db1a008b4d68-750-407.jpg

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I do think the  CEO observed a Head Coach having opinion differences with the GM and the GM looking weak and the coach looking strong.

Weird then that the dust cleared with nothing for him to be accountable for. Strong would have done something about something. As opposed to, you know, hiding from the cameras in the draft room like a big fat baby. Gase getting Maccagnan fired without actually trying to is literally the worst possible scenario here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Ehh who cares if he’s likeable or has any redeeming qualities other than helping us win. Brady left his pregnant gf for another broad. Ray Lewis killed a dude. Both faces of the NFL. So long as Gase helps win games I’m fine. If he does, he’s labeled a curmudgeon like Belichik, if he loses games he’s just another failure ??‍♂️

Bingo people here revere Bill Parcells and he is a noted POS. If he wins fans won't care if  he's Jeffrey Dahmer - Of course you wouldn't want to have lunch with him though. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah, feels this way doesnt it? The move away from the cameras (if true) in the war room was a squid move. He hasnt stepped up at all here since the Maccagnan firing and has just played the "who me?' card. Can we get a leader anywhere here please.

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Weird then that the dust cleared with nothing for him to be accountable for. Strong would have done something about something. As opposed to, you know, hiding from the cameras in the draft room like a big fat baby. Gase getting Maccagnan fired without actually trying to is literally the worst possible scenario here.

Strong and perception of strong are two different things.  I've known a lot of people who were 'strong' in the office with co workers but not so much when not in the environ.

I also see the Johnsons, and Chris in particular being naive and easy to sway.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

I just want everyone to know that I did win a power struggle with MacCagnan and now I am manager of Dunkin Donuts Store #2817291029

FIXED: I just want everyone to know that I did lose a power struggle with Gase and now I am manager of Dunkin Donuts Store #2817291029

I think CJ saw that Gase was unhappy with Macc and realized one of them had to go. Hopefully, when Macc's replacement is hired, we'll have a GM and HC on the same page about what a championship caliber team should look like. Gase might have been upset that we drafter yet ANOTHER DLman in the first round. Yes, everyone is saying Quinen Williams was the best player in the draft. You know what? THey said the same thing about Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, etc. 

Gase might have been upset with the Bell signing. Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting like hell for Bell to have an oustanding year, but the risk is that Bell becomes an expensive headache who only plays half-ass because he knows he's got alot of guaranteed money - just like Muhammed Wilkerson, Trumaine Johnson, Darrelle Revis, etc. etc etc. The risk is the same with CJ Mosely. 

4 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

I think CJ saw that Gase was unhappy with Macc and realized one of them had to go. Hopefully, when Macc's replacement is hired, we'll have a GM and HC on the same page about what a championship caliber team should look like. Gase might have been upset that we drafter yet ANOTHER DLman in the first round. Yes, everyone is saying Quinen Williams was the best player in the draft. You know what? THey said the same thing about Sheldon Richardson, Leonard Williams, etc. 

Gase might have been upset with the Bell signing. Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting like hell for Bell to have an oustanding year, but the risk is that Bell becomes an expensive headache who only plays half-ass because he knows he's got alot of guaranteed money - just like Muhammed Wilkerson, Trumaine Johnson, Darrelle Revis, etc. etc etc. The risk is the same with CJ Mosely. 

I wanted nothing to do with Bell for the exact reason you laid out. 

Mosely to me seems like a different type of guy. Is he worth the contract? No chance in hell, but at the very least I think he will put in an effort.

Gase did not grab power from Mac. 

He say that Mac was incompetent, had Chris fire him and now Chris is looking for a replacement.  

Gase is looking for a GM that works with the coach to build the coaches team, unlike the parallel universe that Mac was running.  

It all makes complete sense to me.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiF said:

Bellechick is likeable?