JetsFanatic

Gase fires scout, wants to streamline scout operation

Dekraker is a DMV guy from Fairfax.  He went to ODU and has been scouting since like '95.  He spent over a decade with the Cardinals, and has been with the Panthers, Redskins and Cowboys.  He seems like a fairly innocuous guy that should be so low down the chain that he would barely register with an interim. 

37 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Salty Manish is Salty. 

I guess maybe I would be too if I was as constantly out of the loop and ill informed as he is.

He is the cuntiest of cunts. Would love to slap him in the mouth and ask him what he's going to do about it.

20 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I disagree.  If you see what is in your opinion an "obvious problem" and you have the ability to address it then you do so!  If in fact this is a problem worth solving, the new GM might not see/notice/glom on to it soon enough.  So you fix it.  

Now of course neither I nor anyone else on a message board can know whether Gase is right in his assessment or not but none the less I like his approach.    

yeah we just differ here I think.  Gase has been here for all of a few minutes really.   IMO he should just calm down and get a plan together with the real GM. Two heads are better than one. And more than one perspective usually highlights aspects unseen by the singular individual. Especially when the singular individual has had a long history of personnel based difficulties and just might be a lunatic. 

• Upvote 2

As for Gase - his word is not to be taken seriously, it's the actions that speak for him. He wants full control. His resume hasn't earned him that, but I'm actually OK with giving it a try. It's not like the owner knows how to hire a good GM anyway. Let him sink or swim with full control. It's just crazy enough that it could work. At least the organization would be on the same page.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I have noticed alot of male genitalia comments lately is there a reason we are turning to that as a describing term? Did I miss a memo?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Team is owned and operated by Johnsons. Thought you knew that. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He is the cuntiest of cunts. Would love to slap him in the mouth and ask him what he's going to do about it.

I presume his answer would be "yes Officer, I WOULD like to press charges...".

• Upvote 1

Rape, pillage,fullsizeoutput_7c1.thumb.jpeg.6cd6815566dfb3ac96ef302e103e755c.jpeg and plunder Adam while you can.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know Manish is a tool, but here is his tweet

Manish is trash....  I hope he falls in the desert and takes a cactus up is a**

Awwwww poor little Manish is butthurt. You would be too if you worked for a sinking ship and now your one source is as on the street as you're going to be. Payback is a bitch eh Manish?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know Manish is a tool, but here is his tweet

he is an ass. everything should stop while other teams operate and we search?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Well Manish is correct even if h e is a moron. 

Gase is making a lot of moves for a team that is searching for a GM.

there are moves to be made that may not be there in a week--or two.

44 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

yeah we just differ here I think.  Gase has been here for all of a few minutes really.   IMO he should just calm down and get a plan together with the real GM. Two heads are better than one. And more than one perspective usually highlights aspects unseen by the singular individual. Especially when the singular individual has had a long history of personnel based difficulties and just might be a lunatic. 

What do you think is going on right now around the league. Is the league waiting for the Jets to get up to speed with a GM?

• Upvote 1

Manish now returning to the real him, after a year of saying nice things. His BF has been fired so he’s a little pissed at the moment.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

What do you think is going on right now around the league. Is the league waiting for the Jets to get up to speed with a GM?

Are you implying that cutting Legget, firing the scout and signing the Punter and Deontay Thompson were time sensitive moves? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Are you implying that cutting Legget, firing the scout and signing the Punter and Deontay Thompson were time sensitive moves? 

Anyone can be signed at any time.  Point is, doing nothing is never right this time of year

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Well Manish is correct even if h e is a moron. 

Gase is making a lot of moves for a team that is searching for a GM.

I’d imagine this scout is the one that was talking to Pauline.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Anyone can be signed at any time.  Point is, doing nothing is never right this time of year

Meh. These moves are pretty benign overall. None of them are the biggest deal but it seems wise for the guy who will not be the GM in a little while to stop playing at one. Not one single move he's made had to be made right now. Thompson wasn't about to sign with another team tomorrow and even if he was it's not the end of the world.  Firing a scout before the new GM has an opportunity to speak with him also seems like a low reward move.  No need to do any of this. 

I think its more likely just Gase making moves to make moves while he has the chance which is not a good idea before we get the new FO in place. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That's a very interesting potentiality. If that was the case, you can understand and get behind the move.   Not bad. 

• Like 1

GM Joe D from Philly prob told Gase I need this asshat gone before I get there please.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

You kind of are. Hate to be the one to tell you this but.... your the third string center as of right now. 

Nah, c'mon now, the USC UDFA Center we picked up is going to be like our next UDFA Robby Anderson as far as talent. Who needs to draft well in rounds 107 when you can get UDFAs you can build a team with. Trying to be sarcastic if it's not painfully obvious.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Dekraker is an DMV guy from Fairfax.  He went to ODU and has been scouting since like '95.  He spent over a decade with the Cardinals, and has been with the Panthers, Redskins and Cowboys.  He seems like a fairly innocuous guy that should be so low down the chain that he would barely register with an interim. 

Snitches get unemployed-stches

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Might also have been going behind Gase's back in the meetings that Macc had with the scouts that supposedly Gase wasn't allowed to attend.

• Upvote 1

Regardless of how small or insignificant these moves might be, I still don't see how Gase would be granted any legit authority by the Johnson's to do ANYTHING personnel or staff-wise considering he will be acting GM for a very short period of time, I presume.  The circus is back in town, folks!   

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Regardless of how small or insignificant these moves might be, I still don't see how Gase would be granted any legit authority by the Johnson's to do ANYTHING personnel or staff-wise considering he will be acting GM for a very short period of time, I presume.  The circus is back in town, folks!   

It never left..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Like it or not he IS the GM right now.

Till they hire one, it's his show to run.

And apparently any move the team makes someone like Manish is going to attribute to Gase and then bring up he doesn't want to be the GM. 

Do we even know that Gase fired the guy?  Was he fired or was his contract up and wasn't rehired?  Did he say he wanted to streamline things?   It is Manish after all 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

More likely he was just the softest target. The slapfight when Gase inevitably squares off with fellow fake crazy person Gregg Williams is going to be super embarrassing.

50 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

GM Joe D from Philly prob told Gase I need this asshat gone before I get there please.

lol   If I get there so much as see that guys face so help me God! 

11 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

So you are saying we should be paralyzed until a new GM is hired? This is not a circus, he is conducting business. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

More likely he was just the softest target. The slapfight when Gase inevitably squares off with fellow fake crazy person Gregg Williams is going to be super embarrassing.

It’s like the Clegane bowl at this point.  We all know it’s coming but how and when?!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

So you are saying we should be paralyzed until a new GM is hired? This is not a circus, he is conducting business. 

New ringleader making moves ,I like that, we will see.

43 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

33 minutes ago, JiF said:

It’s like the Clegane bowl at this point.  We all know it’s coming but how and when?!

Gregg’s gonna be on his best behavior this year. The last thing he did before signing on with the Jets was interview for Jay Gruden’s job. He know he has to make it through six months of trash Jets football and he gets to be Redskins HC

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Salty Manish is Salty. 

I guess maybe I would be too if I was as constantly out of the loop and ill informed as he is.

He really is acting like a woman scorned. It's sort of amusing.