OTA Thread

On 5/24/2019 at 5:05 PM, Lon chaney said:

He's tiny. But this isn't the 90s NFL. Little guys can thrive with the new rules. 

The closest comp I can think of for a Jets WR to Greg Dortch at 5'7" and 173 lbs. is Santana Moss at 5'10" and 181 lbs.  Moss was excellent and played during an era where most of the rule changes limiting the hits and protecting the WRs weren't in place yet.  I think Dortch will be fine from a size perspective.  You're never going to try to isolate him for a jump ball in the back corner of the end zone, but if you can design some plays that get him in space, quick slants/outs and other "Edelman type plays", and if he can be a returner then he may have a chance at sticking as man #52 or 53 on this team.  Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Burnett, Dortch?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

The closest comp I can think of for a Jets WR to Greg Dortch at 5'7" and 173 lbs. is Santana Moss at 5'10" and 181 lbs.  Moss was excellent and played during an era where most of the rule changes limiting the hits and protecting the WRs weren't in place yet.  I think Dortch will be fine from a size perspective.  You're never going to try to isolate him for a jump ball in the back corner of the end zone, but if you can design some plays that get him in space, quick slants/outs and other "Edelman type plays", and if he can be a returner then he may have a chance at sticking as man #52 or 53 on this team.  Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Burnett, Dortch?

Like Sproles type, out in space, try and squash the ant isn't so easy to do.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

1st 10 Questions to Be Asked at Today's Press Conference with Gase:

1. Is Bell's absence hurting the team?
  2. How do you feel about Bell's absence in light of the team massively overpaying for his contract?
  3. Have you told Chris which GM you want him to hire yet?
  4. How does Bell feel about you firing the GM who signed him?
  5. Have you spoken to Bell about the possibility of playing center?
  6. Will Bell be at Mandatory Mini Camp Next Week?
  7. How did Bell's absence impact Brexit and the recent EU Parliament Elections?
  8. You signed a linebacker yesterday, do you think this was appropriate for someone who is only "acting" GM?
  9. Quinnen Williams sat out OTA practice last week with a calf strain......do you regret drafting an injury prone player so high?
  10. Will you be willing to give up control of the roster to the new GM or will the new GM merely be your puppet and crony doing your bidding?

Perfect!

But realistically I only expect about 8 of those questions to be asked by the NY media.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Little Eddie Bell was 160 pounds back in the 70's..

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

1st 10 Questions to Be Asked at Today's Press Conference with Gase:

1. Is Bell's absence hurting the team?
  2. How do you feel about Bell's absence in light of the team massively overpaying for his contract?
  3. Have you told Chris which GM you want him to hire yet?
  4. How does Bell feel about you firing the GM who signed him?
  5. Have you spoken to Bell about the possibility of playing center?
  6. Will Bell be at Mandatory Mini Camp Next Week?
  7. How did Bell's absence impact Brexit and the recent EU Parliament Elections?
  8. You signed a linebacker yesterday, do you think this was appropriate for someone who is only "acting" GM?
  9. Quinnen Williams sat out OTA practice last week with a calf strain......do you regret drafting an injury prone player so high?
  10. Will you be willing to give up control of the roster to the new GM or will the new GM merely be your puppet and crony doing your bidding?

Instead of fussing over Bell, who will be his usual superstar self at manadatory camp and during the regular season.

They should be asking why that useless bum Trumaine Johnson isn't there.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Why?  Because he is one of the few players another team might have interest in?  In his shoes, I'd probably welcome it.  It probably has more to do with Gregg Williams being an angry scumbag. 

mosley signed, they tried to sign barr.  dealt lee.  polite is a new edge rusher.  new regime.  why would jenkins feel his spot is secure?