Why I’m not sold on Joe Douglas

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

None of us knew who he was two weeks ago now we’re all experts on him. 

He's coming from a team who's doing everything they can to protect their franchise QB. I don't know anything about him, but that should have been our only objective this offseason after hitting the lotto on Sam. Buffalo didn't have half the cash we did this offseason and look what they did at O-line. I'm just sitting here praying the guy who's going to be snapping the ball to Sam every down this year isn't on the roster yet.

6 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

His stellar reputation and the fact that other talented executives and scouts would likely want to join him is another huge bonus

More great news (assuming he takes the job).  Would it be possible for us to hire the NFL equivalent of Lou Lamoriello?

7 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

36 years old with zero experience as a GM. Not sure why the media is painting him as a no brainer hire. 

Just another dart throw as far as I’m concerned. 

Can't be that you pretty much complain about everything

And start a new thread to tell everyone

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Beggars can't be choosers. 

We could always go try to throw a bunch of money at Ozzie Newsome if GM experience is what you're looking for.  But I doubt he'd take our call. 

Well given he retired from a team he was with most of his life....

So hire a guy who worked with Ozzie for 16 years, then was there with Chicago and gets a lot of credit for his work with building amSB winner in Philly.

Hardly beggars who can't be choosers here. 

7 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

36 years old with zero experience as a GM. Not sure why the media is painting him as a no brainer hire. 

Just another dart throw as far as I’m concerned. 

Listen up Wayne.  This topic (and entire site) is for group thinkers only!  No dissenters here!  You belong here ONLY if you believe that the media are out to get us!  That's the only reason every (and I mean every!) writer has crucified Chris Johnson and Emperor Gase!  They hate the Jets (yes, including Greenie who is a life-long Jets fan)!  They are jealous of the Jets!  

We are here to praise the Emperor, not bury him!

Don't know about you guys, but this seems like a pretty strong body of work to me.  Sixteen years with the Ravens in and of itself is pretty impressive.  Pretty sure he wasn't getting coffee for the boss for all of those years.  Experience in three different NFL franchises, in an executive capacity is a pretty good prerequisite for a  first time General Manager.  Surely more qualified than Maccagnan, Idzik, or Peyton Manning, for sure.

Joe Douglas, who was hired by the Eagles on May 11, 2016, enters his third season as vice president of player personnel.Douglas played an integral role in helping construct the team’s Super Bowl LII-winning roster. The Eagles captured the first Super Bowl title in franchise history with a 41-33 victory over the New England Patriots on February 4, 2018. Prior to joining the Eagles, Douglas spent the 2015 season as the director of college scouting for the Chicago Bears after working in the Baltimore Ravens’ personnel department for 16 years (2000-15).    

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hahhahahahahaha  love it the guy isn't chosen yet and we are finding ways to tear him down....... :) 

Could it be that this organization buttfumble every single time and many of us are becoming cynical.  I remember when many here thought that Macc was going to be our savior.   Me, unlike some here, these wannabes have to prove themselves first before  they get any praise especially these young candidates who hasn’t accomplished anything other riding on someone else car.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

You don’t see a first class organization bring in neophytes. That’s why the Maras brought in Gettleman-a proven commodity.

If you want to see Jets fandom melt like the wicked witch when Dorothy throws that bucket of water on her, bring in Gettleman. He's managed to so screw up the Giants that they have literally tanked. But they have a nice running back for a few years.

13 hours ago, SayNoToDMC said:

He's coming from a team who's doing everything they can to protect their franchise QB. I don't know anything about him, but that should have been our only objective this offseason after hitting the lotto on Sam. Buffalo didn't have half the cash we did this offseason and look what they did at O-line. I'm just sitting here praying the guy who's going to be snapping the ball to Sam every down this year isn't on the roster yet.

I feel like good things are coming.  We just have to tighten our seat belts.  Gase & Co. may not love the players that Jet fans love.