Jordan Legget claimed by Tampa

Hardly a big deal. We weren't going to carry 5 TEs...Is there really anyone we have on the roster right now that would likely be in danger of being cut in order to keep Leggett? Cutting players isn't a bad thing if you already have better players as replacements.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Replaces McCoy and is the 5-6th TE on the roster but wait, word is they are finalizing a deal with Suh so clock is already ticking

more fuel for the dumpster fire in Tampa

I find it interesting that Suh is signing with the Bucs.  Wonder when the story about the Jets trying to sign Suh was all because Bowles wanted him not Macc before CJ came in and shut down those talks.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Gotcha. So you have labeled a guy who's played one full year a JAG. Ever heard of guys learning the NFL game and improving through coaching and all of that?  TO be clear, I don't really care all that much. The point is he will certainly make a roster and I would argue that he has much more upside than Thomlinson who blows, and Sterling who will most likely be out with concussions again. We have Herndon, the scrub Gase likes and a Rookie basically. 

Truth is I am big on Wesco and this helps him get on the field so I'm ok. But come on already. 

More to the point 14 catches over two seasons means he hasn't proven a thing in this league.  Also a player with more missed games than starts, more missed games than catches over two seasons.  

I really haven heard of an overwhelming number of players who don't produce for 2 seasons becoming a starting TE.  Especially over a Herndon and a draft pick who is a nasty blocker.  Leggett is a soft receiving TE who hasn't been healthy enough or who catches enough to be held onto as the 4th TE.  He can easily be replaced with a TE that every NFL team has at the 4th spot. That's all, no big deal, we don't agree.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

I find it interesting that Suh is signing with the Bucs.  Wonder when the story about the Jets trying to sign Suh was all because Bowles wanted him not Macc before CJ came in and shut down those talks.

CJ decided to pull out and Jets fans reveled in the idea that Suh turned us down.  

18 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im on my phone and I cant post it, but Manish put up on twitter that 5 teams put a claim on Leggett, not just Tampa.

On Wednesday morning, ESPN's Field Yates reported that the Pittsburgh Steelers, Buffalo Bills, Green Bay Packers, and Tennessee Titans each placed a claim on Leggett, who bounced back last season after missing his entire rookie season with a knee injury. The Buccaneers were ultimately able to acquire because they had the highest waiver wire order priority. 

• Upvote 2

No idea how hard Leggett works or if he’s in tremendous shape, but calling him fat is kind of silly. We used to walk our dogs around the same area - has as much of a basketball player build as he does a football player build if you see him on the street.

Leggett is 24 year old TE, who missed his entire rookie season because of injury. Last year he played in every game, blocked well, and was rarely targeted in the passing game. To cut him, at this point, and keep Tomlinson and Sterling, is nonsensical. For people on this board to judge him as a failure after 1 year of NFL service makes no sense to me. I'm not saying Leggett has a chance to be a major contributor, but a quality TE, in two tight end sets. Maybe.

31 minutes ago, genot said:

Leggett is 24 year old TE, who missed his entire rookie season because of injury. Last year he played in every game, blocked well, and was rarely targeted in the passing game. To cut him, at this point, and keep Tomlinson and Sterling, is nonsensical. For people on this board to judge him as a failure after 1 year of NFL service makes no sense to me. I'm not saying Leggett has a chance to be a major contributor, but a quality TE, in two tight end sets. Maybe.

Sterling is a better receiver than Leggett.  Tomlinson is a better blocker.  So is Wesco.  And we know zip about his work ethic.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Sterling is a better receiver than Leggett.  Tomlinson is a better blocker.  So is Wesco.  And we know zip about his work ethic.

Tomlinson is a penalty machine. A drive killer. Sterling is a concussion waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, genot said:

Tomlinson is a penalty machine. A drive killer. Sterling is a concussion waiting to happen.

Is Leggett a b etter blokker that Tomlinson?  Is he a better receiver than Sterling?  None of these guys might be here after TC, but mediocritty is not a good reson to keep a guy. Gase has no use for him.  Plain and simple.

38 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Is Leggett a b etter blokker that Tomlinson?  Is he a better receiver than Sterling?  None of these guys might be here after TC, but mediocritty is not a good reson to keep a guy. Gase has no use for him.  Plain and simple.

Im cool with your opinion. At 24, we might not have seen the best of Leggett. With the other two, we have. Leggett had more catches last year, than Sterling has had in the last two.

15 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Ross tucker using the jets for attention for his podcast and xm morning show . He is one of the guys pushing the whole “I feel sorry for jets fans “ angle . While making every move the jets do into big deal even though there bottom of the roster Moves no one cares about . But yeah keep going crazy media loves the jets fans ..