Some Much Needed Positivity

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Was was this "much needed"?

Were you not optimistic before those tweets, but now you are?

Considering it’s been all bad press and comments such as the circus being back and dysfunctional and Gase being  a control freak. It’s nice to see. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 20andOut said:

The "constant communication" line has been referenced here about 50 times and was the main topic of at least one other thread.

So being a post critic and creating more unnecessary communication is the better alternative than just saying nothing?

I like this thread.  I demand it stay open, and only for discussion among those who wish to avoid the Whoa Is Me SOJ Victim Brigade polluting JN like Manish and Cimini are polluting Twitter.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

The "positivity" for me was when the Jets signed my #1 off-season target, Le'Veon Bell.  

The dude with his versatility can annihilate a defense.  At some point this season, hopefully early, the Jets' offense is going to hum.  And Bell will be Darnold's catalyst.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, shevys said:

Was YOUR post "much needed" or add any value, other than to solidify your status as a crusty curmudgeon? 

Be careful, you don't want to go and aggravate the Vice President of The Whoa Is Me SOJ Victim Brigade, he's going to be miserable enough when the Jets start winning football games.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

51 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When you read the never ending negative nonsense here, 24/7 yes it's a nice change. 

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Unacceptable.  The sky is falling, haven't you heard?

Stick to the program around here.  Nothing is positive until we win a game in September.

;-)

The irony is I (and those like me) never felt the "sky was falling" at all.

It's only the people who care far too much about Manish Mehta and Giants Fans and who were overreacting to every forum post who thought that. 

And now, after a rather pedestrian presser, those folks are bathing in some sort of odd "Gase is a Golden God" afterglow....when nothing whatsoever has changed from a few days ago. 

Nothing.

It's incredibly odd how led by the media and Giants fans some of you really are.  Borders on clinical tbqh. 

Form your own opinion.  If you do, it won't matter what the media (who I've said for year is NOT our friend) or chuckledick the Giants stoodge thinks.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I used “much needed” because most of the posts and tweets regarding NYJ have been negative and annoying. Plus it’s nice to see Bell embracing being a NYJ and publicly supporting his coach who’s been dragged through the mud for the past week or so. Me personally I’ve been fine with every decision this offseason I haven’t been buying into any of the crap these reporters have been putting out 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Say hello to Fireman SAR. 

That guy was in it for media notoriety and internet clicks (ahem).  I'm just in it for the Jets.  I just want to win it all. 

And I know we are on the right path right now.  I wish more of you/us felt this way.  You have the power, Mr. President.  Lead the people.  Be Moses.  The road to Promised Land is upon us. 

SAR I

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, shevys said:

Was YOUR post "much needed" or add any value, other than to solidify your status as a crusty curmudgeon? 

I was legitimately confused by the sentiment. 

"Much needed" implies there was no (or only limited) positivity here before.

This place is rife and overflowing with positivity right now.  

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I used “much needed” because most of the posts and tweets regarding NYJ have been negative and annoying.

You and I must be reading different forums, or have different standards of what positivity means.  Far as I can tell, this forum is utterly dominated by positivity and optimism right now, not that there is anything wrong with that.  

Plus it’s nice to see Bell embracing being a NYJ and publicly supporting his coach who’s been dragged through the mud for the past week or so.

It would be nicer to see him at OTA's with his team.  But I don't place much value in tweets or PR spin, but maybe other folks do.  

Me personally I’ve been fine with every decision this offseason I haven’t been buying into any of the crap these reporters have been putting out 

That's great to hear.  You shouldn't.  Good or bad, the NY Sports media is the worst in America.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I was legitimately confused by the sentiment. 

"Much needed" implies there was no (or only limited) positivity here before.

This place is rife and overflowing with positivity right now.  

BS. You are way too smart to be confused like that. Just own it. 

2 minutes ago, shevys said:

Right we can’t sit here and act like every media personality wasn’t just bashing the absolute s*** out of us for the past week or so lol 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, shevys said:

I do love me some backhanded compliments, thanks Chev.

With that said, the people whining about all the so-called negativity around here are either one of two things:  Mouth breathing morons who really need to turn off their TV/Radio/Twitter feeds for a minute and take a deep breath and think for themselves for a change.....or they're just completely full of it, tbqh. 

This place (i.e. the fans) are utterly and absolutely dominated by Optimism and fans who believe now.  Again, WHO CARES WHAT MANISH OR SOME DIPsh*t GIANTS FAN THINKS??????  if 99.9% of Fans range from moderately to excessively optimistic/happy.....why does the media or Giants Fans (lol, Giants) matter?

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not buying this new SAR positivity shtick. I’m assuming you’re going to turn these posts into Jets Rewards Points somehow but it’s unclear how.

The benefit of a discussion forum is that it's not Twitter.  These short and sweet zingers, while witty on your part, are part of the problem.  We can use less snark around here.

Be positive.  Be Moses.  Lead the disenfranchised and depressed to the Promised Land.  It's right there for the taking.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ucontext.jpg

Best modern uniforms in the NFL.  #positivity

SAR I

This is why I was surprised you posted yesterday that you thought the white jerseys wouldn't sell.  I like them the best of the 3 we now have. It's a really clean look, and the green stripes and lettering really pops so much better off the white then the other 2.

The black ones are a good look also but are a completely different optic. The green ones look too busy with the white pants, but really good with the green ones IMO.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I do love me some backhanded compliments, thanks Chev.

With that said, the people whining about all the so-called negativity around here are either one of two things:  Mouth breathing morons who really need to turn off their TV/Radio/Twitter feeds for a minute and take a deep breath and think for themselves for a change.....or they're just completely full of it, tbqh. 

This place (i.e. the fans) are utterly and absolutely dominated by Optimism and fans who believe now.  Again, WHO CARES WHAT MANISH OR SOME DIPsh*t GIANTS FAN THINKS??????  if 99.9% of Fans range from moderately to excessively optimistic/happy.....why does the media or Giants Fans (lol, Giants) matter?

Yeah, That's JN in a nutshell. Might as well throw that up on the banner. 

• Haha 1