Maye sitting out

47 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Holy folks, it’s not a new injury.  Just the team being careful.  Man, it’s crazy how posters don’t really use there heads. 

So you're saying he re-injured an existing injury. ******* sh*t. Cut this fool.

Just busting your chops btw. 

5 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

Dude gets a lot of respect around here for someone who can't stay on the field.

This is how last year started also.  Little minor notes of him sitting out practice.

He might be made of glass.  Hope not.

He missed part of one season out of his two.  Sucks, yes but come on ladies. This is pretty pointless, another pointless thread.  Especially since it was covered this morning.

He's coming off of shoulder surgery.  Hey let's make him practice in Mays meaningless OTAs.

You can't make this up.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He missed party of one season out of two.  This is pretty pointless, another pointless thread.  Especially since it was covered this morning.

He's coming off of shoulder surgery.  Hey let's make him practice in Mays meaningless OTAs.

You can't make this up.

Jet Nut is that you?  Im impressed.  Good posts today! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Another fallacy of the echo chamber that is JetNation.

Dude played and started in all 16 games in his rookie season.  He caught some bad breaks last year and presto chango, all of a sudden dude is injury plagued and should be cut.

Some of you need to get a f'in grip.

Better yet, being held out to make sure he's fully recovered and make sure he doesnt take a step backwards for no reason other that to make a couple of fans happy has now become hes sitting out.  Because its on him, players post surgery routines always are

• Upvote 1

Jets fans should be on the fence about Maye. He's a pretty good player when he's actually healthy. He had a good rookie season and a TERRIBLE injury filled sophomore season. If this keeps up, the Jets should look to move on.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

Jets fans should be on the fence about Maye. He's a pretty good player when he's actually healthy. He had a good rookie season and a TERRIBLE injury filled sophomore season. If this keeps up, the Jets should look to move on.

Marcus Maye is an incredibly talented FS, huge football IQ, can cover, great ball skills and a very sure tackler.  Big hitter.

I'm not moving on until I am damn sure he's done.

He played virtually every game in college until he broke his arm with 2 games left in his senior season and played every game his rookie year.  Our defense was better when he was on the field.  

Last year was an anomaly.

But yeah, lets move on from one of our better players,  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He missed part of one season out of his two.  Sucks, yes but come on ladies. This is pretty pointless, another pointless thread.  Especially since it was covered this morning.

You can't make this up.

How's he going to re-injure a shoulder running around in shorts?

He's the Pennington of safeties.

So on a team with at least 6 CBS on the roster that the former GM drafted, Mac takes another CB in round 6 while allowing the back up safety Brooks to walk to the division rival and SB champion and not drafting another safety.  Good safeties are found in the lower rounds.  

Maye is very good but injury prone.   He is in year 3 of his 4 year contract.  Hopefully he gets it together. 

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You can't make this up.

I hear what you're saying but, while it's not just you and I'm not trying to single you out, you and others are badly slanting what is and has been going on.

First, missing 10 games is not "part" of a season.

Second, he had surgery on December 4th with an expected recovery period of "a couple" of months (i.e. 10 weeks, otherwise it's "a few" months). We're now a week away from June and he's ~10 days away from being 7 months post-surgery.

Third, you're fully skipping over his having an injury that required a separate ankle surgery 1 year prior. It's easy to shrug off because he sustained the injury in week 17, so there was no clerical need to put him on IR. It was supposed to be just a scope, yet he even missed the first 3 games of the following season and his next in-game participation after the injury was 9 months later on Sept 30th. Then after just 6 games in action, he was back off the field again with a thumb injury and a shoulder injury that required surgery.

It's not a certainty that he'll always have these lingering problems, nor that he'll always be a slow healer, but it's intellectually dishonest to suggest no one should have real concerns over his durability, nor that it shouldn't be at all discouraging that he's not fully participating yet.  

It's not known what his reliability will be long term. I do like that he is at least with the team, and not taking some, "I don't need to be there; I know what I need to do can get in shape on my own," stance. So he's at meetings with his new coaches, I'm sure he's in the gym with the trainer and teammates, and is just not yet running full speed out there with the guys (not that there'd be contact if he was anyway). 

But it would be a lot more encouraging if he was fully participating on the field with the team. Brandon Shell is working with the starters, and he had knee surgery right before Christmas - two weeks after Maye's shoulder surgery - which would put their expected recovery dates within a couple weeks of each other. While Maye's shoulder surgery had a 2-4 week longer initially-expected recovery, Shell's knee has to hold up to bending and pushing while supporting his 330-pound frame.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

How's he going to re-injure a shoulder running around in shorts?

He's the Pennington of safeties.

Who knows?  He's not going to run around any risk getting hit, tripping, whatever.

Calling him the Chad of S:s pure nonsense.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I hear what you're saying but, while it's not just you and I'm not trying to single you out, you and others are badly slanting what is and has been going on.

First, missing 10 games is not "part" of a season.

Second, he had surgery on December 4th with an expected recovery period of "a couple" of months (i.e. 10 weeks, otherwise it's "a few" months). We're now a week away from June and he's ~10 days away from being 7 months post-surgery.

Third, you're fully skipping over his having an injury that required a separate ankle surgery 1 year prior. It's easy to shrug off because he sustained the injury in week 17, so there was no clerical need to put him on IR. It was supposed to be just a scope, yet he even missed the first 3 games of the following season and his next in-game participation after the injury was 9 months later on Sept 30th. Then after just 6 games in action, he was back off the field again with a thumb injury and a shoulder injury that required surgery.

It's not a certainty that he'll always have these lingering problems, nor that he'll always be a slow healer, but it's intellectually dishonest to suggest no one should have real concerns over his durability, nor that it shouldn't be at all discouraging that he's not fully participating yet.  

It's not known what his reliability will be long term. I do like that he is at least with the team, and not taking some, "I don't need to be there; I know what I need to do can get in shape on my own," stance. So he's at meetings with his new coaches, I'm sure he's in the gym with the trainer and teammates, and is just not yet running full speed out there with the guys (not that there'd be contact if he was anyway). 

But it would be a lot more encouraging if he was fully participating on the field with the team. Brandon Shell is working with the starters, and he had knee surgery right before Christmas - two weeks after Maye's shoulder surgery - which would put their expected recovery dates within a couple weeks of each other. While Maye's shoulder surgery had a 2-4 week longer initially-expected recovery, Shell's knee has to hold up to bending and pushing while supporting his 330-pound frame.

This is a whole lot of explaining how one year of being injured equals injury prone, China doll, chat like, whatever.  Yes 10 games is party of a season.  Most of the season is better, ok?  Splitting hairs.  As is saying he should be recovered by now.  He is.  We would be.  He's a football player.  They do things that we dont to their bodies, there's a difference.  And if Drs tell him to not put a shoulder at risk it doesn't mean they're not recovered.

I've said this before, P Simms was hurt alot early in the preseason.  Broke a hand one year vs the Jets, a knee or something another.  Two years and early both times.  Was injury prone.  Then was an Ironman.  One year out of two tells us nothing.

He's following Drs orders, not trying to encourage a fanbase.  Long story short, if he continues to get injured he's injury prone. One season where he spends time on IR out of two is not.  That's really the only point anyone can make at this point in time.  

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Devin Smith, Ardarius Stewart and Chad Hansen are going to start their own league of sh-tty WRs

Cant fault Mac for not trying to get a WR, he just whiffed every time.

Good news is his TE pick of Herndon I think will pan out nicely...

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Cant fault Mac for not trying to get a WR, he just whiffed every time.

Good news is his TE pick of Herndon I think will pan out nicely...

Basically Mac’s only good draft pick in 4 years outside of Darnold 

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This is a whole lot of explaining how one year of being injured equals injury prone, China doll, chat like, whatever.  Yes 10 games is party of a season.  Most of the season is better, ok?  Splitting hairs.  As is saying he should be recovered by now.  He is.  We would be.  He's a football player.  They do things that we dont to their bodies, there's a difference.  And if Drs tell him to not put a shoulder at risk it doesn't mean they're not recovered.

I've said this before, P Simms was hurt alot early in the preseason.  Broke a hand one year vs the Jets, a knee or something another.  Two years and early both times.  Was injury prone.  Then was an Ironman.  One year out of two tells us nothing.

He's following Drs orders, not trying to encourage a fanbase.  Long story short, if he continues to get injured he's injury prone. One season where he spends time on IR out of two is not.  That's really the only point anyone can make at this point in time.  

No, it’s 2 season-ending injuries in 2 consecutive years. One just happened to occur in the final week so it’s swept under the rug even though he missed games the following season because of it. 

Doesn't make it an every year thing going forward yet, but it’s enough for someone to justifiably have concerns that it is.

And 10 games isn’t part of a season. It’s a comfortable majority of it. He played in part of the season.