Gase cleansing stench of this team

The lack of drafted talent on this team is despicable. Aside from Darnold I don’t Think any of the first rounders left are worth the value at where they were taken. You get Leonard Williams production so far from a mid 20 first rounder that’s great. Jamal Adams not worth the 6th pick with 1 more interception that I have. Honestly the best value pick may be Jordan Jenkins. Not a good resume.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 6

This team is going to come in really organized with their hearts on their sleeve and their heads in the playbook. I mean, Gase has really come in here and put his foot on the neck of disaster. Whenever you get a strict guy in here that can discipline and hold people accountable, especially young talented pieces, you can get the most of them. These guys are on major notice and plus you add in an “all-in” L Bell? This guy came here to work, okay? No other way around that. He came here to run the rock hard and our offensive line is improved, should be a big help especially with Gase, again, putting his foot down. In conclusion, that is why I can totally see this team going 6-10.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

In conclusion, that is why I can totally see this team going 6-10.

That is a two win improvement, which is an improvement.

We are going to understand just how bad Mac and Bowles were individually and separately.  1 + 1 = -2 with them.  

You can see how Mac drafted all the players who did not fit on the team-he was drafting for a draft score, not a football team.  

But it will be hard to fix the team at this point.   The Jets will be much better, but will need at least another off season with a real GM to even sniff the playoffs.  There was a lot of wasted time here.   There was just no way Mac was going to turn it around.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

This team is going to come in really organized with their hearts on their sleeve and their heads in the playbook. I mean, Gase has really come in here and put his foot on the neck of disaster. Whenever you get a strict guy in here that can discipline and hold people accountable, especially young talented pieces, you can get the most of them. These guys are on major notice and plus you add in an “all-in” L Bell? This guy came here to work, okay? No other way around that. He came here to run the rock hard and our offensive line is improved, should be a big help especially with Gase, again, putting his foot down. In conclusion, that is why I can totally see this team going 6-10.

Gase is trying to build a culture here.  Something the pats, steelers, giants etc have had.

Scrubs who have attitudes like Lee and Skrine are mericifully gone.  Scrubs who are overrated because of where they were drafted like Leo are on notice

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

LOSING IS UNACCEPTABLE!

(New  head coach and now Lord of Florham park is 23-25)

And those who only can discuss numbers will recite that number over and over again without looking past the number. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Gase has made it very clear your draft status means absolutely nothing to him. Macc protected his picks much too long and I can guarantee you players like Marcus Maye & Leonard Williams have gotten the message. 

Its time to produce & if your not on board your left at the train station. This was long overdue with Bowles & Rogers Herm Edwards like barbecue camp. Gase wants a 53 roster with players ready to go, fighting to play & all in. 

People can bash his record but the truth is your not going to win in this league with a portion of your roster dragging on the bottom. So do you want to keep losing with lazy players or want a guy at the top that free agents look to & understand immediately your not going to be allowed on autopilot. I think this is the issue he has with Le'veon Bell. He has no idea yet if this guy really wants to be the best ever or cash in with a notoriously losing organization & ride off in the sunset with his millions with little effort. 

What Bell brings to this team starting in the opener will have a lot to do with Sams success. If we get an all in Le'veon, wow. Gase has everyone on notice under his watch he expects focus & attention to collect your check. 

Its been a long time coming here. Losing is accepted way to easily here. 

Fair enough. I'm all for it. 

But seriously, a few questions here...

1. If your draft status doesn't matter, does that mean the expectations are not equivalent with your draft status? For example. Gase can expect Leo to go 'all out' and never take a play off. But is it fair to expect him to produce X amount of sacks or be in the Pro Bowl just b/c he was a top 10 draft pick? Or are we talking straight up paycheck. In which case, Tru must REALLY be on thin ice with Gase while Shell, QW and Polite will get much more of a pass...Do you see it that way? 

2. What about injury? Marcus Maye is a great example. Dude BALLED OUT his rookie year but missed 10 games last year. Is HE on thin ice now? Not getting a fat paycheck, but if he gets hurt again this year, do you cut him? 

3. Seems to me like Bell has always shown that when he believes he is getting fairly paid he plays ALL OUT and put up the numbers. Everything he has said so far suggests that he just wants to WIN, doesn't even care about stats. Seems like THAT is the kind of guy you want to PAY. However, Gase thought he was getting too fat of a contract (from what I read) and it's not that he didn't like him, its that he preferred T.Coleman. So is it a bit of everything? Or is it that Gase for some reason, without seeing him in camp or a single game this year, simply doesn't like Bell?     

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Fair enough. I'm all for it. 

But seriously, a few questions here...

1. If your draft status doesn't matter, does that mean the expectations are not equivalent with your draft status? For example. Gase can expect Leo to go 'all out' and never take a play off. But is it fair to expect him to produce X amount of sacks or be in the Pro Bowl just b/c he was a top 10 draft pick? Or are we talking straight up paycheck. In which case, Tru must REALLY be on thin ice with Gase while Shell, QW and Polite will get much more of a pass...Do you see it that way? 

2. What about injury? Marcus Maye is a great example. Dude BALLED OUT his rookie year but missed 10 games last year. Is HE on thin ice now? Not getting a fat paycheck, but if he gets hurt again this year, do you cut him? 

3. Seems to me like Bell has always shown that when he believes he is getting fairly paid he plays ALL OUT and put up the numbers. Everything he has said so far suggests that he just wants to WIN, doesn't even care about stats. Seems like THAT is the kind of guy you want to PAY. However, Gase thought he was getting too fat of a contract (from what I read) and it's not that he didn't like him, its that he preferred T.Coleman. So is it a bit of everything? Or is it that Gase for some reason, without seeing him in camp or a single game this year, simply doesn't like Bell?     

If Leo wants a new contract with the Jets he needs to ball out. No more getting these HUGE CONTRACTS because you just happen to be one of the Jets better draft picks out of a slew of sh*tty draft picks. 

What good is Marcus Maye on the sideline? About as good as Milliner. 

12 hours ago, Jetster said:

Gase has made it very clear your draft status means absolutely nothing to him. Macc protected his picks much too long and I can guarantee you players like Marcus Maye & Leonard Williams have gotten the message. 

Its time to produce & if your not on board your left at the train station. This was long overdue with Bowles & Rogers Herm Edwards like barbecue camp. Gase wants a 53 roster with players ready to go, fighting to play & all in. 

People can bash his record but the truth is your not going to win in this league with a portion of your roster dragging on the bottom. So do you want to keep losing with lazy players or want a guy at the top that free agents look to & understand immediately your not going to be allowed on autopilot. I think this is the issue he has with Le'veon Bell. He has no idea yet if this guy really wants to be the best ever or cash in with a notoriously losing organization & ride off in the sunset with his millions with little effort. 

What Bell brings to this team starting in the opener will have a lot to do with Sams success. If we get an all in Le'veon, wow. Gase has everyone on notice under his watch he expects focus & attention to collect your check. 

Its been a long time coming here. Losing is accepted way to easily here. 

maybe the winning attitude is why chris johnson launched mac.  i get the feeling there was no sense of urgency in mac's plan or demeanor.  you can only sit back, watch, and drink coffee for so long.  at some point you gotta issue some challenges.

Or he’s a control freak that doesn’t like people backtalking. Miami fans hated him for this reason and you’re seeing it happening first hand. You’ll hate him when he dumps all of the talent on this team cause they weren’t “his” players. Just wait. This will go down in flames holaroously

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JiF said:

Remove one stench while creating another! 

if that's what it takes.  The next one will be easier if needed.  And if needed, I hope it gets done swiftly.  But until then, the fresh stench is way better than the Same Ol' Stench.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Or he’s a control freak that doesn’t like people backtalking. Miami fans hated him for this reason and you’re seeing it happening first hand. You’ll hate him when he dumps all of the talent on this team cause they weren’t “his” players. Just wait. This will go down in flames holaroously

better that happen sooner than another 4 - 7 year long drawn out repeated failures. 

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Did anyone on this site watch the Dolphins over the last three years???  Except when they played the Jets, they stunk!  Foot on the neck of disaster???  Unless he's a freak, that would be anatomically impossible.  Doubt his feet could reach his own neck.

I'm feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.  I'm expecting Rod Serling to appear and say..."Welcome.  You've entered another dimension.  A dimension of sight, sound and mind.  It's a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of the imagination and whose only way out, is by firing Adam Gase".

• Upvote 1

Hopefully Gase can clean the stench out of the season ticket holders and ticket brokers who sell season tickets to opposing teams fans. 

It would be so great to see a full house of diehard NY Jets fans there every home game like it used to be pre-PSL's.