The events from the last week have me feeling ___________

Excited. For once, finally, there will be a strategical shift towards building the offense, and you know, scoring points. I’m referring to this occurring over the next few offseasons of course, since the roster is pretty much set in place for 2019.

We might even see an attempt to put an adequate offensive line in place now that Mike ****ing Maccagnan is gone. 

Expecting great things for Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Like the media overblows anything that can be taken as negative when it comes to NYJ

Yes, it's the media's fault!  And clearly the fact that EVERY journalist condemned the Jets just proves how bad they are!  It's obvious they meet on a regular basis to plan out how they are going to destroy this bastion of an organization.  Clearly Greenie, a like-long Jets fan, has an axe to grind with the Jets.  Clearly he doesn't want to be happy.  The media are; stupid, jealous, hateful, Russian spies, kleptomaniacal, supercilious, bloviating douchebags.  And those are their good qualities!

Despite what the media say, I'm making plans to be in Miami on February 2, 2020!

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Manish is unspooling today and trying to gin up fake internet outrage toward Gase. To the fans’ credit, nobody is taking the bait this time except for the ultra-dimwits like posters whose screen names rhyme with Pac k.

It's Pahhhc...  Like Tupac..  you fool.

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Yes, it's the media's fault!  And clearly the fact that EVERY journalist condemned the Jets just proves how bad they are!  It's obvious they meet on a regular basis to plan out how they are going to destroy this bastion of an organization.  Clearly Greenie, a like-long Jets fan, has an axe to grind with the Jets.  Clearly he doesn't want to be happy.  The media are; stupid, jealous, hateful, Russian spies, kleptomaniacal, supercilious, bloviating douchebags.  And those are their good qualities!

Despite what the media say, I'm making plans to be in Miami on February 2, 2020!

Lmao sir put the gun down and let your family go. You’re seriously gonna sit there and act like these reporters haven’t been over blowing everything?! They posted articles about trading Bell LMAO, Connor Hughes is acting like Gase euthanized his dog, Gase fires a scout and Manish drags him again. It’s getting old 

How do I feel?

Just fine thanks.

Maccagnan was an empty suit who didn't have a plan...and even if he DID have a plan, he wouldn't have been decisive enough to implement it.  When you recognize a mistake, correct it and move on IMO.

Sure, Gase is making some relatively 'minor' moves in different areas to let every aspect of the 'team' both players and even FO/scouts etc that we're moving forward, so either get onboard or get out.  Successful people by and large don't sit on mistakes hoping they 'one day' will work out..they recognize them and deal with them when recognized.

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Spoken like a true dictator, when can we expect the Announcement of your hiring as the new GM?

He ALWAYS disagreed with anything Macc did. Love to see him in charge now where HE has to make a decision.

5 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

like we're back to square one with no direction known.

Au contraire....at least we know we're not headed down Maccs 'direction' and that's a start.

Pair Gase with a like-minded GM and have two guys pulling in the same direction for a change, and let's see what happens.

I know some do not like the optics or the process (since Gase is already here) of having a coach and then having him have a say in the GM hiring, but the most important thing is that either you hire one guy that can do it all (GM and Coach) or you have to have the two be on the same page regardless of how the arrangement is made.

Hire a GM and let him pick the coach...or hire a coach and let him assist in hiring the GM...what's the difference in the Woody/Chris 'leadership arrangement' they employ where each report to them?

I'm willing to give it a shot in this arrangement with Gase....but If I had my choice, I would have hired a football guy as the 'head of football ops' mid-season last year when the season went south and fired Macc and Bowles both at the end of the season and let him run things.

But Macc needed to go.

• Sympathy 1