Gase Press Conference Tweets

5 minutes ago, Snook said:

Agreed. One thing that stuck out to me ( If this was already mentioned earlier then my bad) was about the scout and how it was a consensus that the scout be fired. It makes me think the speculations about the leaks are true.

Good point.  The leaks are (or were) coming from somewhere.  Some have speculated it was Heimerdinger but who knows.

The other interesting question was about trading Darron Lee and how it took place on the same day that Gase was named interim GM.  Very interesting that Gase essentially said the Jets were talking about trading Lee, maybe even specific conversations with KC, BEFORE Gase was even hired here.  So the idea of moving Darron Lee had been cooking for while, like at least 5 months, and Macc was probably just trying to save face because he couldn't believe the best he'd get for his 1st round Draft pick was a 6th from KC.  Well Gase cut to the chase and stopped the Jets from dragging their feet.  Trust me, if the Jets had been shopping Lee for 5 months then everyone had a chance to make an offer for him....nobody did except KC and the Jets took it.

That's the kind of decisiveness we need right now.  No more dilly-dallying and hoping that despite a year, two years, three years of evaluation some guy is going to magically turn it around here.  If Gregg Williams wanted Lee then Lee would still be here.  If another team wanted Lee and would give up a 5th round pick for him then we would have traded him for that.  Williams didn't want him and nobody else wanted him for more than a 6th.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

How could you not love Parcells, he tells the media nothing?

How could you not love Edwards, his BBQ is the best and the media love him!?

How could you not love Mangini, he's just like Bellichek and pisses off the media!?

How could you not love Rex Ryan, get us a snack and entertains the media!?

How could you not love Bowles, he's silent like Bellichek....!?

I don't get the exact point here, but I feel that it's something deep. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Good point.  The leaks are (or were) coming from somewhere.  Some have speculated it was Heimerdinger but who knows.

The other interesting question was about trading Darron Lee and how it took place on the same day that Gase was named interim GM.  Very interesting that Gase essentially said the Jets were talking about trading Lee, maybe even specific conversations with KC, BEFORE Gase was even hired here.  So the idea of moving Darron Lee had been cooking for while, like at least 5 months, and Macc was probably just trying to save face because he couldn't believe the best he'd get for his 1st round Draft pick was a 6th from KC.  Well Gase cut to the chase and stopped the Jets from dragging their feet.  Trust me, if the Jets had been shopping Lee for 5 months then everyone had a chance to make an offer for him....nobody did except KC and the Jets took it.

That's the kind of decisiveness we need right now.  No more dilly-dallying and hoping that despite a year, two years, three years of evaluation some guy is going to magically turn it around here.  If Gregg Williams wanted Lee then Lee would still be here.  If another team wanted Lee and would give up a 5th round pick for him then we would have traded him for that.  Williams didn't want him and nobody else wanted him for more than a 6th.

The idea that  he was given the GM duties ran over to the phone, only called KC, turned around to C Johnson and said "This is the best we can get." doesn't hold water.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I once threatened to choke the $hit out of a pats fan friend of mine who thought it funny to keep poking fun during a jets game that was going very poorly. the Kotite era I believe.

Some of my other friends came to his defense and I ended up rolling around the house with all three of them. It was minimal but there was blood that day.

That guy hasn’t spoken to me since and I haven’t dealt with his idea of “funny” again.

Now I’m an older man who hasn’t thrown my hands in almost two decades. I don’t condone nor would I promote such actions again..... but my point is I can understand @Legend Killa7 emoji23.png

I

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You mean funny like a clown? ?Sounds like you had a Peschi moment.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Snook said:

Agreed. One thing that stuck out to me ( If this was already mentioned earlier then my bad) was about the scout and how it was a consensus that the scout be fired. It makes me think the speculations about the leaks are true.

Sounds like there was a rat in the room & it had to be decapitated.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Sounds like there was a rat in the room & it had to be decapitated.

Yup,  picture Gase walking around the table with a bat, like Al Capone LOL

considering the number of Jets draft picks out of the NFL in the last five years, the scout probably deserved it - hard to argue it was a loss