Gase Speaks

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Strong and perception of strong are two different things.  I've known a lot of people who were 'strong' in the office with co workers but not so much when not in the environ.

I also see the Johnsons, and Chris in particular being naive and easy to sway.

Yeah. I'm assuming it was the big baby thing, only on purpose.

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I do not think he went to the CEO and said "This GM sucks he needs to go."

I do think the  CEO observed a Head Coach having opinion differences with the GM and the GM looking weak and the coach looking strong.

Yeah, when he moved his chair out of the camera view that had to be seen as a major power move. CJ knew right then and there that this was the guy to turn the Jets around. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Yeah, when he moved his chair out of the camera view that had to be seen as a major power move. CJ knew right then and there that this was the guy to turn the Jets around. 

If you go to the doctor and want to get drugs, the last thing you do is ask for drugs. And Chris Johnson is no doctor. 

3 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If you go to the doctor and want to get drugs, the last thing you do is ask for drugs. And Chris Johnson is no doctor. 

Seems all you hav to do is pout and move your chair and the job is done. The fact that we didn't let the young guys have their intro press conference is a bit off putting as well. 

4 hours ago, jack48 said:

like BB, then?  Likeable?  LIke Marty Schittinheimer or Greg williams, then?  Like Mangini?  Like et al.........

4 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Ehh who cares if he’s likeable or has any redeeming qualities other than helping us win. Brady left his pregnant gf for another broad. Ray Lewis killed a dude. Both faces of the NFL. So long as Gase helps win games I’m fine. If he does, he’s labeled a curmudgeon like Belichik, if he loses games he’s just another failure ??‍♂️

50 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Bellechick is likeable?

BB is an unlikeable a$$hole and successful, therefore, Gase will be too.

56 minutes ago, varjet said:

Gase did not grab power from Mac. 

He saw that Mac was incompetent, had Chris fire him and now Chris is looking for a replacement.  

Gase is looking for a GM that works with the coach to build the coaches team, unlike the parallel universe that Mac was running.  

It all makes complete sense to me.  

This is probably the closest thing to the truth in this thread.  At least if true then this time we'll have a GM who is partial to giving an offensive minded HC his wonts.   I don't see any downside here, yet.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah, feels this way doesnt it? The move away from the cameras (if true) in the war room was a squid move. He hasnt stepped up at all here since the Maccagnan firing and has just played the "who me?' card. Can we get a leader anywhere here please.

He's a childish coward and the furthest thing from a leader.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

lol - if this was somewhat of a legitimate organization, they'd get him as far away from the media and a reporter as possible.  Every word out of his mouth is a lie and he literally has zero redeeming qualities.  He legit seems like one of the most miserable people on earth who it would be a nightmare to be around. 

If the Jets had a clue, they'd release some life style video of the guy just being normal and stuff.  Start making him appear likeable.  Because right now, he's anything but likeable.  

Put googly eyes on him to cover up his actual eyes.  That'll do the trick. 

If you spend two years watching Macc and Bowles operate, having no other example to draw from, you’d only have experience with two very passive and quiet individuals who are indecisive and weak minded. That would be your baseline. Replace one of those two with a very motivated, very outspoken, and very aggressive person with a clear vision of what he feels he needs to succeed and now you have a new baseline to go by. That new baseline makes the other passive, weak minded person stick out like a sore thumb.

This is what I think happened with CJ. He inherited a team with no personal experience of football operations, misguidedly trusted that Macc and Bowles were competent and an example of the way things work in the NFL. Once he fired Bowles and saw Gase’s drive and determination towards his vision it made Macc’s weakness stick out like a sore thumb. In hindsight I think CJ knows now he should have fired Macc as well. Better late than never.

Absolutely nothing bad has happened since firing Macc. He traded Lee for value, where for all intents and purposes Lee has no value. He cut a fat lazy player with terrible work ethic, and he brought in a punter for camp competition. If he trades Leo for a 2nd rounder he’ll truly be my hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, JiF said:

you seem to want him to be likeable.  that is fine.  I don't.  he might wear thin on people eventually. ut to hate him right off the bat is not fair.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Don’t be a brat. No one said that. Simply, his likeability is 28th on the list of important attributes. As always, we win, everyone looks great. It’s all tied to Sam. You know this. No good waves this week or something? 

4 hours ago, jack48 said:

you seem to want him to be likeable.  that is fine.  I don't.  he might wear thin on people eventually. ut to hate him right off the bat is not fair.

That’s why he got fired in Miami.

3 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Don’t be a brat. No one said that. Simply, his likeability is 28th on the list of important attributes. As always, we win, everyone looks great. It’s all tied to Sam. You know this. No good waves this week or something? 

I was specifically talking about him playing GM and making publc appearances but you guys went the BB is an a$$hole but wins route.  

Maybe “likeable” wasn’t the right word.  How about make him appear as if he’s not a lunatic pathological liar?  Does that work better for you, honey?

38 minutes ago, JiF said:

I was specifically talking about him playing GM and making publc appearances but you guys went the BB is an a$$hole but wins route.  

Maybe “likeable” wasn’t the right word.  How about make him appear as if he’s not a lunatic pathological liar?  Does that work better for you, honey?

Marginally. I like my coach to have some lunatic pathological liar in him. But that’s more of a me thing. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

he does not appear that way to me.  And I am not swayed by Miami reporters.

46 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Marginally. I like my coach to have some lunatic pathological liar in him. But that’s more of a me thing. 

Gase is way more passive-aggressive and preoccupied with covering his ass than you typically want to see in pathological lunatics. The spectrumy Frank Underwood routine plays like a stickup kid trying to pull off some ultrasophisticated securities scam.

18 hours ago, JiF said:

lol - if this was somewhat of a legitimate organization, they'd get him as far away from the media and a reporter as possible.  Every word out of his mouth is a lie and he literally has zero redeeming qualities.  He legit seems like one of the most miserable people on earth who it would be a nightmare to be around.

If the Jets had a clue, they'd release some life style video of the guy just being normal and stuff.  Start making him appear likeable.  Because right now, he's anything but likeable. 

For all of Mac's and Bowles' "likeableness", look at what the results were.

F "likeable".  I'm fine with our little Napoleon for the moment.  It's better than enduring another moment of a completely indecisive front office with no moxie, vision, plan or emotion.  I'll take this over that any day and twice on Sunday.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I'm taking a "the darkest hour is just before the morning light" approach.  

Having Gase here has, for better or worse, exposed to the rest of the world the level of indecisive ineptitude that Chris johnson brings to the table.  People may say that Gase sniffed out Mac's ineptitude within days and went to work to rid himself of him, but I think it was more that he astonished by Chris Johnson's vulnerability along with Johnson's lack of football knowledge, experience or command. Gase realized that EVERYONE in the building... not just Mac, but the rest of Mac's scouts and staff, any remnants of Bowles and tops on the list: Chris Johnson, were idiots and realized it wouldn't take a lot to win the whole thing.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Having Gase here has, for better or worse, exposed to the rest of the world the level of indecisive ineptitude that Chris johnson brings to the table.  People may say that Gase sniffed out Mac's ineptitude within days and went to work to rid himself of him, but I think it was more that he astonished by Chris Johnson's vulnerability along with Johnson's lack of football knowledge, experience or command. Gase realized that EVERYONE in the building... not just Mac, but the rest of Mac's scouts and staff, any remnants of Bowles and tops on the list: Chris Johnson, were idiots and realized it wouldn't take a lot to win the whole thing.

Agree MM and TB surrounded themselves with bigger morons than they were. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I'll take "pathological liar" for $1,000 Alex.  If your 1st impressions prove to be true, then he'll be gone in short time.  I'm fine with him fumigating the place first... ridding it of planless, visionless, indecisive boobs who rarely brought in camp competetion and were incompetent in virtually all personnel decisions.  Good riddance to that!  If it turns out the little Napoleon must go too, well we shall see how soon that happens.

• Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Gase is way more passive-aggressive and preoccupied with covering his ass than you typically want to see in pathological lunatics. The spectrumy Frank Underwood routine plays like a stickup kid trying to pull off some ultrasophisticated securities scam.

100%. The CYA stuff is dysfunctional toxic cancer. Nothing genius about it.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll take "pathological liar" for $1,000 Alex.  If your 1st impressions prove to be true, then he'll be gone in short time.  I'm fine with him fumigating the place first... ridding it of planless, visionless, indecisive boobs who rarely brought in camp competetion and were incompetent in virtually all personnel decisions.  Good riddance to that!  If it turns out the little Napoleon must go too, well we shall see how soon that happens.

I’m fine with it too.  I’ve stated before maybe he is the type of crazy to right the ship.  I just don’t see how anyone would want to work with or play for him.  All good though.  Bad use of a word

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

100%. The CYA stuff is dysfunctional toxic cancer. Nothing genius about it.

This is what I was referring too when I said likeable.  Who wants to work with someone or trust a liar who will roll you over at any time? 

48 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm actually not far from similar thinking.  My hope here is that Gase is competent and just wasn't going to putz around wasting what could very well be his last HC opportunity. Identifying Macc and his staff as incompetents immediately and not being willing to play around. I can try to get behind that. 

The problem is that Gase's track record would insinuate otherwise. We essentially have to create this potential and more hopeful reality from thin air and place it neatly over what we are seeing. It's possible and I am really rooting for that to be the case, but Gase's long history of issues with his own staff, ownership and players paints a different picture. What is more likely is that this guy is a loose cannon who is trying very hard to make the Jets in his image as best he can.  I don't love the idea of that. 

The good news is that something needed to happen. Even though, I would argue that this was Macc's strongest offseason, the draft was very frustrating to me and I was deep into that $hit as you know. Learning the truth of Macc's mindset toward OL is just gross and we would have struggled to get our F QB in the best position to succeed with that thinking behind it all. I'm not unhappy Macc is gone even though Ive been one of the more vocal proponents of retaining him this offseason.  The argument is that something needed to change and maybe crazy eyes McGee was the only way it was really gonna happen. I'll buy that.  But the sooner we can get this lunatic away from the personnel management side and back on the field the better IMO. 

• Upvote 1