OTA Thread

I was busy all day and just saw this thread and said to myself “self, I’m going to read some good posts about OTAs” and this post tells me it’s really not worth scrolling through. 
What the actual f*ck kind of board is this?

There’s some decent stuff in the very beginning. Then it sputters into the world we know as the JN offseason

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I just feel like if he goes out and tears his ACL in voluntary then protecting himself all last year was for nothing ... if something is going to happen then I’m sure he’d like it to at least be when he’s doing something meaningful 

He already got paid, what’s he protecting now?   Why should anyone show up then?   Why doesn’t Beachum, Osemele and Darnold stay away too?   Why even have these OTAs then?  At this point if Bell was really concerned about winning games he would be there, but instead he’s more concerned about drawing attention to himself by not attending.  Is it really that hard to show up for a THREE day mini camp?  It’s three days and he can’t be here.  He doesn’t have a contract situation he is trying to make a statement about, he’s simply not attending because he wants attention.  

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Looks broader through the shoulders...stronger.

I was thinking the same thing. He looks to be in the best physical condition yet. But WTF was that drill?

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Looks broader through the shoulders...stronger.

from that picture,  Sam is growing up and and ready to shave - is that a mustache?  LOL - looking forward to more actual football news, The Jets official site has a couple of good articles 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/seven-things-to-what-for-during-jets-otas

The Jets appear to have found their long-term and short-term answer at quarterback in Sam Darnold. The second-year passer, who will turn 22 during OTAs, thrived late last season. But he is learning his third offense in as many years, so all this spring work will be invaluable for the signal-caller who has already thoroughly impressed his head coach.

“I like the way he works and I love the way he studies. The way he throws the ball is very impressive,” said Adam Gase of Darnold. “He just naturally, when he rolls out of bed, he could sling that thing, and it is fun to be around how intense he is every day trying to make sure he gets better. I think really, for us, it is going to be about how far can we take it. Can we keep all of our guys healthy that he is working with? Can we keep building chemistry? And if we do that, then that's going to give us a really good shot to have a good year.”

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/pro-football-focus-tabs-jets-as-a-surprise-playoff-contender-in-2019

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

That's deep, man.

6-C7-CB636-D720-4833-AEEB-E39-BCF7487-B6

F6397-F11-9215-45-FA-BA19-2774-A5957332.

F21-BBBC3-0091-472-D-A217-076-BC1-B5-A32

7581-F995-B7-FB-4-C6-B-A497-D4-A8487970-

Layers.  Like the helmet, it's about layers.

I'm a fan of the green.  While the jersey and the helmet may not be exciting on their own, as components of a dynamic and exciting uniform the Jets nailed it.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, TheGoose said:

Never in my days have I seen an OTA thread, so void of info & insight on the OTA itself. 

Not really much to say.  Closed practice.  A few photo's and vid's, then get out.

One of them is open to the media

23 hours ago, section314 said:

Just a hunch, after the events of the last few days, bet these practices will be pretty intense. With everyone busting. Like I said, just a wild guess.?

I know I have been harping on this but watch the backup and depth chart battles. These UDFAs the Jets brought in play like their hair is on fire. Should be fun to watch them battle in camp and OTAs. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

F6397-F11-9215-45-FA-BA19-2774-A5957332.

F21-BBBC3-0091-472-D-A217-076-BC1-B5-A32

Layers.  Like the helmet, it's about layers.

I'm a fan of the green.  While the jersey and the helmet may not be exciting on their own, as components of a dynamic and exciting uniform the Jets nailed it.

SAR I

You know, I was a little worried about the color of the jerseys because in some of the early pics it looked like the jersey color was a tad muted compared to the helmet but in these two pick it looks like helmet and jersey match perfectly.

Well done, Jets.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

#TheSophmoreJump

That is the "thing" that will determine the '19 season.

If it doesn't happen, this team is screwed. It won't matter who the GM is, who the coaches are, or what the FA's and draft picks do. Darnold has to make that big jump forward from last year.

The kid seems to do and say all the right things, so I have a feeling he will.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

joewilly vs apache with Jet Nut showing up with the steel chair is the trainwreck of the something's just off boomer fight I think we've all been waiting for.

It's all about joewilly here on JN. His adversary might change daily, but his run ins with (insert user name here) are a constant source of entertainment.

Keep up the good work @joewilly12   :thumbup:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That is the "thing" that will determine the '19 season.

If it doesn't happen, this team is screwed. It won't matter who the GM is, who the coaches are, or what the FA's and draft picks do. Darnold has to make that big jump forward from last year.

The kid seems to do and say all the right things, so I have a feeling he will.

If he does not make the jump this year, doubt it will be due to lack of effort.  Seems like a really good kid who will do everything he can to get better.  I have confidence that he will (when have I ever siad that about a Jet QB?)

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

It's all about joewilly here on JN. His adversary might change daily, but his run ins with (insert user name here) are a constant source of entertainment.

Keep up the good work @joewilly12   :thumbup:

I mean, sure, but come on... you must recognize how this particular trifecta is something special, no?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1