Updated Mike Maccagnan Draft History

Mac-Getty-Images.jpg

This Mike Maccagnan draft history was posted in our forums by Jetsfan80 and I felt it was worth sharing. As we know the # of players that are already gone is a huge cause for concern. The commentary from Jetsfan80 is interesting and will give you a chuckle or two. Here is the full thread with comments from NY Jets fans.

Updated Mike Maccagnan Draft History

• 1.6:  Leonard Williams  —  Likely to be let go as UFA after 2019
  • 2.37:  Devin Smith —  Out of NFL after 2016
  • 3.82:  Lorenzo Mauldin  — Out of NFL after 2016
  • 4.103:  Bryce Petty  —  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 5.152:  G Jarvis Harrison  —  Out of NFL after 2015
  • 7.223:  NT Deon Simon  —  Out of NFL after 2016

• 1.20:  Darron Lee  — Traded for 6th round pick in 2019 offseason
  • 2.51:  Christian Hackenberg  —  Worst draft pick in Jets history; Out of NFL after 2016
  • 3.83:  Jordan Jenkins
  • 4.118:  CB Juston Burris  —  Cut by Jets in 2017, cut by Bucs in ’18; currently buried deep on Browns depth chart
  • 5.158:  OT Brandon Shell  —  # 56 OT in 2018 per PFF
  • 7.235:  P Lac Edwards 
  • 7.241:  WR/ST Charone Peake

• 1.6:  Jamal Adams  —  Box Safety taken ahead of Watson/Mahomes
  • 2.39:  Marcus Maye  —  Why?
  • 3.79:  ArDarius Stewart  —  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 4.141:  Chad Hansen  —  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 5.150:  Jordan Leggett  —  Fat, lazy; Cut by Jets in 2019
  • 5.181:  Dylan Donahue  —  Drove wrong way thru Lincoln Tunnel; Out of NFL after 2017
  • 6.188:  Elijah McGuire
  • 6.197:  DB Jeremy Clark  —  Currently # 9 Safety on depth chart
  • 6.204:  CB Derrick Jones

• 1.3:  Sam Darnold  —  Savior; Credit for selection to Heimerdinger, Dave Gettleman
  • 3.72:  Nathan Shepherd  —  32 year old project DT at crowded position
  • 4.107:  Chris Herndon  —  Macc’s best draft pick
  • 6.178:  Parry Nickerson
  • 6.180:  Folorunso Fatukaski  — 5th DT drafted by Macc in 4-year period
  • 6.204:  Trenton Cannon

• 1.3:  Quinnen Williams  —  6th DT drafted by Macc in 5-year period
  • 3.68:  Jachai Polite
  • 3.92:  Chuma Edoga  —  Only OL taken in first 4 rounds in Macc era; only OL who will be on roster by 2021
  • 4.121:  Trevon Wesco
  • 5.157:  Blake Cashman  —  Darron Lee replacement
  • 6.196:  Blessuan Austin  —  Multiple bad knees

The post Updated Mike Maccagnan Draft History appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
ssVB0i1EOFw

Click here to read the full story...

• Haha 1

I get that you hate Macc and like to believe every single draft pick he made was either bad or didn't address the position you wanted him to address or has a history of injury...literally going as far as to criticize the QW pick b/c its the 6th DT taken in the past 5 years. 

I mean, it's fine. This is your thread and it can be a Macc sucks thread. But couldn't you just do an even keel write up, without bashing every pick. Let's start with Leo. Can you give Macc SOME credit for AT LEAST taking a Pro Bowl caliber player who has stayed healthy, remained a starter and made an impact (even if not the type of impact we were all expecting)? You have NO IDEA whether Leo will be a Jet for the next 5 years or if he will be traded tomorrow. If he has a monster year he will definitely be tagged, if he pairs well with QW and Henry Anderson has an off year or has a bad injury they will probably try to resign Leo long term. Just start with Leo and don't prognosticate.

Brandon Shell- instead of labeling him as #56 on PFF can you just say he is the starting RT? I mean seriously.

Jamal Adams- 'box safety taken ahead of Watson/Mahomes'. REALLY? That's how you define the player Jamal Adams is?? I gues you don't know much about football or don't watch the Jets play. You make it sound like he is a poor man's Antonio Allen (b/c at least Antonio Allen could play a little bit of CB). Again, it suggests to me you don;t know much about football. 

Macc gets ZERO credit for Darnold? He f**king made the trade that allowed the Jets to get him! 

Every single comment on a pick is skewed towards how awful it was and/or how awful Macc is.

You sound like a hack with another dumb Macc sucks thread. You really do. A hack. Like Hackenberg playing the QB position. You have no business doing it. 

• WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Every single comment on a pick is skewed towards how awful it was. You sound like a hack with another dumb Macc sucks thread. 

Because every pick outside of Darnold, Herndon and Lac Edwards ranged from awful to meh.

Most people laughed at the first post.  You went in a different direction.  It's cool. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because every pick outside of Darnold, Herndon and Lac Edwards ranged from awful to meh.

Most people laughed at the first post.  You went in a different direction.  It's cool. 

It's not funny cuz at this point its lame. The amount of posts about how bad Maccs selections were is probably in the thousands. And none of them depict an accurate representation of the players he selected or why he may have done so. Why start another thread AGAIN mis-representing the players? It's lame and it makes you sound like a hack.

So I thought someone should say- hey, this s**t is lame and it makes you sound like a hack and if you are at all serious, it makes you sound like you don't know much about football.  

• WTF? 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• 1.3:  Quinnen Williams  --  6th DT drafted by Macc in 5-year period
  • 3.92:  Chuma Edoga  --  Only OL taken in first 4 rounds in Macc era; only OL who will be on roster by 2021
  • 5.157:  Blake Cashman  --  Darron Lee replacement
  • 6.196:  Blessuan Austin  --  Multiple bad knees

That statistic is sickening. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, PepPep said:

It's not funny cuz at this point its lame. The amount of posts about how bad Maccs selections were is probably in the thousands. And none of them depict an accurate representation of the players he selected or why he may have done so. Why start another thread AGAIN mis-representing the players? It's lame and it makes you sound like a hack.

So I thought someone should say- hey, this s**t is lame and it makes you sound like a hack and if you are at all serious, it makes you sound like you don't know much about football.   

The lady doth protest too much.

It's May 21 and there's nothing going on.  Some people found it funny.  You didn't.  It's cool.  Go find another thread.  Or start a thread more "accurately" depicting the players he selected and why he may have done so if you'd like.  The best way to counter a bad thread is to make a better one, not whine about it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1.6:  Leonard Williams  --  Likely to be let go as UFA after 2019
  • 2.37:  Devin Smith --  Out of NFL after 2016
  • 3.82:  Lorenzo Mauldin  -- Out of NFL after 2016
  • 4.103:  Bryce Petty  --  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 5.152:  G Jarvis Harrison  --  Out of NFL after 2015
  • 7.223:  NT Deon Simon  --  Out of NFL after 2016

• 1.20:  Darron Lee  -- Traded for 6th round pick in 2019 offseason
  • 2.51:  Christian Hackenberg  --  Worst draft pick in Jets history; Out of NFL after 2016
  • 3.83:  Jordan Jenkins
  • 4.118:  CB Juston Burris  --  Cut by Jets in 2017, cut by Bucs in '18; currently buried deep on Browns depth chart
  • 5.158:  OT Brandon Shell  --  # 56 OT in 2018 per PFF
  • 7.235:  P Lac Edwards 
  • 7.241:  WR/ST Charone Peake

• 1.6:  Jamal Adams  --  Box Safety taken ahead of Watson/Mahomes
  • 2.39:  Marcus Maye  --  Why?
  • 3.79:  ArDarius Stewart  --  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 4.141:  Chad Hansen  --  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 5.150:  Jordan Leggett  --  Fat, lazy; Cut by Jets in 2019
  • 5.181:  Dylan Donahue  --  Drove wrong way thru Lincoln Tunnel; Out of NFL after 2017
  • 6.188:  Elijah McGuire
  • 6.197:  DB Jeremy Clark  --  Currently # 9 Safety on depth chart
  • 6.204:  CB Derrick Jones

• 1.3:  Sam Darnold  --  Savior; Credit for selection to Heimerdinger, Dave Gettleman
  • 3.72:  Nathan Shepherd  --  32 year old project DT at crowded position
  • 4.107:  Chris Herndon  --  Macc's best draft pick
  • 6.178:  Parry Nickerson
  • 6.180:  Folorunso Fatukaski  -- 5th DT drafted by Macc in 4-year period
  • 6.204:  Trenton Cannon

• 1.3:  Quinnen Williams  --  6th DT drafted by Macc in 5-year period
  • 3.92:  Chuma Edoga  --  Only OL taken in first 4 rounds in Macc era; only OL who will be on roster by 2021
  • 5.157:  Blake Cashman  --  Darron Lee replacement
  • 6.196:  Blessuan Austin  --  Multiple bad knees

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The lady doth protest too much.

It's May 21 and there's nothing going on.  Some people found it funny.  You didn't.  It's cool.  Go find another thread.  Or start a thread more "accurately" depicting the players he selected and why he may have done so if you'd like.  The best way to counter a bad thread is to make a better one, not whine about it. 

Also, made the main page b*tch.  LOL!

https://www.jetnation.com/

6 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Yeah but Derrick Jones is a #2 CB and Jeremy Clarke is going to flourish at Safety, so Macc has done some good things....right @#27TheDominator

Clark is buried on the depth chart.  Jones is CB2 because his current competition on the outside are slot corner Parry Nickerson, UDFA's John Battle and Kyron Brown, 2x cut Arthur Maulet (Saints, Colts), Tevaughn Campbell (no info found) and no-knees Blessuan Austin.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clark is buried on the depth chart.  Jones is CB2 because his current competition on the outside are slot corner Parry Nickerson, UDFA's John Battle and Kyron Brown, 2x cut Arthur Maulet (Saints, Colts), Tevaughn Campbell (no info found) and no-knees Blessuan Austin.

Battle is a safety and Campbell is Canadian. CB2 is gonna be Roberts again if they don't just play Poole there when he's not in the slot.

Just to satisfy my own curiosity, here's the Giants since 2015:

(2015-17:  Jerry Reese; 2018-present:  Dave Gettleman)

• 1.9:  OT Ereck Flowers  --  Cut by NYG in 2018, signed by Jaguars; signed as UFA by Redskins in '19 to 1-year deal
  • 2.33:  S Landon Collins  --  Signed as UFA by Redskins in '19 to 6-year, $84M deal
  • 3.74:  DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa  --  Out of NFL after 2016
  • 5.144:  S Mykkele Thompson  --  Out of NFL after 2016
  • 6.186:  WR/ST Geremy Davis  --  Waived in 2016 by NYG; Signed by Chargers and still on LAC roster
  • 7.226:  G/T Bobby Hart  --  Waived by NYG  in 2018; started all 16 games at RT for CIN in 2018

• 1.10:  CB Eli Apple  --  Traded to NO in 2018 for 2019 4th rounder + 2020 7th rounder
  • 2.40:  WR Sterling Shepard  --  Starting WR2
  • 3.71:  S Darian Thompson  --  Cut in Sep 2018; Signed to AZ Practice Squad, then signed by DAL in Nov '18
  • 4.109:  OLB B.J. Goodson  --  Started 13 games in 2018
  • 5.149:  RB Paul Perkins  --  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 6.184:  WR/TE Jerell Adams  --  Out of NFL after 2017

• 1.23:  TE Evan Engram  --  Starter
  • 2.55:  DT Dalvin Thompson  --  Starter
  • 3.87:  QB Davis Webb  --  Cut in Sep 2018, Signed to Jets PS
  • 4.140:  RB Wayne Gallman  --  Backup RB
  • 5.167:  DE Avery Moss  --  Out of NFL after 2017
  • 6.200:  OT Adam Bisnowaty  --  Out of NFL after 2017

• 1.2:  RB Saquon Barkley  --  Phenom, but not a QB
  • 2.34:  G Will Hernandez  --  Starter
  • 3.66:  DE Lorenzo Carter  --  4 sacks as a rookie
  • 3.69:  DT B.J. Hill  --  12 starts, 5.5 sacks as a rookie
  • 4.108:  QB Kyle Lauletta  --  Backup
  • 5.139:  DT R.J. McIntosh

• 1.6:  QB Daniel Jones  --  Next Hackenberg
  • 1.17:  DT Dexter Lawrence
  • 1.30:  CB Deandre Baker
  • 3.95:  DE Oshane Ximines
  • 4.108:  CB Julian Love
  • 5.143:  LB Ryan Connelly
  • 5.171:  WR Darius Slayton
  • 6.180:  CB Corey Ballentine
  • 7.232:  OT George Asafo-Adjei
  • 7.245:  DT Chris Slayton

Conclusion:  Several busts above, but its no contest.  Jerry Reese/Dave Gettleman did a far better job from 2015-present than Mike Maccagnan.  And Reese was fired during that span whereas Macc kept his job thru 5 drafts.

I would easily take that over the Jets drafts, especally considering the Giants could have drafted Darnold last year if they wanted their QB.

1 hour ago, MasterChiefJets said:

That statistic is sickening. 

Shocking to read it but not surprising considering how our oline looks now. For a team that had it's most recent success a decade ago with a dominant oline, you'd think it's something that would be a priority but I guess that philosophy has been blinded by all these stud DT's the Jets have drafted over the years.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Phil Sullivan is Maxman, the founder of the board.  Show some respect my man.

That's all well and good. But I can't respect someone's football knowledge if they truly believe that this is at all a fair depiction of the players Macc drafted. It's simply not.

It's all good for s**ts and giggles. But its also pretty lame at this point. 

And I'm sure @Maxman would say the same thing- that he doesn't take any of the stuff you wrote seriously.

Would be hard to come on here, founder of the board and all, and argue that Adams is 'just a box safety'.    

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

That's all well and good. But I can't respect someone's football knowledge if they truly believe that this is at all a fair depiction of the players Macc drafted. It's simply not.

It's all good for s**ts and giggles. But its also pretty lame at this point. 

And I'm sure @Maxman would say the same thing- that he doesn't take any of the stuff you wrote seriously.

Would be hard to come on here, founder of the board and all, and argue that Adams is 'just a box safety'.     

For crying out loud its a message board.  I don't care about my "credibility". 

It's the internet dude.  It's not that serious.  You're coming off as easily triggered. 

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For crying out loud its a message board.  I don't care about my "credibility". 

It's the internet dude.  It's not that serious.  You're coming off as easily triggered. 

For the record, I'm not angry or upset at all and I apologize if I seem like it. 

The internet is what you make it. 

I like to come on to the forums to talk about the team, its players, the brass, the games and coaching staff. I like to talk football with other jet fans who want to talk football. Obviously, there will be posts and posters who are just on here to be clowns or comedians, and that's fine. There will be trolls who are Pats or Bills or Dolphin fans, and that is expected. There will be fans who just want to vent- also expected.

Me, I like to talk football and I try to be as even keel as I can when talking about Jet players, brass and coaching. That's just me. 

And I don't think there's enough of that on this forum.  

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Me, I like to talk football and I try to be as even keel as I can when talking about Jet players, brass and coaching. That's just me. 

And I don't think there's enough of that on this forum.   

I'll be very even keeled when the team earns that from me.  For now, we haven't won anything of substance in the two decades of ownership under the Johnson's.  I'm an optimist in my "real life" but the Jets have beaten me down too often to be one here. 

I respect you for doing so but I just can't be positive about this franchise until they do something smart.  Getting Douglas in here as the new GM would be a decent start there.

• Sympathy 1

Mac should have been fired the moment he took back-to-back safeties in rounds 1 & 2.  That's beyond negligence.  That's outright sabotage.
He upgraded two positions that were bad with two decent players one of which is arguably the best in the league at position and the other had some injury problems last year but when healthy (which is more than 50% of his short nfl career) has been solid. Part of the problem is some folks cry over the players we didnt get instead of appeciating what good ones we did. Try being upset about all the whiffs instead of knocking him for drafting the players who are decent?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You might discover that hitting on draft picks is not the only path to winning a superbowl though?

For the Patriots, its not because they have Belichick, Brady, Ernie Adams and cheating. 

For the other 31 teams in the NFL, it absolutely IS the only path to a Super Bowl.  You have to draft well as a starting point, THEN supplement with trades and free agent pickups.  Without the solid drafting, you go nowhere.

19 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

He upgraded two positions that were bad with two decent players one of which is arguably the best in the league at position and the other had some injury problems last year but when healthy (which is more than 50% of his short nfl career) has been solid. Part of the problem is some folks cry over the players we didnt get instead of appeciating what good ones we did. Try being upset about all the whiffs instead of knocking him for drafting the players who are decent?

Because the "good players" we got didn't move the needle for the franchise.  We're 9-23 since drafting Adams and Maye in rounds 1 and 2. 

It's all about opportunity cost.  When you draft in the top 10 in every round for 3 out of 4 drafts, you have to do a lot better than good Safeties and DT's. 

Because the "good players" we got didn't move the needle for the franchise.  We're 9-23 since drafting Adams and Maye in rounds 1 and 2. 
It's all about opportunity cost.  When you draft in the top 10 in every round for 3 out of 4 drafts, you have to do a lot better than good Safeties and DT's. 
You need both offense and defense to win games...the giants kind of went the opposite of what we did and drafted offense fairly heavily and that did not translate to wins. The only team who really has a grasp of what it takes to win consistently is the patriots and that seems to be tied to cheating in some way shape or form.

42 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I'm a believer in positional value, so no.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You need both offense and defense to win games...the giants kind of went the opposite of what we did and drafted offense fairly heavily and that did not translate to wins. The only team who really has a grasp of what it takes to win consistently is the patriots and that seems to be tied to cheating in some way shape or form.

OK, I can see you're not going to concede on this until I put in the work to show how good teams have drafted.  So here you go. 

Chiefs offensive players drafted since 2015:

• QB Pat Mahomes (1st round, # 10)
  • G Mitch Morse (2nd round)
  • WR Mecole Hardman (2nd round)
  • RB Kareem Hunt (3rd round)
  • WR Chris Conley (3rd round)
  • WR Jehu Chesson (4th round)
  • G Parker Ehinger (4th round)
  • WR Demarcus Robinson (4th round)
  • WR Tyreke Hill (5th round)
  • TE James O'Shaugnessy (5th round)
  • QB Kevin Hogan (5th round)
  • WR Tremon Smith (6th round)
  • RB Darwin Thompson (6th round)
  • WR Da'Ron Brown (7th round)
  • G Nick Allegretti (7th round)

% of total picks invested on offense:   42 % (15/36)

% of round 1-4 picks invested on offense:  38 %  (8/21)

% of 1st rounders invested on offense:  50 % (1/2)

Eagles offensive players drafted since 2015:

• QB Carson Wentz (1st round, # 2)
  • WR Nelson Agholor (1st round, # 20)
  • OT Andre Dillard (1st round, # 22)
  • TE Dallas Goedert (2nd round)
  • RB Miles Sanders (2nd round)
  • G Isaac Seumalo (3rd round)
  • WR JJ Arcega-Whiteside (3rd round)
  • WR Mack Hollins (4th round)
  • RB Wendell Smallwood (5th round)
  • OT Halapoulivaata Vaitai (5th round)
  • RB Donnell Pumphrey (5th round)
  • WR Shelton Gibson (5th round)
  • WR Shelton Gibson (5th round)
  • OT Matt Pryor (6th round)
  • OT Jordan Mailata (7th round)
  • QB Clayton Thorson (5th round)

% of total picks invested on offense:   50 % (16/32)

% of round 1-4 picks invested on offense:  47 %  (8/17)

% of 1st rounders invested on offense:   75 % (3/4)

Rams offensive players drafted since 2015:

• QB Jared Goff (1st round, # 1)
  • RB Todd Gurley (1st round, # 10)
  • TE Gerald Everett (2nd round)
  • OT Rob Havenstein (2nd round)
  • WR Cooper Kupp (3rd round)
  • RB Darrell Henderson (3rd round)
  • QB Sean Mannion (3rd round)
  • OT Jamon Brown (3rd round)
  • OT Bobby Evans (3rd round)
  • OT Joseph Noteboom (3rd round)
  • WR Josh Reynolds (4th round)
  • C Brian Allen (4th round)
  • TE Tyler Higbee (4th round)
  • OT Andrew Donnal (4th round)
  • WR Pharoh Cooper (4th round)
  • OT David Edwards (5th round)
  • RB John Kelly (6th round)
  • OT Jamil Demby (6th round)
  • G Cody Wichmann (6th round)
  • TE Temarrick Hemingway (6th round)
  • WR Mike Thomas (6th round)
  • WR Bud Sasser (6th round)
  • FB Sam Rogers (6th round)

% of total picks invested on offense:   55 % (23/42)

% of round 1-4 picks invested on offense:  71 %  (15/21)

% of 1st rounders invested on offense:   100 % (2/2)

Compare that to the Jets' numbers under Macc since 2015:

% of total picks invested on offense:   44 % (15/34)

% of round 1-4 picks invested on offense:  47 %  (9/19)

% of 1st rounders invested on offense:   20 % (1/5)

The investment in the 1st round is the most telling difference.  20 % for the Jets compared to 50 % for the Chiefs, 75 % for the Eagles, and 100 % for the Rams. 

Also, check out the # of offensive linemen drafted for the Eagles, Rams and Jets:

• Eagles:  5 (including one 1st and one 3rd)
  • Rams:  8 (including one in the 2nd and three in the 3rd)
  • Jets:  3 (one in the 3rd)

The Chiefs didn't need to draft OL because theirs was already awesome.  We are not in that category.  Having said that, the Chiefs still took Morse in the 2nd, higher than any OL we took in the Macc era.

On 5/21/2019 at 7:20 AM, PepPep said:

I get that you hate Macc and like to believe every single draft pick he made was either bad or didn't address the position you wanted him to address or has a history of injury...literally going as far as to criticize the QW pick b/c its the 6th DT taken in the past 5 years. 

I mean, it's fine. This is your thread and it can be a Macc sucks thread. But couldn't you just do an even keel write up, without bashing every pick. Let's start with Leo. Can you give Macc SOME credit for AT LEAST taking a Pro Bowl caliber player who has stayed healthy, remained a starter and made an impact (even if not the type of impact we were all expecting)? You have NO IDEA whether Leo will be a Jet for the next 5 years or if he will be traded tomorrow. If he has a monster year he will definitely be tagged, if he pairs well with QW and Henry Anderson has an off year or has a bad injury they will probably try to resign Leo long term. Just start with Leo and don't prognosticate.

Brandon Shell- instead of labeling him as #56 on PFF can you just say he is the starting RT? I mean seriously.

Jamal Adams- 'box safety taken ahead of Watson/Mahomes'. REALLY? That's how you define the player Jamal Adams is?? I gues you don't know much about football or don't watch the Jets play. You make it sound like he is a poor man's Antonio Allen (b/c at least Antonio Allen could play a little bit of CB). Again, it suggests to me you don;t know much about football. 

Macc gets ZERO credit for Darnold? He f**king made the trade that allowed the Jets to get him! 

Every single comment on a pick is skewed towards how awful it was and/or how awful Macc is.

You sound like a hack with another dumb Macc sucks thread. You really do. A hack. Like Hackenberg playing the QB position. You have no business doing it. 

First of all it was supposedly Heimerdinger who has connections with the Indy GM Ballard who negotiated the trade.  It’s now known that besides locking himself in his office and basically “failing to Lead” the Front Office, Maccagnan wasn’t known and was a basic non entity amongst his now NFL GM peers according to Colin Cowherd.  

But most importantly, if the Giants draft Darnold at 2, which it’s now universally thought of that they should have (due to Darnold’s impending greatness), tell me how that trade is looking?  Tell me if 3 #2’s were not blown to smithereens.  Maccagnan’s Options  at that point were limited to Allen (not accurate and most likely will get hurt) or the statue Rosen, he definitely wasn’t going to draft Barkley, it was either “come home with a QB or don’t stop walking”, that’s why he was ready to dump the entire vault on Cousins...TO TRY TO SAVE HIS JOB, virtually EVERYTHING he had done, draft picks, free agent signings...up to that point HAD BUSTED.

In fact when analyzing Maccagnan’s overall record The Laws of Probability go out the window, guy was basically “Bad at Everything”.

No, he doesn’t get credit for Darnold, because not only was the pick pure luck but had Cousins signed the Jets would NOW have that massive albatross hanging around their necks for another 2 years...at best Cousins would lead an 8-8 season...then guess what?  Time to hunt for a Franchise QB in the draft, picking middle of the pack.  What a disaster that would have been.  But Maccagnan could never think that far ahead, because that’s just who he is.  The Cousins move was to save his job, as was a panicked move up in the draft, for most likely Josh Allen.

He’s a pure Idiot, but at least a rich one, he should send gifts to his buddy Casserly every year...about to get FIRED by Houston and then due to Casserly gets upped to a GM’s job, taking advantage of Woody Johnson’s political exploits and not doing due diligence.

• Upvote 1