After Jets fire Maccagnan, trade Darron Lee, cut Jordan Leggett (after recently firing Todd Bowles)...fans still not sure if they should be happy!?!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

If we take it for a fact that Todd Bowles was a weak head coach and Mike Maccagnan was a lousy GM, how exactly did the Jets go from a 4-12 rebuilding team to an 8-8 caliber squad that prized free agents, coaches, and coordinators want to work for?

Nah, can't be our CEO.  Can't be that.  So what's your theory?  Maccagnan was the second coming of Brian Cashman?  Bowles was Bill Belichick and we didn't see the signs?

SAR I

Prized free agents - came for the money.  Nothing else.  They didn't come because of Chris Johnson.

Coaches - seriously?  No one else wanted Gase.  And for good reason.  Which coaches were banging down the door to work for Chris Johnson?

Coordinators - Which coordinators were pining to come to work for the Jets? 

We live in different universes.

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Grown men doing long-form essays exploring their feelings and whatnot. Something to see/pussification of America but ok. 

Don't tell me to get off your lawn young man.

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, tuffhand said:

Until we see the results, i.e. wins, there is no way of knowing if we are in better shape.

Also, we are supposed to overlook CJ's incompetence from May 2017 to May 2019, because he's "growing"?

What is he, a 60 year old plant? Then again..

60 is young for an NFL owner, most of them are pushing 80.

Mr. Johnson was not incompetent, he was new at his job.  He let Bowles and Maccagnan do their jobs because he wasn't qualified to interfere at that time.  Here 2 seasons in, guess what, he knows what he's doing and he's asserting himself.  Got the HC he wanted.  Got the DC he wanted.  Got the FA's he wanted.  Got the draft he wanted.  And, most importantly, he flushed the potheads and the malcontents off the roster and the slowpokes out of the front office.  Culture change.  Long overdue.

SAR I

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

So Chris Johnson made the football decision to sign free agents???  If that’s the case we’re in even worse shape!  Are you completely delusional???  

My ticket prices have gone UP since 2010.  You’re entitled to your own opinion but you’re not entitled to your own facts.

I unfollowed you, Mehta.  If you lost me you're going to lose a lot more.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson was not incompetent, he was new at his job.  He let Bowles and Maccagnan do their jobs because he wasn't qualified to interfere at that time.  Here 2 seasons in, guess what, he knows what he's doing and he's asserting himself.  Got the HC he wanted.  Got the DC he wanted.  Got the FA's he wanted.  Got the draft he wanted.  And, most importantly, he flushed the potheads and the malcontents off the roster and the slowpokes out of the front office.  Culture change.  Long overdue.

SAR I

He fired 3 people, traded one and cut one.  Something tells me that there are more potheads, malcontents and slowpokes involved with this team. 

1 hour ago, rammagen said:

I wont be sad or upset but dont be upset if the reverse happens and we are not playing in Jan. Odds are the dysfunction we are seeing is symptomatic and spread into the season

What you witnessed last week was the cleansing of the dysfunction.  We have a single voice now.  We have a decision-maker who is decisive and has a strategy.  It's what those numbskulls have been screaming for since 2012.

Two guys running two halves of the organization don't see eye to eye.  We got rid of one of them.  The worse one.  The less important one.  Sure, we might not have a playoff season, but we repaired the front office last week and that's a critical step towards being the one team in the AFC East to be ready to dominate when B&B retire.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

To be fair, you also think people who don't go to games aren't fans either.

Well, except for when you sell your own tickets, then it's ok, because reasons.

What I keep wondering is why some folks seem to need to validate their own "optimism" by mandating that everyone else must be equally optimistic, and feel it's important to attack and demean anyone with any criticism of any kind.  

Because there is a time to be pessimistic and a time to read the tea leaves and become optimistic.

I've been as sarcastic and down on the Jets in recent years as I've ever been going back to the Kotite era.  Things are different now.  Bowles and Maccagnan are gone.  Gase, a qualified HC with experience and from the offensive side of the ball is here.  Mosely, Osemele, Bell, are onboard.  Adams and Darnold are young leaders. 

This isn't the time for SOJ victim behavior.  This is the time to come out of the rebuilding darkness and take a seat at the grownup table.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Grown men doing long-form essays exploring their feelings and whatnot. Something to see/pussification of America but ok. 

You, as leader of the SOJ Victim Brigade, need to consider cutting back on the sarcasm and negativity.

You're my second-favorite poster on JN, but just like the fans in the real world, we have a cultural problem in this forum and leaders like you need to man up, take your Jamal Adams pills, and demand a throng of dogs, not puss**s,

You with me?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because there is a time to be pessimistic and a time to read the tea leaves and become optimistic.

"Boy, firing Macc now, after FA and the Draft, is pretty odd.  We should have fired him sooner, right?"

"WHY AREN'T YOU BEING AS OPTIMISTIC AS ME, REEEEEEE NOTEVENAFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I've been as sarcastic and down on the Jets in recent years as I've ever been going back to the Kotite era.  Things are different now.  Bowles and Maccagnan are gone.  Gase, a qualified HC with experience and from the offensive side of the ball is here.  Mosely, Osemele, Bell, are onboard.  Adams and Darnold are young leaders. 

There is no need to prejudge how things will be.  We'll see it for ourselves soon enough.  We certainly have reason to believe we will improve.  Do we have reason to believe this is now a championship-capable organization.......I'd say the facts to support that are not in evidence, as yet.

This isn't the time for SOJ victim behavior.  This is the time to come out of the rebuilding darkness and take a seat at the grownup table.

SAR I

Why? 

Does it make any difference what fans say on an internet forum?  Will we lose an extra three games in 2019 if not enough fans are "optimistic" in May?

46 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

If that's your rationale and what you want to believe, fine. I can't wait until he grows up. 

8 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Hired psychopathic head coach with history of destroying teams and because Payton manning says he is coool.

Fires gm after draft but more importantly after hireing head coach who now will get paired with a gm who will not have the ability to bring his own guy in (cause that worked well for us last time)

Gives psychopathic head coach control over roster so he can trade away or cut all the players as he sees fit.

Allows information to come out that psychopathic head coach never wanted the top free agents we acquired and does not think they are worth what we paid them.

You guys are right this organization is killing it.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

.I don't want to hear a word out of you here if this team has success this year. Gase has a history of destroying teams? Explain? Mccagnon got fired, doesn't matter the timing, it was meant to be.  Gase never said he didn't want the FA's, he was only concerned with the cost. If you are such a pessimist about this team, at least state facts, instead of innuendos, I don't know about the rest of the people in here, but I for one am sick of hearing unsubstantiated dribble from the haters.

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Prized free agents - came for the money.  Nothing else.  They didn't come because of Chris Johnson.

Coaches - seriously?  No one else wanted Gase.  And for good reason.  Which coaches were banging down the door to work for Chris Johnson?

Coordinators - Which coordinators were pining to come to work for the Jets? 

We live in different universes.

Bait not taken, Mannish.

I unfollowed you on Instagram.  Imagine that.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Would you be happier if we had Fitz or McCown still or a soon to be (August), 22 year old kid who led the entire league in QBR the last quarter of the season.

Would you be happier with Stevan Ridley at RB or Le'veon Bell, literally the best offensive free agent in football & only 27 years old? 

Would you be happier if we kept Lee at MLB instead of signing the best Defensive free agent in the draft, a 4 time pro bowler in Mosely? 

Would you be happier with Kearse still here instead of Jamison Crowder? How about Buster Skrine instead of Poole? 

Did you know that Trumaine Johnsons DC was once Gregg Williams? 

Did you know that before Ty Montgomery fumbled that kickoff that pissed Mike McCarthy off, he filled in at RB (running between the tackles), RB to the outside & caught 44 balls out of the backfield just 2 short years ago & he's still only 26 years old. 

Also Quinnen Williams was reported by MANY to have some of the best college tape at DT since Aaron Donald? The 49ers taking Bosa was probably the best thing that could happen to us. 

I just find it hard to not get excited about this upcoming season. We have leaders on the sideline, a leader at QB, on the Dline, at LB, at safety. It's like a complete culture change. Guys will want to show up for camp here & be part of this upward trend for the team. Like Sam Darnold was asked after being drafted, Sam, what can we expect from you? "A LOT OF WINS!"

And I believe him & can believe in the team as a whole with Bowles & Macc jettisoned.

So, this is all CJ's good work and we should just overlook the last two years because he's a youngster who was learning on the job, an intern as it were, and ownership is not the Jets problem. Wow!

30 minutes ago, Warfish said:

"Boy, firing Macc now, after FA and the Draft, is pretty odd.  We should have fired him sooner, right?"

"WHY AREN'T YOU BEING AS OPTIMISTIC AS ME, REEEEEEE NOTEVENAFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If you owned a restaurant and only had one cook would you fire him the week before Thanksgiving or be smart and wait until after the holidays and it's the slow season?  Asking for a friend.

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There is no need to prejudge how things will be.  We'll see it for ourselves soon enough.  We certainly have reason to believe we will improve.  Do we have reason to believe this is now a championship-capable organization.......I'd say the facts to support that are not in evidence, as yet.

To clarify:  I said we are no longer in the 'rebuilding' category.  We are also not in the 'championship-caliber' category.  We're in the 'building' category.  Adding pieces through the draft and aggressively in free agency so as to try to eke out a playoff berth this year and go for the playoffs next year.  We are ahead of schedule in this regard.  It took the Buffalo Bills 30 years to get to this point.  The Johnson Brothers did it in 3.

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why? 

Does it make any difference what fans say on an internet forum?  Will we lose an extra three games in 2019 if not enough fans are "optimistic" in May?

Just like I didn't like being associated with and defined by Fireman Ed, I don't want to be defined by our new self-serving human mascot, The SOJ Victim.  Joe Beningo doesn't represent me and I resent the savants who think he speaks the truth and follow him off the cliff.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

.I don't want to hear a word out of you here if this team has success this year. Gase has a history of destroying teams? Explain? Mccagnon got fired, doesn't matter the timing, it was meant to be.  Gase never said he didn't want the FA's, he was only concerned with the cost. If you are such a pessimist about this team, at least state facts, instead of innuendos, I don't know about the rest of the people in here, but I for one am sick of hearing unsubstantiated dribble from the haters.
How do you think the half of the forum felt about all the Macc hate? Gase has not proven to be successful in anything if he ends up making the playoffs this year I would be the first to give him credit but until he proves otherwise I am entitled to my concerns. If you don't want to read about peoples concerns when it comes to their sports team maybe don't join a forum which is focused on said sports team?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, tuffhand said:

If that's your rationale and what you want to believe, fine. I can't wait until he grows up. 

What evidence is there that Christopher Johnson is acting like a child?  Was he caught in a rub-n-tug in Florida?  Some workplace misconduct in North Carolina?

His brother took off for London and dumped the family business in his lap.  He's learning.  And I think there is evidence since January that he's blossoming.  The Jets are better today than we were in January.  And that's thanks to Mr. Johnson.  Show some respect.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

How do you think the half of the forum felt about all the Macc hate? Gase has not proven to be successful in anything if he ends up making the playoffs this year I would be the first to give him credit but until he proves otherwise I am entitled to my concerns. If you don't want to read about peoples concerns when it comes to their sports team maybe don't join a forum which is focused on said sports team?

The tiebreaker is this is a FAN forum.  By definition, it means people who loyally support a team.  You're supposed to err on the side of optimism sometimes.  It's allowed.  You're supposed to see through the media's assassination of Christopher Johnson because he made them look foolish and they're seeking retribution.  It's allowed.  You're supposed to get excited about some of the biggest playmakers the team has recruited in a decade.  It's allowed.

Drop the negativity and get excited about the Jets.  What you wanted is all in place.  Boo hoo a crappy GM was let go in an unconventional month and the media pounces on it to generate revenue and you're getting teased by your Giants fan friends.  Grow up.

SAR I 

• Thumb Down 1

I was looking at tickets for @ Jacksonville since I'm now only 2 & 1/2 hours away.

Holy Sh*t you can get incredible seats there for short money! Jets defense is gonna kick the sh*t of flat footed Foles without that Eagles line in front of him. Bortles literally ran that team into the playoffs in 2017 with his legs, Foles? Uh, I don't see him rambling out of the pocket much. 

Jets have an incredible schedule if they can come out of the gate hot. Fill Sam with some confidence, let Le'veon take some of the pressure off, get him the ball back in great field position, plus some easy swing passes to TY giving Bell a breather & the Jets could be wearing out opposing LBs. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If you owned a restaurant and only had one cook would you fire him the week before Thanksgiving or be smart and wait until after the holidays and it's the slow season?  Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend that I'd fire the guy six months before Thanksgiving, and hire a 5-star Michelin chef to replace him early enough that Thanksgiving would be just freekin' sweet. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

To clarify:  I said we are no longer in the 'rebuilding' category.  We are also not in the 'championship-caliber' category.  We're in the 'building' category.  Adding pieces through the draft and aggressively in free agency so as to try to eke out a playoff berth this year and go for the playoffs next year.  We are ahead of schedule in this regard.  It took the Buffalo Bills 30 years to get to this point.  The Johnson Brothers did it in 3.

Yup, when I think about the Jets, ahead of schedule and the greatness of the Johnson brothers is definitely what I think too.  You really nailed it SAR.  I really with you had a newsletter I could subscribe to each week.....

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Just like I didn't like being associated with and defined by Fireman Ed, I don't want to be defined by our new self-serving human mascot, The SOJ Victim.  Joe Beningo doesn't represent me and I resent the savants who think he speaks the truth and follow him off the cliff.

SAR I

Which means absolutely nothing, tbqh.  No one cares about you or who/what youw ant to be associated with, anymore than they care about me not wanting to be associated with empty-headed flip-flopping homers who now think Gase and his google eyes are god's gift to QB guru'ing.

Guess we all have to just suffer the stupidity of our fellow fans.  Or, as you put, non-fans by the SAR Metric of Correct Fanhood.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The tiebreaker is this is a FAN forum.  By definition, it means people who loyally support a team.  You're supposed to err on the side of optimism sometimes.  It's allowed.  You're supposed to see through the media's assassination of Christopher Johnson because he made them look foolish and they're seeking retribution.  It's allowed.  You're supposed to get excited about some of the biggest playmakers the team has recruited in a decade.  It's allowed.

Drop the negativity and get excited about the Jets.  What you wanted is all in place.  Boo hoo a crappy GM was let go in an unconventional month and the media pounces on it to generate revenue and you're getting teased by your Giants fan friends.  Grow up.

SAR I 

I'll disagree with you on your definition of what is required from a fan.

Fans must root for their team to win on gameday.  Period, the end.  That's the only requirement I have for being a fan.

Everything else is preference, and no one cares about what your (or my) preference is.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

You, as leader of the SOJ Victim Brigade, need to consider cutting back on the sarcasm and negativity.

You're my second-favorite poster on JN, but just like the fans in the real world, we have a cultural problem in this forum and leaders like you need to man up, take your Jamal Adams pills, and demand a throng of dogs, not puss**s,

You with me?

SAR I

Thank you for the kind words, SAR. I'm rather fond of your posts as well. That said, you are a despicable corporate shill and a neo-capitalist tumor on the ass of this fanbase. Your fake populist spiel is undone, with great prejudice, by your unerring willingness to defend the Brothers Johnson and their insidious PSL racket. In short, you are compromised to the point of being an animatronic puppet of a disgraced Johnson family regime. As such, I will continue to side with the people, speak up for the people, and lead the people against the interests you so vigorously defend at every turn, and your kind will face our proletariat rage. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure whether they should buck the trend of perennially complaining about their team, Jets fans seem to be fundamentally confused  about whether it’s acceptable to be satisfied that the team has made at least six of the changes they have begged for the past 12 months.

Faced with the confusion of getting at least 6 things that they’ve been asking for the past year, Jets fans continue to search for things to complain about. Despite their favorite football team firing coach Todd Bowles, firing GM Mike Maccagnan, trading Darron Lee, hiring an offensive head coach and bringing offensive weapons such as Le’Veon Bell to the team for their young quarterback, Sam Darnold, Jets fans continue to keep their hands in their pockets, unable to clap, and search effortlessly for new things to complain about.

Next up - Gase is crazy, Manish and the media are correct, the owner’s family had issues, and we cannot handle a coach making changes that suit his scheme and outlook!  The signing of a second punter and a fifth wide receiver are the latest fuel for the fire against the head coach of the team. 

Also, this needed a new thread because every thought apparently needs a new thread. ?

What will the Jets record be in 2019?

If you tell me it'll be a solid, competitive, 9-7, 10-6, maybe better, I'll HAPPILY be HAPPY.

Anything less, and you'll have to explain what exactly I'm supposed to be happy about.  It's supposed to be about winning.....isn't it?

So are guaranteeing me that the Gase-led Jets will be a 10 win team in 2019?  Or are you not as happy as you claim to be?

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

What you witnessed last week was the cleansing of the dysfunction.  We have a single voice now.  We have a decision-maker who is decisive and has a strategy.  It's what those numbskulls have been screaming for since 2012.

Two guys running two halves of the organization don't see eye to eye.  We got rid of one of them.  The worse one.  The less important one.  Sure, we might not have a playoff season, but we repaired the front office last week and that's a critical step towards being the one team in the AFC East to be ready to dominate when B&B retire.

SAR I

And we wait impatiently for them to hire the 2nd guy to run the other half of the organization.

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you for the kind words, SAR. I'm rather fond of your posts as well. That said, you are a despicable corporate shill and a neo-capitalist tumor on the ass of this fanbase. Your fake populist spiel is undone, with great prejudice, by your unerring willingness to defend the Brothers Johnson and their insidious PSL racket. In short, you are compromised to the point of being an animatronic puppet of a disgraced Johnson family regime. As such, I will continue to side with the people, speak up for the people, and lead the people against the interests you so vigorously defend at every turn, and your kind will face our proletariat rage. 

Ooo, ohhhh, ohhh, do me next, do me next! \\:D/  

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What will the Jets record be in 2019?

If you tell me it'll be a solid, competitive, 9-7, 10-6, maybe better, I'll HAPPILY be HAPPY.

Anything less, and you'll have to explain what exactly I'm supposed to be happy about.  It's supposed to be about winning.....isn't it?

So are guaranteeing me that the Gase-led Jets will be a 10 win team in 2019?  Or are you not as happy as you claim to be?

lol  On a scale of 0 to 16, exactly how happy did I claim to be?

I want to win just as badly as you do.  There were zero indications that even with the drafting of Sam Darnold this team was going to magically course-correct and bounce to 9 or 10 wins under Bowles and Maccagnan.  From that standpoint I'm simply happy that the Jets didn't stand still, didn't just tweak the coaching staff or front office, but that they've now finally gone with a full-blown regime change that is starting to trickle down to the roster.

I don't know if HC Gase and GM (insert name) will have this team in the playoffs in 2019, 2020 or beyond but what I would guarantee is that we weren't going to get there by continuing with the status quo, jogging on the treadmill at the same speed and with the same leadership we've had for 4 years.  Gase is a jolt to the system.  This team needed it IMO.  It was like when loudmouth Rex came in and shook things up, calling out New England in his first presser and the ole "take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours."  It changed the culture and woke up the team.  Who knows, maybe Gase turns into a bit of a train wreck like Rex did towards the end of his stint here, but for now, the players are on notice and Gase is throwing the dead weight overboard (or to Kansas City).

If I had to guess at a record in 2019, I'd probably go with 9-7.  I think we've got a solid set of thumpers on Defense and better coaching with G Williams.  I think we have a QB that could really breakout under Adam Gase and who finally has some legit weapons.  I think 9 is a fair expectation.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

lol  On a scale of 0 to 16, exactly how happy did I claim to be?

Happy enough to denounce those who aren't as happy as you, seems like.

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If I had to guess at a record in 2019, I'd probably go with 9-7.  I think we've got a solid set of thumpers on Defense and better coaching with G Williams.  I think we have a QB that could really breakout under Adam Gase and who finally has some legit weapons.  I think 9 is a fair expectation.

Ok, great.  I too would be pretty happy with 9 wins and a few close loses.

As soon as we get there, I promise, I'll be happy.  

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

So I'm guessing those from the Greatest Generation would look up to the grown man with over 50,000 posts on a message board as a "foxhole type of guy"....

• Upvote 1