Quinnen Williams out with calf injury

All of these players are probably sitting out bc they're not currently under contract. If I was their agent I'd recommend the same thing. The team will go along with it so neither side looks bad even though it's voluntary.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

15 minutes ago, choon328 said:

All of these players are probably sitting out bc they're not currently under contract. If I was their agent I'd recommend the same thing. The team will go along with it so neither side looks bad even though it's voluntary.

Good point!  He shows up but doesn't put himself in harms way.

Gase needs to get this guy signed!!! :P

• Upvote 1

Posted in OTA thread about an hour ago. 

Quinnen Williams nursing calf injury at Jets OTAs

Posted by Josh Alper on May 23, 2019, 12:01 PM EDT

ap_19130638001474-1-e1558627288379.jpg?w
Getty Images

Josh Allen isn’t the only first round pick dealing with a lower body injury as they go through the organized team activity period for the first time.

Jets defensive tackle Quinnen Williams is also a spectator during Thursday’s practice session. Per multiple reports from the team’s practice facility, Williams is dealing with a calf injury and is doing light work on the side while the rest of the team does drills.

There’s no sign that the injury is a major one as those same reports call the team’s decision to hold Williams out is a precautionary one.

Williams was the third overall pick of this year’s draft and is one of 16 first-round picks yet to sign their first NFL contract.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not a bad strategy.  Maybe if we actually fire him twice it will show the world that Chris Johnson means business!

I want to time travel so he can be fired again. On a serious note, I hope Q Williams kills it this year even though I don’t love the pick.