Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I agree.  Maybe I am reaching, but I wonder if all of the BS swirling about the team in the local and national media is helping pull the team together.  If that is the case, let Manish continue with his petty attacks on Gase, Woody and anyone else in green and white.

 

I could be wrong but I don't think they think about management etc. I think they just want to ball out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a black Luke Keuchly that i'm not aware of?

If you watch this video very closely, at about the 4 second mark, up on the 2nd level, through the glass, you can see Adam Gase sitting in the GM office, pleasuring himself to a picture of Satan

Hope our guys have a safe minicamp and OTA’s.

Posted Images

On 5/21/2019 at 5:19 PM, Jet Nut said:

1. He's done nothing on the field

2. He's hardly ever available to take the field. 

3. They drafted a TE.  And got one through FA

4. He's not a blocking TE, which they need

Injuries can wreck the depth at any position and Herndon will be out 2-4 games for his dui

Getting rid of him now wasnt because he had no talent so it could come back to bite the Jets

Got to assume Gase wanted to send a message - hope it was worth squandering the pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Injuries can wreck the depth at any position and Herndon will be out 2-4 games for his dui

Getting rid of him now wasnt because he had no talent so it could come back to bite the Jets

Got to assume Gase wanted to send a message - hope it was worth squandering the pick

So we should carry extra players just to be ready for injuries?  

Now what talent does he have that people keep talking about?  Seriously, hes shown nothing in two seasons.  

We have Herndon.  We drafted a TE.  We signed a FA TE. 

Is he better than N Sterling?

How many TEs do we need.  We have 5 on the roster.  Today.  At some point if you go through 5 TEs because of injury you just shake your head, you dont complain that we should have shortchanged another position for Leggett

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So we should carry extra players just to be ready for injuries?  

Now what talent does he have that people keep talking about?  Seriously, hes shown nothing in two seasons.  

We have Herndon.  We drafted a TE.  We signed a FA TE. 

Is he better than N Sterling?

How many TEs do we need.  We have 5 on the roster.  Today.  At some point if you go through 5 TEs because of injury you just shake your head, you dont complain that we should have shortchanged another position for Leggett

Gase runs a lot of two tight end sets .  They will keep 4 at least to start the season.  Tomlinson is a blocking tight end and will be cut unless Wesco gets injured.  Sterling is a receiver playing tight end that has has multiple concussions.  I see Herndon Wesco and the guy they signed off the Bears as making the team.  

The rest of these guys are fighting to be the fourth. Thats maybe 3 guys fighting for a slot , assuming no one was injured.  Leggett had as much talent as  them   Imo Gase decided to make an example of him for some reason

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Gase runs a lot of two tight end sets .  They will keep 4 at least to start the season.  Tomlinson is a blocking tight end and will be cut unless Wesco gets injured.  Sterling is a receiver playing tight end that has has multiple concussions.  I see Herndon Wesco and the guy they signed off the Bears as making the team.  

The rest of these guys are fighting to be the fourth. Thats maybe 3 guys fighting for a slot , assuming no one was injured.  Leggett had as much talent as  them   Imo Gase decided to make an example of him for some reason

You're arguing just to argue.  We have more than enough TEs.  We have 5.  We don't need 6, we're not going to carry the 5. 

Want to argue that we should have kept him over a different TE that would be your best bet.  To argue that we need more than 5 is silly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lith said:

I agree.  Maybe I am reaching, but I wonder if all of the BS swirling about the team in the local and national media is helping pull the team together.  If that is the case, let Manish continue with his petty attacks on Gase, Woody and anyone else in green and white.

 

I don't think you're reaching.  This is what I sense is happening too.  This team isn't going to win the SB.  They won't even win the division.

But they have two very smart,  hard-ass coaches to strategize and crack the whip.   Some label this as "combustible."   And it could be, except the Jets have Sam Darnold.  When he plays well, and he will under Gase, this team will follow and it will all come together.  

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I don't think you're reaching.  This is what I sense is happening too.  This team isn't going to win the SB.  They won't even win the division.

But they have two very smart,  hard-ass coaches to strategize and crack the whip.   Some label this as "combustible."   And it could be, except the Jets have Sam Darnold.  When he plays well, and he will under Gase, this team will follow and it will all come together.  

 

What if our OL can't protect him though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You're arguing just to argue.  We have more than enough TEs.  We have 5.  We don't need 6, we're not going to carry the 5. 

Want to argue that we should have kept him over a different TE toothache would be your best bet.  To argue that we need more than 5 is silly.

I don’t argue just to argue.   Maybe that’s your thing, I don’t know.  Anyways this is my last attempt.

I went thru it slowly but you still didn’t get it. After cutting Leggett, we have 5 guys competing for 4 slots.  Tell me one other position where we only have one more guy in camp than what we expect to roster.  

To put it in simpler terms.   They currently have 90 guys on their roster.  That’s twice the active roster.   Besides the one extra tight end, where else are we “silly” and carrying too many players.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I live out where 81 and 78 meet. KU 35 minutes from me. 

That’s I- 476.... correct? Jets in Philadelphia this year correct?

Yea.... 476.  I do believe they play the first week in October... I was planning on going to that one but I will be away at my hunting cabin for work weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Yea.... 476.  I do believe they play the first week in October... I was planning on going to that one but I will be away at my hunting cabin for work weekend.

Rarely do my "Work" weekends ever seem to meet my expectations.... Especially if there is a good fishing spot or work needing to be done around the cabin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, static14 said:

Anyone else really dig hearing Sam say the word aggressive a number of times when it comes to describing our offense?

Me too, his entire attitude is positive, ready to go, and "aggressive" comments are  supported with news of 40+ yard pass completions on day two - nice

with the drama, almost forget the Jets have an offensive (minded) coach, and will not care who he offends if we can watch this team score points at will 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lith said:

 

I love Kelechi. He is gonna keep Leo on his toes all summer. I see this being the first of many scuffles between this two. Kel isnt going to hold back from putting Leo on the floor just because its practice 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lon chaney said:

Watching that video from yesterday, first player to catch my eye was #2.  First WR in the drill at the 6 min mark.  Looked it up.  Greg Dortch.  Jets might have found something :-k

i chatted with him at the taste of the jets.  very nice guy.  extremely small.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I'm from Northampton - married a Whitehall girl. Her cousin is the superintendent of Parkland school district.

That’s awesome. I just got my K-4 cert. Help a Jets fan out 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, MichaelScott said:

I love Kelechi. He is gonna keep Leo on his toes all summer. I see this being the first of many scuffles between this two. Kel isnt going to hold back from putting Leo on the floor just because its practice 

I know this is nuts since it's only OTA's, but the first thing that this reminded me of was the story Parcell's told about the week of practice leading up to the Super Bowl with Buffalo. He thought the team was just practicing terribly, so he called LT over and told him to start a fight after the next play, to "get these guys going." He did, I think it was with Jumbo, and all hell broke loose. It worked, and supposedly, the rest of that practice, and the next couple were the best of the year.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1st 10 Questions to Be Asked at Today's Press Conference with Gase:

  1. Is Bell's absence hurting the team?
  2. How do you feel about Bell's absence in light of the team massively overpaying for his contract?
  3. Have you told Chris which GM you want him to hire yet?
  4. How does Bell feel about you firing the GM who signed him?
  5. Have you spoken to Bell about the possibility of playing center?
  6. Will Bell be at Mandatory Mini Camp Next Week?
  7. How did Bell's absence impact Brexit and the recent EU Parliament Elections?
  8. You signed a linebacker yesterday, do you think this was appropriate for someone who is only "acting" GM?
  9. Quinnen Williams sat out OTA practice last week with a calf strain......do you regret drafting an injury prone player so high?
  10. Will you be willing to give up control of the roster to the new GM or will the new GM merely be your puppet and crony doing your bidding?
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...