Nick Bosa injures hamstring during OTA

Sucks for him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/21/nick-bosa-injures-hamstring-at-ota/

Rookie defensive lineman Nick Bosa injured his right hamstring during Tuesday’s organized team activity.

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan confirmed the injury but was uncertain of the severity, Matt Maiocco of NBCSportsBayArea.com reports.

Bosa, the No. 2 overall pick, pulled up during one-on-one pass-rushing drills and walked off with a slight limp. He did not finish practice or take part in a conditioning run at the end of practice.

Bosa’s injury history was something of a concern for some NFL scouts during the pre-draft process. He played only three games last season at Ohio State after injuring a core muscle and underwent surgery on both sides to repair torn muscles.

He also tore an ACL in high school.

25 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sucks for him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/05/21/nick-bosa-injures-hamstring-at-ota/

Rookie defensive lineman Nick Bosa injured his right hamstring during Tuesday’s organized team activity.

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan confirmed the injury but was uncertain of the severity, Matt Maiocco of NBCSportsBayArea.com reports.

Bosa, the No. 2 overall pick, pulled up during one-on-one pass-rushing drills and walked off with a slight limp. He did not finish practice or take part in a conditioning run at the end of practice.

Bosa’s injury history was something of a concern for some NFL scouts during the pre-draft process. He played only three games last season at Ohio State after injuring a core muscle and underwent surgery on both sides to repair torn muscles.

whoops.  gotta stretch, Nicky

5 minutes ago, static14 said:

Do roids make your tendons shrivel up?

Pretty well-documented that long-term anabolic steroid use leads to significantly increased incidence in tendon rupture. You can argue the definition of long-term, but there is a very real link between anabolic steroid use and tendon rupture. 

Yup. That’s why I had him below Brian Burns and Josh Allen. Can’t impact the game from the sidelines.

It’s just one day and hopefully it’s not a big deal, but I think we dodged a bullet. No doubt in my mind he was at the top Macc’s big board. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, static14 said:

Do roids make your tendons shrivel up?

Anabolic steroid-induced tendon pathology: a review of the literature.

Abstract

Anabolic steroids have attained a prominent, albeit highly controversial, position among ergogenic aids for power athletes. Adverse effects of these compounds are well documented, but their popularity persists. One of their possible side effects which has received little attention is abnormal form and function of connective tissue in steroid-abusing athletes. Scientific and medical literature addressing this concern is scant and is generally limited to observed effects in animals. Anabolic steroid use paralleled with exercise may lead to dysplasia of collagen fibrils, which can decrease the tensile strength of tendon. Changes in tendon's crimp morphology have been shown to occur, as well, which may alter the rupturing strain of tendon and the normal biomechanics of the extremities. Given the megadoses of steroids taken by some athletes and the large forces incurred by power-trained musculature, the integrity of tendinous tissue in these athletes may be at significant risk of compromise if steroids do, in fact, exert a destructive effect. Additional investigation in the area reviewed here is warranted before anabolic steroids can be decisively implicated in human connective tissue disruption. It is recommended, however, that consideration be given to including potential tissue alterations among the side effects of steroid abuse.

PMID:
[Indexed for MEDLINE]

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

whoops.  gotta stretch, Nicky

Studies show that stretching/not stretching doesn't have a significant impact on injury. The greatest increase of injury came from someone who regularly stretches or whom regularly doesn't stretch doing the opposite. 

The study doesn't go into the effect on performance or anything else though.

44 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Studies show that stretching/not stretching doesn't have a significant impact on injury. The greatest increase of injury came from someone who regularly stretches or whom regularly doesn't stretch doing the opposite. 

The study doesn't go into the effect on performance or anything else though.

there you go. spent the off season not stretching. :)

Interior offensive and defensive lineman need to be powerful more then anything  Offensive tackles need to be strong but also good athletes. 

Other then the above, every NFL player should be focused more on functional strength and flexibility over everything else.  The Bosa's are workout guys, but given how ideal their bodies are for DE, they should be doing yoga and pilates as much as they lift if not more.

Im happy we didnt have to take him

Sucks for him.

Don’t want to read too much into this but this is why I didn’t want to draft this guy. And if he fell Macc likely would have taken him. He could be a star but I think he will be a disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Don’t want to read too much into this but this is why I didn’t want to draft this guy. And if he fell Macc likely would have taken him. He could be a star but I think he will be a disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Right. I think everyone would rather see a guy like this actually play. But come on. This guy has had two season ending injuries already.  Pulling up on the first day is not a good sign and why many of us did not want to take the bait with this guy.  Hope he get better and plays. 

• Upvote 1