Maye sitting out

1 minute ago, WowOhWow said:

Dude gets a lot of respect around here for someone who can't stay on the field.

This is how last year started also.  Little minor notes of him sitting out practice.

He might be made of glass.  Hope not.

Not ideal, not sure if this is "injury recovery management" stuff or if Maye is just hopeless.

Eric Berry is still available..... 

2 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

This is how last year started also.  Little minor notes of him sitting out practice.

He gets "respect" because when he plays he is very good. Of course if he can't stay healthy then he is pretty useless. We are in May and they could just be taking it slow with him so I am not worried about him sitting out.......yet

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

Can he control injuries? 

In the NFL injuries happen. 

Look at the Yankees does that mean we hate the person the player because of it. 

COME ON MAN 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Can he control injuries? 

In the NFL injuries happen. 

Look at the Yankees does that mean we hate the person the player because of it. 

COME ON MAN 

But this is ongoing. Of course he can’t control it but we can certainly suggest that the Jets need to start looking for a replacement, preferably a good player who can stay on the field. Maybe we even look for a Safety in Round 1 next year, right @T0mShane?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

He played 16 games in 2017.  

In 2018, he missed 3 games with a foot injury, 1 game with a broken thumb, and weeks 10-17 with a shoulder injury.  The latter of which he is still recovering from (well, the surgery to repair it).  Is he made of glass, or just reckless? Who knows. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But this is ongoing. Of course he can’t control it but we can certainly suggest that the Jets need to start looking for a replacement, preferably a good player who can stay on the field. Maybe we even look for a Safety in Round 1 next year, right @T0mShane?

We should have signed Tyran Mathieu and I agree. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

In 2018, he missed 3 games with a foot injury, 1 game with a broken thumb, and weeks 10-17 with a shoulder injury.  The latter of which he is still recovering from (well, the surgery to repair it).  Is he made of glass, or just reckless? Who knows. 

safety glass?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

We've gotta raise our expectations around here.  Hard to be anything other than mediocre when you've only been available for a bit over 50% of the games played since you arrived.

I'm a fan.  I'm just pointing out that here's another player that is on a trajectory I don't like.

Get healthy.  Get and stay on the field.  Start performing.

You're a second round pick...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

We've gotta raise our expectations around here.  Hard to be anything other than mediocre when you've only been available for a bit over 50% of the games played since you arrived.

I'm a fan.  I'm just pointing out that here's another player that is on a trajectory I don't like.

Get healthy.  Get and stay on the field.  Start performing.

You're a second round pick...

What expectations? It’s a OTA there in shorts and shirts . Hell even quinnen was held out with calf strain .  You think there gonna rush having Maye out there for no reason . 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Could be a bit of both. There is no denying that he is injury prone, but his playstyle doesn't help in this case. When he's on the field, Maye punishes people with his body, unfortunately for him some of that punishment seems to be self destructive.