After Jets fire Maccagnan, trade Darron Lee, cut Jordan Leggett (after recently firing Todd Bowles)...fans still not sure if they should be happy!?!

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

How do you think the half of the forum felt about all the Macc hate? Gase has not proven to be successful in anything if he ends up making the playoffs this year I would be the first to give him credit but until he proves otherwise I am entitled to my concerns. If you don't want to read about peoples concerns when it comes to their sports team maybe don't join a forum which is focused on said sports team?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

You can have your concerns , and we all know your opinion. That is just fine, but we don't need to have it reiterated in every post, it just gets old, especially to the optimistic Jet fans here.

16 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Not sure whether they should buck the trend of perennially complaining about their team, Jets fans seem to be fundamentally confused  about whether it’s acceptable to be satisfied that the team has made at least six of the changes they have begged for the past 12 months.

Faced with the confusion of getting at least 6 things that they’ve been asking for the past year, Jets fans continue to search for things to complain about. Despite their favorite football team firing coach Todd Bowles, firing GM Mike Maccagnan, trading Darron Lee, hiring an offensive head coach and bringing offensive weapons such as Le’Veon Bell to the team for their young quarterback, Sam Darnold, Jets fans continue to keep their hands in their pockets, unable to clap, and search effortlessly for new things to complain about.

Next up - Gase is crazy, Manish and the media are correct, the owner’s family had issues, and we cannot handle a coach making changes that suit his scheme and outlook!  The signing of a second punter and a fifth wide receiver are the latest fuel for the fire against the head coach of the team. 

Also, this needed a new thread because every thought apparently needs a new thread. ?

Fans could win $60M in the lottery and they would complain about having to take the day off to collect it.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

So Chris Johnson made the football decision to sign free agents???  If that’s the case we’re in even worse shape!  Are you completely delusional???  

My ticket prices have gone UP since 2010.  You’re entitled to your own opinion but you’re not entitled to your own facts.

Wait so your pissed off that CJ does nothing but when someone claims he was involved in the FA picks and HC appointment  - you say that's worse . What do you want him do ?

16 minutes ago, Eaton Beaver said:

You can have your concerns , and we all know your opinion. That is just fine, but we don't need to have it reiterated in every post, it just gets old, especially to the optimistic Jet fans here.

Especially when the guy hasn't even taken the team into it's 1st TC yet.  Yet the people would die for Belicheck easily dismissing the abject failure he was in Cle with probably a better team than Gase had in Mia.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Thank you for the kind words, SAR. I'm rather fond of your posts as well.

It's nice to be appreciated, thanks!

That said, you are a despicable corporate shill and a neo-capitalist tumor on the ass of this fanbase. Your fake populist spiel is undone, with great prejudice, by your unerring willingness to defend the Brothers Johnson and their insidious PSL racket. In short, you are compromised to the point of being an animatronic puppet of a disgraced Johnson family regime.

PSL's happened in 2008.  That's 11 years ago.  No PSL owner cares about the fun money he spent back then just as you don't remember how much it cost to have your toilets cleaned in 2008.  I can't believe anyone still carries on about this.  Oh, and the Brothers Johnson didn't raise ticket prices in the 10 years we've been in the stadium.  Hmm, actually, they lowered ticket prices.  I'm paying 2007 prices in 2019, pretty amazing.  Turns out the PSL was offset by the lack of a ticket price increase for more than a decade.  Great seats in my own name, free of charge.  PSL owners win.

As such, I will continue to side with the people, speak up for the people, and lead the people against the interests you so vigorously defend at every turn, and your kind will face our proletariat rage. 

"The people" are actually about a dozen sad-sack fans with no money who want to see the Jets fail so they can continue to take shots at Chris and Woody Johnson because they were born into wealth.  It's twelve Ira's from Staten Island and you're their Joe Beningo.  Hardly original and hardly necessary.

Lead "the people" to the promised land, TS.  Be their Moses.  The team is going to be pretty good this year.  Don't be the JN Manish, getting everyone worked up needlessly. 

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's nice to be appreciated, thanks!

PSL's happened in 2008.  That's 11 years ago.  No PSL owner cares about the fun money he spent back then just as you don't remember how much it cost to have your toilets cleaned in 2008.  I can't believe anyone still carries on about this.  Oh, and the Brothers Johnson didn't raise ticket prices in the 10 years we've been in the stadium.  Hmm, actually, they lowered ticket prices.  I'm paying 2007 prices in 2019, pretty amazing.  Turns out the PSL was offset by the lack of a ticket price increase for more than a decade.  Great seats in my own name, free of charge.  PSL owners win.

"The people" are actually about a dozen sad-sack fans with no money who want to see the Jets fail so they can continue to take shots at Chris and Woody Johnson because they were born into wealth.  It's twelve Ira's from Staten Island and you're their Joe Beningo.  Hardly original and hardly necessary.

Lead "the people" to the promised land, TS.  Be their Moses.  The team is going to be pretty good this year.  Don't be the JN Manish, getting everyone worked up needlessly. 

SAR I

This is so good. lol ????

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

And we wait impatiently for them to hire the 2nd guy to run the other half of the organization.

We will hire someone qualified who will have a runway until March to prepare for FA and the draft.  There is no rush.  This is GM downtime.

The most important quality in a GM is his willingness to support his coaching staff with the players that fit their systems.  Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that wasn't happening with Mac and Gase.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, The Walrus said:

Fans could win $60M in the lottery and they would complain about having to take the day off to collect it.

It would be funny if it weren't so true.

And to a Jets fan, we just did win $60M in the lottery.  We have a bonafide franchise quarterback after 50 years of waiting.  We have a Top 5 running back from Pittsburgh, a powerful quarterback of the defense from Baltimore, our homegrown leader in Adams, a proven DC who the players play like dogs for, and an OC/HC who Peyton Manning himself believes is an offensive genius.  And STILL they are miserable.

It's because they want to be.  The Defeatist SOJ Victim Brigade takes pride in their misery.  Its ironic.  The very qualities they detest in the Jets they criticize for lack of effort and lack of devotion they themselves emulate.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Briefly, and probably late, all the events listed in the OP are good for the Jets.  All of the people cut or fired were bad fits for this team.  

What concerns me is not what just happened, but seeing what has been behind the curtain the last four years.  I am disconcerted and doubtful of the ability of the Johnsons to actually build a new front office in place that will do better than the old one.  I, among others, consistently criticized what I saw Mac doing and not doing, and some here replied essentially that he was a professional and knew what he was doing.  The news I hear now confirmed my fears about both Mac and Bowles, and the Johnsons were asleep at the switch.  Given the Jets structure a Johnson is essentially the Head of Football Operations, and they did nothing and allowed anarchy to thrive.  

I am glad that Mac, Bowles and the bad draft picks are gone, and I think more will follow.  Teams can fix themselves and get better.  But after what we have seen from the Johnsons over the last 8 years, I will believe that we have better management when I consistently see a better product on the field.  

16 minutes ago, varjet said:

I am glad that Mac, Bowles and the bad draft picks are gone, and I think more will follow.  Teams can fix themselves and get better.  But after what we have seen from the Johnsons over the last 8 years, I will believe that we have better management when I consistently see a better product on the field.  

All NFL teams that go for broke and load up to make a Super Bowl run for consecutive seasons pay the price in the gutter for the following several seasons and then hope their rebuild's work and they ascend again.

These are the non-Patriots teams that made it to the AFC/NFC Championship Games since between 2010 and 2018:

Ravens
Jets
Bears
Giants
49ers
Falcons
Broncos
Seahawks
Colts
Packers
Panthers
Cardinals
Jaguars
Vikings

The Jets have a lot of company in the post-playoff collapse business.  Do these teams all have lousy histories and lousy owners?  Are these teams all dysfunctional?  Or did they spend free agent money on win-now players to go for a championship and then crash down hard because of cap problems and free agent departures?  That was a rhetorical question.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It would be funny if it weren't so true.

And to a Jets fan, we just did win $60M in the lottery.  We have a bonafide franchise quarterback after 50 years of waiting.  We have a Top 5 running back from Pittsburgh, a powerful quarterback of the defense from Baltimore, our homegrown leader in Adams, a proven DC who the players play like dogs for, and an OC/HC who Peyton Manning himself believes is an offensive genius.  And STILL they are miserable.

It's because they want to be.  The Defeatist SOJ Victim Brigade takes pride in their misery.  Its ironic.  The very qualities they detest in the Jets they criticize for lack of effort and lack of devotion they themselves emulate.

SAR I

They also hate the logo. 

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

What evidence is there that Christopher Johnson is acting like a child?  Was he caught in a rub-n-tug in Florida?  Some workplace misconduct in North Carolina?

His brother took off for London and dumped the family business in his lap.  He's learning.  And I think there is evidence since January that he's blossoming.  The Jets are better today than we were in January.  And that's thanks to Mr. Johnson.  Show some respect.

SAR I

Respect is earned, not given - and you're the one that called him, a sixty year-old man, a youngster.

10 hours ago, tuffhand said:

Respect is earned, not given - and you're the one that called him, a sixty year-old man, a youngster.

Most NFL owners are pushing 80.  Mr. Johnson took over the team when he was 57.  Leave him alone.  He's the biggest Jets fan on the planet and he's doing a great job.  This team has been averaging 4.5 wins a season and we're about to get 8 to 10 because of his decision making and leadership.  Show some respect.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They hate everything.  They want to be miserable.  It's their shtick.  Playing the role of the Miserable Jets & Mets Fan is a full time job.

SAR I

The Jets fired a bad GM who refused to get rid of some of his crappy draft picks 

11 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

They also hate the logo. 

The logo is ok, the helmet to shiny in the sun? I would love that logo on a green like the current board color green. But there was no point in coming up with new uni's if they were not something totally different than the past uniforms. 

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Most NFL owners are pushing 80.  Mr. Johnson took over the team when he was 57.  Leave him alone.  He's the biggest Jets fan on the planet and he's doing a great job.  This team has been averaging 4.5 wins a season and we're about to get 8 to 10 because of his decision making and leadership.  Show some respect.

SAR I

Again, respect is earned, not given.

4 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

The logo is ok, the helmet to shiny in the sun? I would love that logo on a green like the current board color green. But there was no point in coming up with new uni's if they were not something totally different than the past uniforms. 

New uniforms suck but I don’t care win games

On 5/22/2019 at 7:53 AM, GREENBEAN said:

We all know about the Miami stuff, but we've chosen to make it the Fins problem and not Gase's. I get it. I do it too. I want the guy to be successful here. But it does seem that Gase has a major personnel based issue everywhere he goes.  The idea that he came in here and immediately had a problem with everyone in the building. (Macc, heimey, Williams, Bell etc.) is absolutely reason for concern at minimum. And the hiding from the cameras during the draft is... what the hell was that? 

Macc needed to go. Fine. I'm good with it and I'm in. I have the timing issue and wish they gave a new guy the 3rd pick and all that, but oh well. That is what it is. But Gase coming in and basically gutting the house, while potentially warranted, is more of the same for him. We just have a weak owner so it worked here. It didn't work with Elway and Miami fired him. 

The bold, that was a provocative Mehta article, almost certainly sourced by Maccagnan. On it's surface, it's Gase being something between passive-aggressive and a spoiled brat. Not a good look, but I definitely take that single report with quite a few grains of salt. 

Part of the reason he's out in Miami is because it was his intention to continue to try to win there while the owner has an interest in tanking for Tua. There were clashes between the two men, no doubt, but if the fish were in position to acquire Josh Rosen days after the season, they might've wanted to keep Gase around to coach him. Ross thought that Gase was the head coach he was looking for, the man who was single-handedly changing the culture of mediocrity in Miami not long before they decided to part ways.

I'm aware of the Gase's red flags, but he's the Jets head coach now. I want him to be the guy who's purging the losing out of One Jets Drive. I want the team to go all in with him, get him the perfect GM fit, and give him everything he says he needs to succeed. No more half-assed, bet-hedging shotgun weddings. Give him everything and watch him either take off or fail spectacularly and start again. I'm just sick of the dysfunction by design here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

They hate everything.  They want to be miserable.  It's their shtick.  Playing the role of the Miserable Jets & Mets Fan is a full time job.

SAR I

I’m a miserable Jet and Met fan but geezuz christo we gotta stop the woe is me BS on EVERYTHING. 

Look, I know my Mets aren’t going to be good but every Pete Alonso homer gives me hope we’re JUST around the corner (even though I know we’re not). 

But holy crap we just landed the best QB we’ve had in decades, he’s going to be a top tier QB that’s going to keep us competitive for 12 years and we landed a young innovative offensive mind to bring us into the current NFL. 

But somebody snagged our 5th TE so the sky is falling. 

It’s just so...tiring. 

42 minutes ago, slats said:

The bold, that was a provocative Mehta article, almost certainly sourced by Maccagnan. On it's surface, it's Gase being something between passive-aggressive and a spoiled brat. Not a good look, but I definitely take that single report with quite a few grains of salt. 

Part of the reason he's out in Miami is because it was his intention to continue to try to win there while the owner has an interest in tanking for Tua. There were clashes between the two men, no doubt, but if the fish were in position to acquire Josh Rosen days after the season, they might've wanted to keep Gase around to coach him. Ross thought that Gase was the head coach he was looking for, the man who was single-handedly changing the culture of mediocrity in Miami not long before they decided to part ways.

I'm aware of the Gase's red flags, but he's the Jets head coach now. I want him to be the guy who's purging the losing out of One Jets Drive. I want the team to go all in with him, get him the perfect GM fit, and give him everything he says he needs to succeed. No more half-assed, bet-hedging shotgun weddings. Give him everything and watch him either take off or fail spectacularly and start again. I'm just sick of the dysfunction by design here. 

I am honestly starting to feel the same way these past couple of days. I have my concerns and I will probably continue to post them in contrast to opinions I feel to be flighty or what have you, but that's mostly just inspired conversation. I have my concerns and they are pretty substantial but I still want to win. 

I would actually say that what I bolded in your post is the only way to do it. If we're going to do this, and it seems like we are after the firings, let's do it.  Get crazy eyes his people and let's put the whole kit and caboodle in his hands. Not to say we don't need obverse opinions in the room with a strong and knowledgable GM, but the staff should think similarly. This back and forth of opposing forces in the house needs to stop already. It's been that way since Rex and Tanny's honeymoon period ended. Right around the Tebow trade I'd say. Maybe a bit earlier. 

So to your point, while I am obviously concerned about this guy and his track record, here we are. If it's going to have any chance to succeed it's going to need to be all in. Macc, for all of his warts, had a solid 14 months at least from the positional leadership standpoint and we have more legitimate talent on the team than is our norm. We also have the most rounded and talented coaching group we've had in recent memory. A lot of pieces are in place. If we can get the divided house aspect of the org removed, we just might have something here. Wouldn't it be nice to have the Jets be the last laugh for once?  Good post Slats.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Sort of like the continuous FIRE MACCAGNAN thread?  lol 

15 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Wait so your pissed off that CJ does nothing but when someone claims he was involved in the FA picks and HC appointment  - you say that's worse . What do you want him do ?

Now that's conflation to the extreme.  It's pretty simple.  The owner should hire competent football people to run the team.  If he felt that Mac wasn't the guy he should have made that decision before giving him $125mm to spend on free agents his coach didn't want.  Firing Mac and not giving full reigns to someone who doesn't warrant it can BOTH BE TRUE.

Let me make it simpler for you.  The owner needs to stop making arranged marriages.  Period.

8 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Now that's conflation to the extreme.  It's pretty simple.  The owner should hire competent football people to run the team.  If he felt that Mac wasn't the guy he should have made that decision before giving him $125mm to spend on free agents his coach didn't want.  Firing Mac and not giving full reigns to someone who doesn't warrant it can BOTH BE TRUE.

Let me make it simpler for you.  The owner needs to stop making arranged marriages.  Period.

I agreed the "arranged marriages " have been a problem , but if CJ had fired Mac with Bowles. It could have been  a month later they hired a new GM - we probably would have lost out on any qualified HC by then - if they played it by the "presumed book".

Then the narrative would have been how can you fire the GM and HC and give them only 2 months to prepare for FA and the draft. Everyone assumes that's the proper way because all the reporters and talking heads got their panties in a twist , when in fact a fair amount of GM hirings happen post FA/draft.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:21 AM, SAR I said:

Made the best HC hire in the NFL this offseason.

Made the best DC hire in the NFL this offseason.

Presided over the moves to land the top offensive and defensive FA’s in the NFL this offseason. 

Successfully executed a rebuild that has the team ahead of schedule and on the precipice of the playoffs.

Oversaw the creative process leading to one of the nicest modern uniform designs in the NFL.

Lowered ticket prices across the entire stadium.

Moronic defeatist Jets fans still don’t get it.

SAR I

Did he really lower the ticket prices? 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Did he really lower the ticket prices? 

Yes, it started last year.  My Mezzanine A PSL seats went down to an average of $95, but they also removed some other features.  I was fine with it.  PSL's eventually go to $0 as the stadium ages.  Some of us schmucks might even still be around for when they replace this stadium. lol

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes, it started last year.  My Mezzanine A PSL seats went down to an average of $95, but they also removed some other features.  I was fine with it.  PSL's eventually go to $0 as the stadium ages.  Some of us schmucks might even still be around for when they replace this stadium. lol

Bro, I hope they replace this air condition yesterday.