NFL Eliminates Single-Header TV Rule

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

This means that those of us watching locally in the NY market will no longer be forced to have the other game be either the Giants or nothing at all (or have to pay to watch anything else).  I'll take it!

You also can't hate the idea of the Super Bowl perhaps actually being made just slightly more about, ya know... football.

Well technically there will be plenty of Sundays when the Jets are playing during the other networks national game leaving only the Giants to watch the other slot.

If the Giants and Jets are unwatchable yet again, the NFL may have just provided New York with a quick fix.At the Spring League Meeting on Wednesday, the league eliminated the so-called “singleheader rule,” meaning that every market will get three games broadcast on Sundays. Previously, if a local team was playing on one network, another couldn’t broadcast a game from a different market.The change is directed at markets with two teams and may be most pertinent to New York. The two local teams won just nine games between them last season, and fans without NFL Red Zone or Sunday Ticket had no choice but to tune in.

Now, people might be able to enjoy some good football should the same thing happen. Alternatively, they could spring for Red Zone.

>    https://nypost.com/2019/05/22/nfl-may-have-just-saved-new-york-from-giants-jets-tv-torture/

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

metlife-stadium-940x400.jpg

I hope we get the 3pm Divisional Playoff round slot as MetLife Stadium looks beautiful in the late afternoon sun in January.

SAR I

Do you drive periodically to take a picture of your seat since you’re the actual “owner?” I mean, we never play in January and we definitely don’t play in MetLife in January. 

15 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Am I wrong about this?  I'm convinced there are always 3 games on every Sunday.  It's never just Jets and Giants. 

Only when the Jets and Giants both play at 1 (then the 4pm game is the 3rd game).  If either the Jets or Giants were at 4, there was only 1 1pm game (the other team)

16 hours ago, SAR I said:

metlife-stadium-940x400.jpg

I hope we get the 3pm Divisional Playoff round slot as MetLife Stadium looks beautiful in the late afternoon sun in January.

SAR I

I'm not sure the term "beautiful" has been, or will ever be, used again to describe MetLife stadium

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Do you drive periodically to take a picture of your seat since you’re the actual “owner?” I mean, we never play in January and we definitely don’t play in MetLife in January. 

The Jets will never be good, whoa is me, my life is over, I have no reason to live, I'm a victim, weep for me.

SAR I

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'm not sure the term "beautiful" has been, or will ever be, used again to describe MetLife stadium

140128_metlife_stadium_wtc_ap_605.jpg

MetLife looks like a skyscraper, just like the symbol of the City it represents.  Indianapolis has brickwork like the Indy 500, we have aluminum soaring into the sky.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

140128_metlife_stadium_wtc_ap_605.jpg

MetLife looks like a skyscraper, just like the symbol of the City it represents.  Indianapolis has brickwork like the Indy 500, we have aluminum soaring into the sky.

SAR I

I have to admit, that 's a very creative response....but I'll respectfully disagree and stand by my original comment.

23 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I have to admit, that 's a very creative response....but I'll respectfully disagree and stand by my original comment.

That's fine, you're allowed to not like the look of a sports facility.  Just letting you know that there are many people who appreciate the design of MetLife Stadium.  There's no wrong or right answer.

SAR I

• Upvote 1