Gase cleansing stench of this team

18 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Or he’s a control freak that doesn’t like people backtalking. Miami fans hated him for this reason and you’re seeing it happening first hand. You’ll hate him when he dumps all of the talent on this team cause they weren’t “his” players. Just wait. This will go down in flames holaroously

All true.

Its really funny reading all the posts on this board about Gase and his "winning culture."

The guy was run out of Miami, and Jets fans thought he was a clown. But now he's our clown, so he's suddenly got just the right attitude to turn us around. Excuse me if I'm not yet ready to buy into the guy who said "he didn't want to buy into rebuilding the Dolphins" being the guy who's going to rebuild the Jets.

I'll also hold off on the Joe Douglas fervor for now. You know, the guy nobody here ever heard of before last week. But now he's the "perfect hire" as our new GM. Hey, he worked for the Eagles and he's Gase's buddy. What could be better then that? Call me crazy, but how many of you would've thought back in January that the best way for the Jets to go about this would be to hire the Miami HC first, then let him be the one to pick the GM?

Now maybe, just maybe, in the world of NYJ football this might end up well, but I'm going to wait and see. I'll let @Jetster and a few others wave the pom poms for now. Meanwhile I'm going to check in on the "Macc and Bowles hired" threads from a few years back. I've got a feeling they're going to be very similar to what I'm reading here lately about Douglas the football guy, and the new HC who's going to shake things up. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Its really funny reading all the posts on this board about Gase and his "winning culture."

The guy was run out of Miami, and Jets fans thought he was a clown. But now he's our clown, so he's suddenly got just the right attitude to turn us around. Excuse me if I'm not yet ready to buy into the guy who said "he didn't want to buy into rebuilding the Dolphins" being the guy who's going to rebuild the Jets.

I'll also hold off on the Joe Douglas fervor for now. You know, the guy nobody here ever heard of before last week. But now he's the "perfect hire" as our new GM. Hey, he worked for the Eagles and he's Gase's buddy. What could be better then that? Call me crazy, but how many of you would've thought back in January that the best way for the Jets to go about this would be to hire the HC first, then let him be the one to pick the GM?

Now maybe, just maybe, in the world of NYJ football this might end up well, but I'm going to wait and see. I'll let @Jetster and a few others wave the pom poms. Meanwhile I'm going to chck in on the "Macc and Bowles hired" threads from a few years back. I've got a feeling they're going to be very similar to what I'm reading here lately about Douglas the football guy, and the new HC who's going to shake things up, LOL. 

Gase might do well with our offense even though is miami offense sucked but as I said in another thread, this seems like Rex to Buffalo.

We will find out very quickly though, by mid season next year we will all know if this was a really good hire or another uh-oh.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Gase might do well with our offense even though is miami offense sucked but as I said in another thread, this seems like Rex to Buffalo.

We will find out very quickly though, by mid season next year we will all know if this was a really good hire or another uh-oh.

The Rex to Buffalo analogy is a good one.

The time frame for judging Gase might be right on the money also. It's a very strange feeling to have about a new HC. Anytime a team I root for (in any sport) makes a coaching change, I'm always optimistic about the new guy. I just can't feel that with Gase. 

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

LOSING IS UNACCEPTABLE!

(New  head coach and now Lord of Florham park is 23-25)

With David Fales, Ryan Tannehill, Brock Osweiller, Matt Moore, and an out-of-retirement Jay Cutler as his QB's. 

Lets see what he does with a Ferrari instead of a Mazda GLC.

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, talisaynon said:

Or he’s a control freak that doesn’t like people backtalking. Miami fans hated him for this reason and you’re seeing it happening first hand. You’ll hate him when he dumps all of the talent on this team cause they weren’t “his” players. Just wait. This will go down in flames holaroously

You crack me up, what talent has he dumped? Seems to me you are the only one going down in flames with these obviously fake statements......hilariously

giphy.gif

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Did anyone on this site watch the Dolphins over the last three years???  Except when they played the Jets, they stunk!  Foot on the neck of disaster???  Unless he's a freak, that would be anatomically impossible.  Doubt his feet could reach his own neck.

I'm feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.  I'm expecting Rod Serling to appear and say..."Welcome.  You've entered another dimension.  A dimension of sight, sound and mind.  It's a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of the imagination and whose only way out, is by firing Adam Gase".

Re-read my post 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

With David Fales, Ryan Tannehill, Brock Osweiller, Matt Moore, and an out-of-retirement Jay Cutler as his QB's. 

Lets see what he does with a Ferrari instead of a Mazda GLC.

He wanted Jay cutler, cutler was his guy.

He was brought in specifically to make tannehill a franchise Qb.  That is his rep, his reason for being where he is to be a QB guru.

This is the Rex effect here.  Rex is a great coach!  (As long as you provide him a team full of pro bowlers.)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was brought in specifically to make tannehill a franchise Qb.  That is his rep, his reason for being where he is to be a QB guru.

This is the Rex effect here.  Rex is a great coach!  (As long as you provide him a team full of pro bowlers.)

Guess what??  Tannehill was never a franchise QB before Gase and won't be after.  He now has a QB with talent.  

• Upvote 1

I hope he gives Williams and maye a chance to produce. Cutting ties with guys who had limited success like lee and legette is one thing but clensing the roster of "Macc guys" for the sake of getting rid of them is a problem.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Trading Williams now is a wise move. He’s going to command a big contract, one that he is not worth and some team is gonna pay it. I don’t believe in giving a DT that 2nd contract. Even the studs tend to have production fall off and rarely give the return on the dollar. Drafting him with a 1st, getting 4 productive years, and then trading him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder is a pretty solid return overall. Especially when you consider Macc cornered us into the move by drafting yet another DT early in the first. I wouldn’t consider trading Williams simply a “Macc guys” purge.

Maye on the other hand has very little value and we don’t yet know if he’s good or not because he’s injured all the time. Keeping him around makes sense to see if he can stay on the field and play at a respectable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

Drafting him with a 1st, getting 4 productive years, and then trading him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder is a pretty solid return overall.

The **** it is. It's a contract year and he's playing next to Quinnen Williams on a defensive line we're into for like eleventy bajillion dollars. If he's anything short of automatic franchise tag at minimum then it's some level of calamity.

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I'll also hold off on the Joe Douglas fervor for now. You know, the guy nobody here ever heard of before last week. But now he's the "perfect hire" as our new GM. Hey, he worked for the Eagles and he's Gase's buddy. What could be better then that? Call me crazy, but how many of you would've thought back in January that the best way for the Jets to go about this would be to hire the Miami HC first, then let him be the one to pick the GM?

Now maybe, just maybe, in the world of NYJ football this might end up well, but I'm going to wait and see. I'll let @Jetster and a few others wave the pom poms for now. Meanwhile I'm going to check in on the "Macc and Bowles hired" threads from a few years back. I've got a feeling they're going to be very similar to what I'm reading here lately about Douglas the football guy, and the new HC who's going to shake things up. 

Just be glad the Jets will be more “Offensecentric” now, by default, since Gase is an Offense guy which means they’ll be way more competitive in the way football is now played in 2019.

He might not be easy to get along with but what I’ve read so far I think he has more intelligence in one of his pinky’s than Maccagnan/Bowles combined.

How bad is the .500 record that Gase had in Miami, which there is lots of whining about, considering he coached with no QB basically? 

Tannehill healthy?  He was 11-0.  That’s pretty impressive.

Darnold is a sharp kid.  I think he’s about to learn a lot....and generate “a lot of Wins”, as he promised Jet fans on draft night.

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Jetster said:

Gase has made it very clear your draft status means absolutely nothing to him. Macc protected his picks much too long and I can guarantee you players like Marcus Maye & Leonard Williams have gotten the message. 

Its time to produce & if your not on board your left at the train station. This was long overdue with Bowles & Rogers Herm Edwards like barbecue camp. Gase wants a 53 roster with players ready to go, fighting to play & all in. 

People can bash his record but the truth is your not going to win in this league with a portion of your roster dragging on the bottom. So do you want to keep losing with lazy players or want a guy at the top that free agents look to & understand immediately your not going to be allowed on autopilot. I think this is the issue he has with Le'veon Bell. He has no idea yet if this guy really wants to be the best ever or cash in with a notoriously losing organization & ride off in the sunset with his millions with little effort. 

What Bell brings to this team starting in the opener will have a lot to do with Sams success. If we get an all in Le'veon, wow. Gase has everyone on notice under his watch he expects focus & attention to collect your check. 

Its been a long time coming here. Losing is accepted way to easily here. 

Wait what happened what made you write this? Did I miss something? I mean I hope so and great news but what prompted this ?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Probably because Cutler had ALL the physical tools, which makes ANY coach drool and think “I’m the guy smart enough to turn this lump of clay into a Super Bowl Run”.

Cutler didn’t like football and could care less about leading a team.  Can’t get blood from a rock even if you’re Vince Lombardi (who probably would have cut Cutler after a week).

When Gase had an older Manning, who was ALWAYS the exact opposite of Cutler in many intangible ways, Gase and Manning did great things.

Darnold has a lot of Peyton Manning traits, let it all play out, I think you’ll be very happy with the results.

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Look I hate to break it to you but he beat pats, went to the playoffs with arguably worse team and roster than us.

Soooo

That being said who knows let's see who comes in for the gm job, but the dude in Philly is ? Percent better than Macc. That is truth.

Gase hasn't shown great success but I think he has a chance here. Darnold and him could be great and we are already better than last year. By alot

Adam Gase has announced a dress code for MetLife.  Every fan is to wear a Jets uniform with the number 154 (he says that’s his IQ) and the name ADAM on the front, the back and on each sleeve.  Any fan trying to enter MetLife without that will be sent to Miami to join the other stupid fans who didn’t obey 154.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

In his continued quest to “remove the stench” from this team, Gase has announced he will interview all 80,000 season ticket holders and individual game purchasers.  Among the questions he will pose are: “What do you think of me?”, “do you find me attractive?” And “Don’t you just hate Stephen Ross?!”

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 5/22/2019 at 12:48 AM, Beerfish said:

Beer, lets let him coach a year or two before we fire him.

Cutler was a last resort for the Fin’s. QB position was a shambles. Gase had a history with Cutler. Most people when faced with his situation would turn to a known commodity even if it is a bad one. Hell Rex turned to Ed Reed, other coaches had made similar decisions hard to fault them when facing a 5th or 6th option.

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2019 at 1:30 AM, Snell41 said:

Trading Williams now is a wise move. He’s going to command a big contract, one that he is not worth and some team is gonna pay it. I don’t believe in giving a DT that 2nd contract. Even the studs tend to have production fall off and rarely give the return on the dollar. Drafting him with a 1st, getting 4 productive years, and then trading him for a 2nd or 3rd rounder is a pretty solid return overall. Especially when you consider Macc cornered us into the move by drafting yet another DT early in the first. I wouldn’t consider trading Williams simply a “Macc guys” purge.

Maye on the other hand has very little value and we don’t yet know if he’s good or not because he’s injured all the time. Keeping him around makes sense to see if he can stay on the field and play at a respectable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly think Gase’s job was to develop and protect Darnold, and he basically went to Johnson and said that Mac was not helping him do that, and got him fired. 

If you look at other 3-4 teams, I would have to think that the resources that the Jets have now on the DL for a 3-4 defense are pretty excessive.  Maybe Leo was the right player to keep, but not if you are drafting a bunch of other DL and paying Henry $10mm.

It would be extraordinary to have all of those resources paid to the DL.  Saving the $14mm and getting a 2nd or 3rd round real pick in 2020 in a 2019 trade would be a good deal for the Jets.  Otherwise, getting a comp pick for him and letting him move on is a good result.  Were the new GM to project that the Jets would not get a comp pick for Leo in 2021 because of their FA spending in 2020, I would trade Leo for whatever they can get this year.  I really don’t see Leo on this team moving the needle.  They should use the $14mm for something else in 2020 and let Quinnen, Henry, McClendon, Foley and Shepherd figure it out. 

Mac was so bad.  

On 5/21/2019 at 6:52 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

If only we could clean the stench of this message board....

the few posters worth reading would all have to spend hours adding all the eedgits to the ignore list...

either that or band together and form a new forum...      or just napalm the joint

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2019 at 2:16 PM, jack48 said:

thebad thing about guys who get hurt all the itme is you cannot plan--even if you love the way they play

He played two seasons and was hurt in one. Talk about over reaction on the injured all the time narrative

Gase, in Miami, was in the same situation as Rex was with the Jets. A rookie HC with very poor QB talent and they were expected to develop a FQB. The problem with that is you can't make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. Now that Gase has a real QB to work with we'll be able to judge him as a QB guru. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/21/2019 at 1:40 PM, tkiss24 said:

The lack of drafted talent on this team is despicable. Aside from Darnold I don’t Think any of the first rounders left are worth the value at where they were taken. You get Leonard Williams production so far from a mid 20 first rounder that’s great. Jamal Adams not worth the 6th pick with 1 more interception that I have. Honestly the best value pick may be Jordan Jenkins. Not a good resume.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I disagree. What made the Adams pick bad wasnt the talent, but the value of the position. Safety wasnt more valuable than QB and at the time we needed a QB and we had two of the top guys on the board and didnt have to draft up for the opportunity. 

With that said though, Adams is a top 5 safety in this league in just his 2nd year. Let's be real. 

• Sympathy 1