Some Much Needed Positivity

30 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah, That's JN in a nutshell. Might as well throw that up on the banner. 

Let me know when you find a negative poster who thinks we're going to suck this year and thinks the franchise is headed in the wrong direction. 

You know, actual negativity.

I'll wait.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our "core four" would be Sam, Jamal, Quinnen and maybe CJ Mosley.

You can't have a "core" without our best Offensive skill player, one of our most expensive players, and the guy our immediate future will rely on most (next to Darnold), and that is one Mr. Bell.

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You can't have a "core" without our best Offensive skill player, one of our most expensive players, and the guy our immediate future will rely on most (next to Darnold), and that is one Mr. Bell.

I'm thinking "core" as in long-term key piece.  I don't think Le'Veon will be here for more than 2 years.

54 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Our "core four" would be Sam, Jamal, Quinnen and maybe CJ Mosley.

Depends what you mean by Core Four.  If we are talking about leadership I wouldn't necessarily put that on a rookie right away.

Taking two from O and two from D I'd submit Darnold, Osemele, Jamal and CJ as the core four for leading the team.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Let me know when you find a negative poster who thinks we're going to suck this year and thinks the franchise is headed in the wrong direction. 

You know, actual negativity.

I'll wait.

Yeah, it's tough to find those never-Gase folks here. It's almost like they're wearing camouflage. Practically no one has complained about him being named interim GM. 

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Ahh sorry brother didn’t mean to post it again been working crazy hours haven’t been on the site much just saw this pop up on twitter and figured I’d post it 

Nooooooooo.....

You need to post this  because folks want to maintain the narrative that Gase is somehow Mad at Bell and guess what it isn't SOOOOOOOO

41 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah, it's tough to find those never-Gase folks here. It's almost like they're wearing camouflage. Practically no one has complained about him being named interim GM. 

Perhaps the problem here is you seem to think not favoring Gase or his odd demeanor = not thinking the Jets are better or on the right general path. 

The two opinions are obviously not mutually exclusive.  We're clearly better now than before under Bowles, better at talent, better at other coaching (Williams), and presumably at GM soon.  Having a "show me" attitude towards Gase is hardly a sin. 

What, do we have to be madly in love with every single move and decision to be "positive" enough for some now?

Also, nice insertion of politics with "never-Gase".  Listen to alot of right wing radio, do we?  

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Perhaps the problem here is you seem to think not favoring Gase or his odd demeanor = not thinking the Jets are better or on the right general path. 

The two opinions are obviously not mutually exclusive.  We're clearly better now than before under Bowles, better at talent, better at other coaching (Williams), and presumably at GM soon.  Having a "show me" attitude towards Gase is hardly a sin. 

What, do we have to be madly in love with every single move and decision to be "positive" enough for some now?

Also, nice insertion of politics with "never-Gase".  Listen to alot of right wing radio, do we?  

Uh, nope. 

You haven't noticed a rather feverish anti-Gase group here, folks -outside of yourself- who have become particularly vocal since Maccagnan has been fired? If yes, do you think those folks are feeling, I don't know, positive? 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Uh, nope. 

You haven't noticed a rather feverish anti-Gase group here, folks -outside of yourself- who have become particularly vocal since Maccagnan has been fired? If yes, do you think those folks are feeling, I don't know, positive? 

No, I haven't noticed that at all.

And I'm not anti-Gase, I'm "show me first" on Gase.  I want him to succeed, for obvious reasons.

What I do see is literally half the forum+ racing to tell everyone how onboard with Gase they are, and how they were onboard with Gase from the start, and that Gase is brilliant, and Gase is dreamy, and Gase really showed the media, etc, etc, etc.

Great!  I'm glad everyone is happy (In May), but the boogie-man of "negativity" is just laughable after reading literally any thread here these days.  This is close to maximum positive as I call recall ANY Jets site being int he 20 years I've been on them.

If we have this big group of negative posters, who think Gase sucks, we're worse now than under Bowles, and that we're worse as a team than last year, by all means, call them out, name them.  I don't see anyone, myself included, who thinks anything close to that,

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What I do see is literally half the forum+ racing to tell everyone how onboard with Gase they are, and how they were onboard with Gase from the start, and that Gase is brilliant, and Gase is dreamy, and Gase really showed the media, etc, etc, etc.

Lol. 

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

So being a post critic and creating more unnecessary communication is the better alternative than just saying nothing?

I like this thread.  I demand it stay open, and only for discussion among those who wish to avoid the Whoa Is Me SOJ Victim Brigade polluting JN like Manish and Cimini are polluting Twitter.

SAR I

This is what I don't get about Jet fans, we signed Isaiah Crowell as a free agent & fans here were like, great man, he's pretty good, he's a tough runner.

We land the biggest fish in free agency, Le'veon Bell, a guy who has produced every year, a guy who is chosen usually top 3 in fantasy football (does any Jet get picked in fantasy football B4 round 7?), has absolutely zero history of being a locker room cancer, AND we got him for way under what most here thought he'd get! Hell, we signed Bell & Mosely (the best defensively player available) and still have over 30 million in cap space.

He may be the best Jet RB we've ever had here, his numbers are closer to Jim Brown than Curtis Martin so far in his career. Look around the league & see how great RBs help out young QBs, Dak + Elliott, Goff + Gurley. 

How could this not excite any true Jet fan? Because you wanted Tevin Coleman instead? Give me a f*cking break. 

• Post of the Week 1