After Jets fire Maccagnan, trade Darron Lee, cut Jordan Leggett (after recently firing Todd Bowles)...fans still not sure if they should be happy!?!

On 5/22/2019 at 1:53 PM, GREENBEAN said:

My favorite thing is when Jets fans talk about Jets fans as if they are not Jets fans. 

What's equally humorous is the attempt to minimize opposing discussion points by the addition of labels and blanket statements.  Opinions are fine until met with non conforming opinions. Then the labeling begins.  That's something children and politicians do. 

So I will remind everyone that this is a NY Jets message board. We come here to discuss points on one of the least important aspects of our lives. Truth is I spend far too much time here myself. :)  We are all damaged Jets fans No matter how much one would want to exclude themselves from that group to make a point. Sorry. 

But to play the game I will add a few points from the mythical Jets fan group, that you somehow are not apart of for your purposes, mentioned in the OP.  I'll add that I am primarily a Homer Jets fan in most instances. 

Here is the potential problem with one of your main points, Adam Gase had a personnel issue with the two previous orgs he has been with. Not just one. Two. Here is a random headline I just found on a Denver site. 

Adam Gase is apparently one of the league’s biggest whiners. It’s no wonder he didn’t get the head coaching job in Denver…

Sure we got an offensive minded coach with experience and that counts for something, but you do realize that he was not our first choice. He was one of the coaches we wanted to force on Matt Rhule. We wanted him to be our OC and he was willing to take that job.  No one else wanted him as a HC.

We all know about the Miami stuff, but we've chosen to make it the Fins problem and not Gase's. I get it. I do it too. I want the guy to be successful here. But it does seem that Gase has a major personnel based issue everywhere he goes.  The idea that he came in here and immediately had a problem with everyone in the building. (Macc, heimey, Williams, Bell etc.) is absolutely reason for concern at minimum. And the hiding from the cameras during the draft is... what the hell was that? 

Macc needed to go. Fine. I'm good with it and I'm in. I have the timing issue and wish they gave a new guy the 3rd pick and all that, but oh well. That is what it is. But Gase coming in and basically gutting the house, while potentially warranted, is more of the same for him. We just have a weak owner so it worked here. It didn't work with Elway and Miami fired him. 

If we pay attention to his track record it is prudent(while fans have no say) to at least question the moves he makes. I do not trust this guy, yet I want very badly for him to be the next Belichick.  It can happen and I'm rooting for it. The thing I'm not rooting for is for this lunatic to consistently have issue after issue and I'm not sold on his ability to build a team.  It's a concern. 

You talk about the talent brought in this offseason with Bell being one of the names you mentioned. Well, if Bell wasn't locked into  a guaranteed contract, Gase could very well be trying to get rid of him. That's the guy we have.  We wouldn't even have him if Gase had his way. So come on. 

Anyway, I can't wait to have the GM. I am hoping it's Douglas because he seems to be a guy Gase can work with

If we can't discuss this stuff here, then where? Where are we supposed to go to talk about this stuff? WHERE I ASK YOU??  :) 

Perfectly stated