38 minutes ago, slats said:

They agreed to sign Anthony Barr and it blew up in their faces. 

I have no idea where the Jets might be in negotiations with Douglas, or even if they're in negotiations at all, but it seems wise to keep a lid on it until pen meets paper if they are. 

Meh - it happens. No major blow back came from that.

I think the more likely scenario than Douglass already being the guy is that the Jets have told him they want to interview him and he is preparing for that interview by putting together a mock scouting department. That's not to say Douglass won't be the guy.

My opinion is that what this thread title/OP is reporting is over stated at this point. Even the Johnson brothers aren't foolish enough to agree to a GM without an in person interview - which will not go unreported.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

No one hired this guy when there were GM jobs open. Jets get lucky again and best GM falls to them.

Texans tried to interview him in January, but the Eagles blocked the move - which they could do as long as they were in the playoffs. Texans moved on rather than lose their next best guy waiting. 

Fair enough but this leads me to think JD was never the Texans #1 choice. They could have easily waited for the opportunity to interview him. Based on how it played out they likely said lets not wait and lose a shot at our top choice and signed Gaine

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Fair enough but this leads me to think JD was never the Texans #1 choice. They could have easily waited for the opportunity to interview him. Based on how it played out they likely said lets not wait and lose a shot at our top choice and signed Gaine

Could be. It's all speculation. Could also be that they thought convincing JD to leave the Eagles might be an uphill battle, and they didn't want to lose out on their second choice while other teams were looking to fill their GM vacancies. The "bad timing" of the Jets opening gives them the luxury of taking their sweet ass time. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

wait what

Lmfao Peter likes the Jets. 

Makes sense some what. He probably got someone to put in a good word.

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Since this appears to be the only serious answer, why not?  Doesn't the Rooney Rule apply to GM positions?  I just read a piece on SI about it, saying that minority candidates should refuse the interview.  Kind of silly when you consider that one of the stated purposes was to get minority candidates experience interviewing.

Rooney Rule does not apply to FO, to my knowledge

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lmfao Peter likes the Jets. 

Makes sense some what. He probably got someone to put in a good word.

Haha.

No.

20190521_145923.thumb.jpg.7cb687e1703d6ea62e81d562ffca53be.jpg

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Haha.

No.

20190521_145923.thumb.jpg.7cb687e1703d6ea62e81d562ffca53be.jpg

Lol Chris Johnson seriously has no clue what he is doing right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

"Adopted in 2003, the Rooney Rule is an NFL policy requiring every team with a head coaching vacancy to interview at least one or more diverse candidates. In 2009, the Rooney Rule was expanded to include general manager jobs and equivalent front office positions. The Rooney Rule is named after the late former Pittsburgh Steelers owner and chairman of the league's diversity committee, Dan Rooney." 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000999110/article/nfl-expands-rooney-rule-requirements-to-strengthen-diversity

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol Chris Johnson seriously has no clue what he is doing right now.

sh*tshow 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

wait what

Wtf, why not consult oprah

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Rumor: Adam Sandler will be in the room for all GM candidate interviews. 

7C68D241-356D-4E04-BB48-65412111E627.jpeg.6fd7c45a2a953dff0b64e92048ca83bb.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

How about maybe the Jets are putting out misinformation to their FO people to find the leaks? Polian said they used to do it all of the time. One scout just got fired a couple of days after the Manning rumor. Let's see if anybody else gets fired.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

Pat Kirwan on the first segment Movin the Chains today 5/21 3:20 pm. Is saying Douglas to the Jets looks like a done deal and that he's calling getting his staff together. He said there might be more fired front office people that explains the scout getting let go. (Hope so ! on the Douglas)  I say one thing about Gase he doesn't f*** around. I'm a fan of getting real football people in that building

+1 Joe Douglas and co. will be refreshing — idk if that means good but I will say refreshing. They definitely are football guys.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Pat Kirwan on the first segment Movin the Chains today 5/21 3:20 pm. Is saying Douglas to the Jets looks like a done deal and that he's calling getting his staff together. He said there might be more fired front office people that explains the scout getting let go. (Hope so ! on the Douglas)  I say one thing about Gase he doesn't f*** around. I'm a fan of getting real football people in that building

Ninjad. lol.
You slipped it in right before me buddy. I am
Listening to the show right now as well. Well done.

Kirwans words help my mindset a lot. Douglas can’t get here soon enough for me. His ravens background has me very optimistic.
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I just heard Kirwan on moving the chains say that Douglas to the jets is almost done. States two very reliable sources have confirmed. He added nothing has gone down the pike to change that. There have been numerous sources for the assembling of his staff etc

He went on to say that the terminations of scouts are most likely at the request of Douglas and that they may continue before he gets here.

That’s actually very good news for me. I’d rather that be the case than Gase just to sing around hanging Turk flags on everyone’s office door. emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I hope this is true.

• Like 1

I hope this is true.

You and me both man.
It would almost be as though we had a plan that worked for once. The one time the Johnson’s were the ones who were right. Oh man. What would it mean for our jets moving forward?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

It does for a GM at least.  

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Wtf, why not consult oprah

At least you might get a free car out of it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

Honestly I think a lot of this Drama is created by some of the beat writer pushing agenda. I'm kind of digging the Gase I don't give a F*** what they think. But I've been wrong before I'm a Jets fan (50 years of beer goggles)

The media reaction to Gase has been embarrassing from the start. They went after him in January about his eyes, and now they’re having vapors over dumping Mike Maccagnan, for whom there was no logical justification for his continued employment. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

He went on to say that the terminations of scouts are most likely at the request of Douglas and that they may continue before he gets here.

Wait, now hold on, Manish got it wrong? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s mean that Gase is doing what Parcells did when he was hired here, which is convince the mush owner that heads needed to roll right away. You can say that Gase isn’t accomplished enough to deserve that much power, but you have to like the early returns so far. 

Yes you can. Gase has already gotten rid of the biggest thorn in the side of the Jets other than BB/Brady.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or, there was a bet among some Jets personnel that they could get Manish to run with a rumor that was so stupid and implausible that it’d result in him getting unfollowed by >100 Twitter followers. 

Bingo.  This is 100%, undeniably,  a troll job on Manish and all the other idiots willing to run with this.  Love it. 

It’s mean that Gase is doing what Parcells did when he was hired here, which is convince the mush owner that heads needed to roll right away. You can say that Gase isn’t accomplished enough to deserve that much power, but you have to like the early returns so far. 

The early returns haven’t impressed me just yet. Unless you are speaking specifically of the ouster of macc. That’s the big one. The rest of the moves I’m actually not all that upset over but I don’t really like them either. Could have gotten more for Lee and I’d say legget has more to offer than sterling or thomlinson. I also love that Lachlan Edwards fella. Gase better not mess with my damned punter man! 🤬

I fear the moves less if a guy like Douglas is indeed on his way. I don’t mind any of it if we are about to have the closest thing to a legit GM we’ve ever had. If it’s just Gase dancing around the place with a sickle, I find it less digestible.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.halloweencostumes.com%2Fproducts%2F38785%2F1-1%2Freaper-scythe.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.halloweencostumes.com%2Freaper-scythe.html&tbnid=XnkTT72lF9jmSM&vet=12ahUKEwi2rPHTuK3iAhUIZN8KHfxxAJYQMygBegUIARDPAQ..i&docid=FQcU4UtNRXkO0M&w=1750&h=2500&hl=en-us&client=safari&ved=2ahUKEwi2rPHTuK3iAhUIZN8KHfxxAJYQMygBegUIARDPAQ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

The early returns haven’t impressed me just yet. Unless you are speaking specifically of the ouster of macc. That’s the big one. The rest of the moves I’m actually not all that upset over but I don’t really like them either. Could have gotten more for Lee and I’d say legget has more to offer than sterling or thomlinson. I also love that Lachlan Edwards fella. Gase better not mess with my damned punter man!

wait, FA gone, Draft over and less than a week without Macc and youre not impressed?
Kind of demanding, no? LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

Alex Marvez, another NFL radio guy, said that this am. Love Kirwin.....he has real sources.

• Upvote 1

Wait, now hold on, Manish got it wrong? 

Maybe. I think Manisg just needed to cry a little bit. That’s understandable. These are tough times 🤧

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

The early returns haven’t impressed me just yet. Unless you are speaking specifically of the ouster of macc. That’s the big one. The rest of the moves I’m actually not all that upset over but I don’t really like them either. Could have gotten more for Lee and I’d say legget has more to offer than sterling or thomlinson. I also love that Lachlan Edwards fella. Gase better not mess with my damned punter man! 🤬

I fear the moves less if a guy like Douglas is indeed on his way. I don’t mind any of it if we are about to have the closest thing to a legit GM we’ve ever had. If it’s just Gase dancing around the place with a sickle, I find it less digestible.

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.halloweencostumes.com%2Fproducts%2F38785%2F1-1%2Freaper-scythe.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.halloweencostumes.com%2Freaper-scythe.html&tbnid=XnkTT72lF9jmSM&vet=12ahUKEwi2rPHTuK3iAhUIZN8KHfxxAJYQMygBegUIARDPAQ..i&docid=FQcU4UtNRXkO0M&w=1750&h=2500&hl=en-us&client=safari&ved=2ahUKEwi2rPHTuK3iAhUIZN8KHfxxAJYQMygBegUIARDPAQ

1. That you “could have gotten more for Lee” is demonstrably false, as it was reported that Macc was holding out for a fifth rounder that no one would give up. 

2. Leggett was given every chance to assume a productive role on this team and he couldn’t displace Eric Tomlinson. Bowles liked Leggett a lot and still couldn’t get him on the field.

3. The punter he brought in is a camp leg.

4. Consider how hard it was to convince Chris Johnson to pay Mike Maccagnan two year’s salary to stay home?

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The media reaction to Gase has been embarrassing from the start. They went after him in January about his eyes, and now they’re having vapors over dumping Mike Maccagnan, for whom there was no logical justification for his continued employment. 

not just the media ...many here whingeing like whipped bitches...      is the timing jokeworthy? sure.

anyhoots...  proceed onward Lefftenant Shane   

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1