1 minute ago, Lith said:

I've been one of these people not so much defending Bell, but I get it - it's voluntary.  But Adams not being there bothers me.  He's supposed to be one of the leaders of this team.  Darnold's out there every day; he should be too.  Not good.

• Upvote 1

On 5/29/2019 at 11:42 AM, Apache 51 said:

Like Sproles type, out in space, try and squash the ant isn't so easy to do.

How hot was Julie Newmar as Catwoman???

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I've been one of these people not so much defending Bell, but I get it - it's voluntary.  But Adams not being there bothers me.  He's supposed to be one of the leaders of this team.  Darnold's out there every day; he should be too.  Not good.

It seems to me like 'voluntary' sessions are just asking for trouble.  Not just the Jets, but almost every team has this drama.  The NFL should move away from that.  Have a rookie camp, then have mandatory camps.  Period.

• Upvote 2

First Nathan Shepherd tweet of the offseason.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wait...what??? The OC ripped Sam's helmet off?? WTF?

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Decent chance he will be cut if he doesn’t show something. The McCagnan scholarship guys are certainly on notice 

• Butt Fumble 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

And, the final day of OTAs is underway:

Waiting to heat Sweat Georgia Brown in the background

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Nimnutz is just being a, well a Numbnutz

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

None of us have an idea why hes not there.  Hard to blame him without knowing why

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Decent chance he will be cut if he doesn’t show something. The McCagnan scholarship guys are certainly on notice 

Theres pretty much no chance hes getting cut. 

Where do you come up with this shlt

• Haha 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

None of us have an idea why hes not there.  Hard to blame him without knowing why

You are right.  Maybe it's a  personal reason.  I hope so anyway.

I like him.  I think he is a natural born leader, he's got the pedigree (sure his Dad played for the idiots, but I digress).  But if your leaders don't show, what does that say to the rest of the team?

• Upvote 2

Just now, Legend Killa7 said:

You are right.  Maybe it's a  personal reason.  I hope so anyway.

I like him.  I think he is a natural born leader, he's got the pedigree (sure his Dad played for the idiots, but I digress).  But if your leaders don't show, what does that say to the rest of the team?

Like GWilliams said in his presser, Trumaine Johnson is out for a reason that no one knows about.  Sounded important and understandable.  

I dont think there is any issue, any reason that Adams needs to prove to anyone on or off the team that hes one of the team leaders. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

How about the throw? Geezuz.

PERFECT placement!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Like GWilliams said in his presser, Trumaine Johnson is out for a reason that no one knows about.  Sounded important and understandable.  

I dont think there is any issue, any reason that Adams needs to prove to anyone on or off the team that hes one of the team leaders. 

first off:  how 'bout that Greg Willimas today, huh?  boy these new Jets are just full of surprises!  if they can coach/GM half as well as they can handle these pressers, we are in great shape.

And Adams, Darnold etc:  I don't think they need to prove anything.  Like I said, it doesn't effect you or I, but it does set an example to the rest of the team, that's all.  I, like you, think these voluntary practices are BS and should not be, but the players Union has made it so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

The best thing that could happen is this guy breaking out this year. It gives us a lot of flexibility with Leo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

I like it. Darnold isn't a china doll, and that's tough coaching. The kid has to make sure he limits turnovers. He did a much better job of that in his last couple of games last year.

But lets be honest. It's something he needs to be aware of and improve on.

45 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

first off:  how 'bout that Greg Willimas today, huh?  boy these new Jets are just full of surprises!  if they can coach/GM half as well as they can handle these pressers, we are in great shape.

And Adams, Darnold etc:  I don't think they need to prove anything.  Like I said, it doesn't effect you or I, but it does set an example to the rest of the team, that's all.  I, like you, think these voluntary practices are BS and should not be, but the players Union has made it so.

"Darnold doesn't have to prove anything..."   :dohslap:

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Theres pretty much no chance hes getting cut. 

Where do you come up with this shlt

Remember when literally everyone of you homers said this exact same thing about Ardarius Stewart?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

"Darnold doesn't have to prove anything..."   :dohslap:

context, my friend.  Prove anything by showing up....

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I like it. Darnold isn't a china doll, and that's tough coaching. The kid has to make sure he limits turnovers. He did a much better job of that in his last couple of games last year.

But lets be honest. It's something he needs to be aware of and improve on.

I get it. Maybe part of a drill just to see how he would react?

The knock on him re: turnovers coming out of college was more about fumbling than INTs. He didn't fumble much at all last year. Worked hard at keeping 2 hands on the ball.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I get it. Maybe part of a drill just to see how he would react?

The knock on him re: turnovers coming out of college was more about fumbling than INTs. He didn't fumble much at all last year. Worked hard at keeping 2 hands on the ball.

You're right about him improving with the fumbling "issue" from back in college. He did throw a bunch of ints though last year. Granted he did a lot better during the last few games.

That improvement is encouraging, it shows the kid can and wants to learn. He's far from a finished product, but like most of us, I feel a lot better with Gase and Loggins coaching him up then last years CS. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

context, my friend.  Prove anything by showing up....

Not looking to argue (I got the context), but think about it. He has a lot to prove by showing up. He's the starting QB, and he's coming off a so so rookie year, and now under a new HC and system. He might just need the reps more the anyone.

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

hope you didnt make a wee wee in your pants

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Not looking to argue (I got the context), but yeah, I think he has a lot to prove by showing up. He's the starting QB, and he's coming off a so so rookie year, and now under a new HC and system. He might just need the reps? More the anyone.

man, I can't win!!  I started with this other dude saying I thought Adams should be there as the "defense leader" and Sam for the O, and it has spiraled into this.

maybe I'm using the wrong words?  prove? needs to be there?  my point is that the O will be looking to Sam as their leader; the D will be looking to Adams as their leader.  if they don't show up, it trickles down.  Sam is in year 2, Adams in year 3 so yes they both still have a lot to prove "football-wise".  I guess technically, they don't have to "prove" anything "leadership-wise", but to me, when your leaders don't show up, why would you?

5 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Thats my OC

did he speak at the presser this AM?  I saw ST and DC, but no OC.  was he too busy beating the crap outta Darnold to talk?

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

did he speak at the presser this AM?  I saw ST and DC, but no OC.  was he too busy beating the crap outta Darnold to talk?

Yup.  He spoke.  

42 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

slap ladder GIF

YOU LEAVE DARRON LEE OUT OF THIS

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1