Gase fires scout, wants to streamline scout operation

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know Manish is a tool, but here is his tweet

Wow. Same comment two times in one tweet.  That's showing his a$$ a bit I'd say.  Problem is I actually agree with him.   Gase is making moves that seem like something that should be left to the GM.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Wow. Same comment two times in one tweet.  That's showing his a$$ a bit I'd say.  Problem is I actually agree with him.   Gase is making moves that seem like something that should be left to the GM.  

Like it or not he IS the GM right now.

Till they hire one, it's his show to run.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know Manish is a tool, but here is his tweet

"even though he only wants to coach the team."     "since he only wants to coach the team."

Manish is still so pissed for being lied to! However, I find this a little weird since he is only the "interim" GM and the Jets are in hot pursuit of a replacement. Unless these are moves that Gase's guy would be doing anyway and he is just trimming the fat so Douglas or whomever can just step right in?

Gase saying he wants to "streamline the scouting department?" - this doesn't seem like a move for a guy who just wants to coach the team. The new hire will shed more light on this when it eventually happens.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Like it or not he IS the GM right now.

Till they hire one, it's his show to run.

Don't like it.  While I do understand the truth of it, he should just coach the team and leave this stuff for the guy we hire imo. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well Manish is correct even if h e is a moron. 

Gase is making a lot of moves for a team that is searching for a GM.

True, but who cares? We complain about our scouting department all the time, not sure we should care if one of them got fired.

Manish is just pushing an anti Jets narrative now because he was made to look like a fool. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, MasterChiefJets said:

"even though he only wants to coach the team."     "since he only wants to coach the team."

Manish is still so pissed for being lied to! However, I find this a little weird since he is only the "interim" GM and the Jets are in hot pursuit of a replacement. Unless these are moves that Gase's guy would be doing anyway and he is just trimming the fat so Douglas or whomever can just step right in?

Gase saying he wants to "streamline the scouting department?" - this doesn't seem like a move for a guy who just wants to coach the team.

More then likely the entire Scouting staff will be turned over anyhow soon as the new GM is named.  Just a bit odd this guy was singled out to be fired now.

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Salty Manish is Salty. 

I guess maybe I would be too if I was as constantly out of the loop and ill informed as he is.

Seriously.

He was spoonfed by Mac last year, when Mac was jockeying over Bowles. Same thing Rex used Manish for.

He’s the slut every guy on the AAA ball club gets to pork on a bad night.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I disagree.  If you see what is in your opinion an "obvious problem" and you have the ability to address it then you do so!  If in fact this is a problem worth solving, the new GM might not see/notice/glom on to it soon enough.  So you fix it.  

Now of course neither I nor anyone else on a message board can know whether Gase is right in his assessment or not but none the less I like his approach.    

• Upvote 2