Pres/GM idea, new guy first post, be nice.

hi all

first a formal intro.  veteran NYJ fan. i did witness the heidi bowl and sb3.

i've lurked and liked on JN for some time, and i do think i know a few folks here from nyjetschat.  

never have posted as there's just so much content here already.

so i've searched thru a bunch of the GM stuff but yet to see this scenario:

Polian Pres/ Peyton GM

peytons old boss, and presumably friend and mentor, could ease him in as  eventual successor and upgrade the whole shebang instantly.

i assume this means kicking out a few long standing bureaucrats to clean up the org chart.

if i missed this idea getting flamed elsewhere apologies.

cheers , john.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Polian will never work again. That’s why it hasn’t been mentioned. I think we’re overthinking this tbh.

ok . i just thought it could be a relatively easy gig for him and help out a (presumed) friend learn to admin.

Bill Polian is 76 and has been out of the NFL loop for eight years. No thanks. 

I want a GM who will breath, eat and sleep GMing the NY Jets. Peyton Manning is an entrepreneur who’s busy running a pizza chain, football camps, sponsorship deals and God knows what else. You can’t watch an hour of TV without seeing him in a commercial. Again, no thanks. 

What is nyjetchat?

• Post of the Week 2

Hi John, 

Respect your background.  Long suffering Jet fan.  You qualify.

As for your idea, I prefer the Eagles Assistant, or some other viable presently involved youngish seasoned personnel type.  Don't expect niceness, unless you're a female  or young, which you most assuredly are not.  You won't find it here.  What you will find is sarcasm and somewhat informed opinions.  That should be enough.

And never apologize.  That will only be met with derision and jokes made at your expense.  Since you've obviously been a Jet fan for some time, I am sure your skin is plenty thick enough to handle it.  Welcome, and good luck.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Hi John, 

As for your idea, I prefer the Eagles Assistant, or some other viable presently involved youngish seasoned personnel type.  Don't expect niceness, unless you're a female  or young, which you most assuredly are not.  You won't find it here.  What you will find is sarcasm and somewhat informed opinions.  That should be enough.

And never apologize.  That will only be met with derision and jokes made at your expense.  Since you've obviously been a Jet fan for some time, I am sure your skin is plenty thick enough to handle it.  Welcome, and good luck.

all good. i'm neither and its gone sideways pretty much as i imagined.

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, jago said:

hi all

first a formal intro.  veteran NYJ fan. i did witness the heidi bowl and sb3.

i've lurked and liked on JN for some time, and i do think i know a few folks here from nyjetschat.  

never have posted as there's just so much content here already.

so i've searched thru a bunch of the GM stuff but yet to see this scenario:

Polian Pres/ Peyton GM

peytons old boss, and presumably friend and mentor, could ease him in as  eventual successor and upgrade the whole shebang instantly.

i assume this means kicking out a few long standing bureaucrats to clean up the org chart.

if i missed this idea getting flamed elsewhere apologies.

cheers , john.

sup, Jago.

32 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Hi John, 

Watch out for this guy, @jago[-X

• Haha 2

There will be no president or director of football operations as that would then render Chris Johnson or woody unimportant  in their eyes.  Right now CJ just like woody was, has himself positioned right in the middle of everything.  He loves this spot.  He's a big shot in this position.  Everyone reports to him.  Add a president who Gase and the new GM report to and all CJ gets is the abbreviated condensed version of what the president feels like telling him.  The brothers Johnson are more concerned about feeling important and playing with their $2 billion dollar toy than they are in setting themselves up for continued success. 

40 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

We are still trying to contact Mark, hope all is well for all of Jetschat posters

and him. As far as GM, Manning will never accept the lowly GM job, a small piece of ownership

might corral him

hey henry good to see you here. wish him well if you do.

42 minutes ago, Jetpain said:

There will be no president or director of football operations as that would then render Chris Johnson or woody unimportant  in their eyes.  Right now CJ just like woody was, has himself positioned right in the middle of everything.  He loves this spot.  He's a big shot in this position.  Everyone reports to him.  Add a president who Gase and the new GM report to and all CJ gets is the abbreviated condensed version of what the president feels like telling him.  The brothers Johnson are more concerned about feeling important and playing with their $2 billion dollar toy than they are in setting themselves up for continued success. 

i suspect you're spot on.

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Bill Polian is 76 and has been out of the NFL loop for eight years. No thanks. 

I want a GM who will breath, eat and sleep GMing the NY Jets. Peyton Manning is an entrepreneur who’s busy running a pizza chain, football camps, sponsorship deals and God knows what else. You can’t watch an hour of TV without seeing him in a commercial. Again, no thanks. 

What is nyjetchat?

I had no idea Polian is that old.

3 hours ago, mudcat22 said:

I joined here years ago but mostly posted at JetChat.  I couldn't remember my login and password so I just started a new account.

If you want me to reset the other one just let me know. Thanks.