“Joe Douglas would almost certainly leave the Eagles if the Jets offer him their GM job”

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

What's the rush? No one else is looking for a new GM right now. They have the luxury of being able to do their due diligence on every potential candidate.

It would make sense to get your new GM in here to learn as much as possible about his new team before June 2 and camp.  There is no reason to delay.  

It would make no sense for Chris Johnson to start making sense now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

NFL Spring Meetings are going on this week down in Florida - it's possible that they are using that opportunity to talk to people about prospective candidates for front office jobs before making any final decisions.  Also, whoever is down there for the Jets may want to get back into the office, have a meeting with everyone back in New York  (ie Gase) and get on the same page before finalizing anything

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

What's the rush? No one else is looking for a new GM right now. They have the luxury of being able to do their due diligence on every potential candidate.

I don’t trust them at all. Sign him and don’t look back.

then if he want to add DJ to his staff, repeat above. ☝️

• Upvote 1

Would wager 2 things are holding this up -the Rooney Rule (would think they would call Floyd Reese for about 30 seconds or take him out to Rutts Hut for lunch to so comply) and the Johnsons' perpetual cheapness. There isn't a salary cap for GMs, but now they decide to get cute, these spoiled brats. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How's that?  That no one knows what's going on? 

That history shows when a name gets floated out there connected to the Jets, the longer it floats the less likely it happens. If Douglas falls through, it will be interesting o see the spin as they don’t have Manish running interference for them anymore.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, KRL said:

People need to stop equating the Johnsons to the Wilpons.  You do realize they are paying
Bowles & Maccagnan the final 2 years of their extensions.  The team needs to follow protocol
(Rooney Rule) so they don't hear any nonsense from the league.  A couple of extra days means
nothing at this point.  But leave it to Jet fans to turn an upgrade at the GM position into
a negative

You have no idea whomever they hire, especially someone like Douglas who has zero experience, is an upgrade. Macc was bad. We know that. We don’t know Douglas will be better. We hope. Like we hoped Macc would be better than Idzik. Was he really? 

Also, I love that you saying the Johnson’s paying out the Bowles and Macc contracts is proof they aren’t cheap when it’s really proof how dumb they are when they have them extensions that weren’t necessary or earned. But you do you. 

From Douglas' perspective, he gets a big paycheck and a big job.  He is walking into a poopshow.

Honestly, I think his biggest risk is Gase.

I don't know what to make of this team.  Don't know how much of a problem the Johnsons would really be for someone who was competent. 

Its just really remarkable hearing all of the incompetence that Mac exhibited.  

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You have no idea whomever they hire, especially someone like Douglas who has zero experience, is an upgrade. Macc was bad. We know that. We don’t know Douglas will be better. We hope. Like we hoped Macc would be better than Idzik. Was he really? 

Also, I love that you saying the Johnson’s paying out the Bowles and Macc contracts is proof they aren’t cheap when it’s really proof how dumb they are when they have them extensions that weren’t necessary or earned. But you do you. 

I just need to know when Maccagnan learned under Ozzie Newsome for 15+ or won a ring  two years before getting hired. 

Did the the Houston Texans want to hold onto him so bad that they were willing to do anything they could to ensure he stays.

lol no.

Youre right to an extent, we don’t know what he will be, but there’s plenty of reason to believe he’ll be better.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That history shows when a name gets floated out there connected to the Jets, the longer it floats the less likely it happens. If Douglas falls through, it will be interesting o see the spin as they don’t have Manish running interference for them anymore.

The real problem is when fans fall in love with a name and then instead of saying "wow, I thought they were interested in a McCarthy they somehow find reason to complain they didn't hire someone they really were never interested in.  

If JD falls through it obviously be for one of two reasons.  He doesn't want to be GM here or the Jets don't want him to be GM here.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

If JD falls through it obviously be for one of two reasons.  He doesn't want to be GM here or the Jets don't want him to be GM here.  

Yeah if you want to look at it this cut and dry to absolve the Jets of any responsibility have at it. But fans will always speculate about the details. There is obvious mutual interest here.

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Teams always look to keep the lame duck tag off of a HC and would want the HC contract to coincide with his GM.  So extend Macc to run with Gase.  

And yeah, that says they aren't cheap like the wilpons who probably will struggle with the idea of paying Callaway and another, more qualified MGR. 

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Probably haven’t interviewed a minority candidate yet.

If I were a minority candidate for the GM job I would tell the NYJ  (or any other team)  fvck off, I know this is a sham and I am not gonna let you use me for your fake interview. 

And people who say its good to have the interview experience are full of it and just putting spin on it.

• Post of the Week 1

The minority candidate has probably already been interviewed. He's currently working with Gase on front office matters right now. His name is Hymie Elhai. He's Middle Eastern and I'm sure that he is the minority candidate.

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

If I were a minority I would tell the NYJ  (or any other team)  fvck off, I know this is a sham and I am not gonna let you use me for your fake interview..

That's a good way to never get another interview again. The League is a very small tight knit community.

• Upvote 2