Gase not done yet: Adds WR Deonte Thompson

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Well that's the Legget spot. I guess he see's more potential for an often cut WR than the TE.  He has KR potential too so there's that. We've done a nice job of adding a lot of guys who could fill that role. We will see a nice robust competition for our return duties this year which will be fun to see. 

This is amazing. I guess Gase is on his Honey Moon here. 

He added a Punter, one of only a few positions on the roster where we have a legit NFL quality player.

He cut a 3rd or 4th string TE

He added a WR that couldn't even stick on that juggernaut in Buffalo

Trade away a Mac first rounder who never panned out for a garbage pick

And he cut a scout who was probably the last guy that had any say in anything.  

We are set I tell ya. Super Bowl here we come. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Something I've been meaning to tell you guys for a while now......

I am not Manish Mehta.

You're Cimini? 

3 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Just a punt returner.

That has never returned a punt in 6 years in the league on 3 different teams? I am pretty sure that he has only returned kicks in the NFL.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Shocked he’s still in the league 

Me too.  Speed keeps guys around.  I think he had a decent year when the Bears had all those WR injuries.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

Adam is taking his job very seriously as an interim GM.

As an FYI to mods, if you want to merge these Adam Gase transactions into other threads to streamline it like our scouting department, then please go ahead. ;)

I think it should be put into a help Manish troll Gase and the Jets while getting as many clicks off of nonsense moves he complains that Gase made

These moves are not inconsistent with Gase's statements that he does not want to be involved with roster development. As interim GM he has to do the GM's job at least to some degree which means roster moves the team would have made with a GM still need to be made. I strongly suspect as well that many of these moves are collateral to Mac's discharge as part of unwinding what they considered to be bad moves/moves that needed to be made during the offseason. We don't know how many of these changes are Gase making decisions versus the organization making decisions or some combination. 

People obsessing over Gase adding a punter and longshot WR, trading a backup LB that everyone wanted traded, and dumping a useless TE.

If he trades Sam Darnold, I'll start to worry. Until then, this is just roster fringe tinkering and very low-level stuff.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Nixhead said:

You gotta think that Gase knows what he needs as far as players to make his roster better than Mac did. 

yep.  leggett was fourth or fifth banana on a team with the position pretty much already filled.  and if he wasn't in shape during the voluntaries theres just little logic in keeping him around.

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

These moves are not inconsistent with Gase's statements that he does not want to be involved with roster development. As interim GM he has to do the GM's job at least to some degree which means roster moves the team would have made with a GM still need to be made. I strongly suspect as well that many of these moves are collateral to Mac's discharge as part of unwinding what they considered to be bad moves/moves that needed to be made during the offseason. We don't know how many of these changes are Gase making decisions versus the organization making decisions or some combination. 

maybe these decisions were already in the process of being made when mac was launched.  lee was being shopped overtly before the draft.  there's no mystery that he was traded.  maybe you can argue the price but not the action.  and it's not like gase is undoing the oline or trying to rewrite bell's contract.