OTA Thread

1 hour ago, Lith said:

@ConnorHughesNFL is the best guy to follow.  Provides the most meaningful info duirng these practices.  Does not seem as if Mehta is even there today.  havent' seen a single update from him.

I spend the $99 a year on the Athletic just for his articles.  His last one, on the OTAs last week, focused on actual football, rather than media created drama, was awesome.

I'd post it here, but I figured since the content is behind a paywall that was a big no-no.

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

He can’t be worse than Trumaine Johnson 

Good thing Gase gives the rooks a chance to get in and make some plays and we are giving valuable reps to a youngster who could use a real shot to make the team!

I have high hopes for this Johnson kid.  I hear he has a real shot for the 53 this fall.  Solid UDFA pickup by Macc!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Cimini's tweets are all about injuries and missing people - it's pretty obvious he doesn't know about or care about actual football stuff

Cimini is like if Tony Soprano's mother were a football journalist.  Always sees the worst in everything.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I love him too, but he's right - he's not the guy to be mic'd up!  "new balls!  gosh darnit to heck this is a great day!!"  haha

"Hmmmm, I dont know about that one" - was his trash talk back to Adams.  lol  He's a total cheese ball Cali ginger goober boogie boarding kook and I love it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

"Hmmmm, I dont know about that one" - was his trash talk back to Adams.  lol  He's a total cheese ball Cali ginger goober boogie boarding kook and I love it. 

he was mic'd up during the Colts game last year and said some "bad language words"  (CAP!)  - must have taken his vitamins that day!

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Because he is watching videos of Peyton Manning?  Don't you remember the annual articles about how Tebow and Hackenberg overhauled their throwing motions?  I am very optimistic about Darnold, but this blurb is as meaningless as how he performs at Madden. 

Sam watching videos of Peyton demonstrates that he is going the extra mile to improve his game and really can't be compared to Tebow and Hackenberg overhauling their throwing motions in an effort to learn how to throw a football with any accuracy.

12 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Sam watching videos of Peyton demonstrates that he is going the extra mile to improve his game and really can't be compared to Tebow and Hackenberg overhauling their throwing motions in an effort to learn how to throw a football with any accuracy.

It's not going the extra mile.  It is something that pee wees that I coached in Italy did.  He is trying to better himself.  I applaud that.  However, it is not unusual for an NFL, college or high school QB to do that.  

• Thumb Down 1

10007451_10152049287521546_5726738215745937596_n.thumb.jpg.23d0bfccf0be51f29e10faa08fcfc6a2.jpg

Yes, that's the band you think it is....and yes, it cost me $18.50 to see Kurt Cobain at Stabler.
(We've now moved totally off topic.  lol....This may need to go in the Soundgarden thread in the Lounge!) 

That’s pretty bad ass!! $18.50 wont get you two beers at MetLife Stadium these days!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

1st 10 Questions to Be Asked at Today's Press Conference with Gase:

1. Is Bell's absence hurting the team?
  2. How do you feel about Bell's absence in light of the team massively overpaying for his contract?
  3. Have you told Chris which GM you want him to hire yet?
  4. How does Bell feel about you firing the GM who signed him?
  5. Have you spoken to Bell about the possibility of playing center?
  6. Will Bell be at Mandatory Mini Camp Next Week?
  7. How did Bell's absence impact Brexit and the recent EU Parliament Elections?
  8. You signed a linebacker yesterday, do you think this was appropriate for someone who is only "acting" GM?
  9. Quinnen Williams sat out OTA practice last week with a calf strain......do you regret drafting an injury prone player so high?
  10. Will you be willing to give up control of the roster to the new GM or will the new GM merely be your puppet and crony doing your bidding?

Missed that one the first time. That's awesome.?

• Upvote 1

What we learned from the OTA's link

New two min drill pin the back end of the OTA's.   Good stuff. When we get this GM thing worked out there will be real reason to be excited for this years training camp. We have some serious pieces to the puzzle here and our coaching staff is pretty legit. Position coaches like Pollack and Frazier, Jefferson and Cooter, Blake Williams and Derek Carter. We have a stout group here. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/what-have-we-learned-during-jets-otas

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...