I love Adam Gase

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The big problem what people liked about his nastiness with reporters is also the way he treats his players.

I know a lot of you like this guy but he’s going to be a disaster here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

Nastiness?  What nastiness with reporters?  

Ah, giving direct, succinct answers.  Taking questions head on.

And you know this imagined nastiness is his pattern of treating players how?

LOL, you've whining and complaining about Gase from day 1.  What next?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Agree with the two posters above - a lot of posts / threads are either "Superbowl" or "disaster", with no intermediate position seemingly possible (or allowed). You're either labelled a "Gase lover" or a "Gase hater".

It is possible to have optimism for the long term along with some concerns, or pessimism but with some reasons for hope. :-) 

This guy isn't a middle of the road type coach.

By all accounts, and from what we've seen so far, he's a very abrasive guy.  Unless you win that will get UGLY very fast.  Especially in NY.

This is either a Super Bowl contending team or it will, in fact, be a disaster.  I hope for the former but the latter is far more likely.

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Except it's not day 1.  It's his 4th year in a row as a HC.  Now, if he had a year or two back as an OC, maybe put his ego in check - maybe then I might be more excited.

From everything I've seen so far, he's as bad as advertised.

Let's see...already.

He got the GM that hired him - fired and is already sowing discourse with the players and front office.   He let it be known, publicly, he didn't like the signing of his new All-Pro RB,  he also let the world know he didn't like his new #3 pick overall DT.  He hid-out in the draft room like a child.

This guy is a nut-job - if you guys want to put your head in the sand so be it.

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Except it's not day 1.  It's his 4th year in a row as a HC.  Now, if he had a year or two back as an OC, maybe put his ego in check - maybe then I might be more excited.

Let's see...already.

He got the GM that hired him - fired and is already sowing discourse with the players and front office.   He let it be known, publicly, he didn't like the signing of his new All-Pro RB,  he also let the world know he didn't like his new #3 pick overall DT.  He hid-out in the draft room like a child.

Wow, pretty much got it all swirling around in your imagination.  Any other dreams sequences? 

Bell, discourse, player revolt, Quinnen, pure nonsense.  

Youve out Manished Manish.

• Upvote 2

Here's the reality:

Offensively we are upgrading from Jeremy Bates to Adam Gase---=Win!

We have Darnold in his second season----Win!

We've added Jamison Crowder to replace Kearse----Win!

We added Le'veon Bell.----Huge Win

Traded for Osemele----Win!

Didn't add a Center, although Long was pretty bad last year so this is ----Neutral!

Defensively we replaced Bowles with Gregg Williams.-----I'll go neutral!

Replaced Darron Lee with CJ Mosley-----Win!

Drafted Q. Williams----Win!

Finally drafted an edge Rusher---Neutral (he should be good but there was a reason he was a third rd. pick and let's not pretend Macc was just smarter then everyone else)

Replaced Skrine with Poole----Neutral

Didn't add another CB which was desperately needed----Negative

I'm seeing a lot more positives then negatives and the obvious X-Factor will be Darnold and the offense.  This team should be much better then last year and the first time in a while I'm actually really looking forward to a Jets season.  The key will be the first 6 games but if we come out of that alive, the Wildcard should certainly be the real deal for us.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Let's see...already.

I see you are going to stick to this agenda no matter what.  Yesterday's presser cleared a lot of mis-information about Gase, IMO.  The Jets beat reporters have proven that they will lie, lie, lie at anyone's expense and it's Gase that is in their crosshairs now.  Most of what your opinion was formulated from is patently false and an outright lie: "Gase will trade Bell"  "Gase doesn't like Bell" "Gase doesn't like Mosley or the money they spent on him (when Gase was pushing for Mosley hard)".  All nonsense.  Try not to believe everything you read from the media or from what bitter Dolphin fans will tell you.  So you think Gase is a liar?  Well then what did you think about Rex Ryan?  Because no HC has ever lied more to Jets fans than Ryan did during his tenure here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I see you are going to stick to this agenda no matter what.  Yester's presser cleared a lot of mis information about Gase, IMO.  THe Jets beat reporters have proven that they will lie, lie, lie at anyone's expense and it's Gase that is in their crosshairs now.  Most of whatr yiu formulated your opinion on is patently false and an outright lie: "Gase will trade Bell"  "Gase doesn't like Bell" "Gase doesn't like mosley or the money they spent on him (when Gase was pushing for Mosley hard)".  

Try not to believe everything you read from the media or from what bitter Dolphin fans will tell you.

The thing here is, the press has been right and Gase has proven to be untruthful.  

Look, I don't expect him to be truthful, have no problem with him lying to the press...but they've been correct about what happened.

Bell is not tradable right now, so of course he's not going to trade him.

Gase came here with a reputation - and he has, without question, lived up to it.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The thing here is, the press has been right and Gase has proven to be untruthful.  

Look, I don't expect him to be truthful, have no problem with him lying to the press...but they've been correct about what happened.

Gase came here with a reputation - and he has, without question, lived up to it.

right about what?  Please list specifically the lies you believe Gase has told.  He didn't tell CJ to fire Mac, if that's what you think.  Bullspit.  CJ saw that things were going poorly between them and realized that Mac should have been jettisoned with Bowles and got rid of him before things got worse as the season ans summer training was getting nearer.   But in your view, not only is Gase lying, so is CJ.  

Talk to me when you lose that tin foil hat.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I see you are going to stick to this agenda no matter what.  Yester's presser cleared a lot of mis information about Gase, IMO.  THe Jets beat reporters have proven that they will lie, lie, lie at anyone's expense and it's Gase that is in their crosshairs now.  Most of whatr yiu formulated your opinion on is patently false and an outright lie: "Gase will trade Bell"  "Gase doesn't like Bell" "Gase doesn't like mosley or the money they spent on him (when Gase was pushing for Mosley hard)".  

Try not to believe everything you read from the media or from what bitter Dolphin fans will tell you.

Maybe he'll turn it around.  I certainly hope he does.

After getting the GM fired and allienating key players - maybe he'll learn part of the job is to get along with your players.

Maybe he's figured out how to run an offense better than bottom five in the league.

It's certainly possible, but indications are we're getting a lot of the same of what he was in MIami and that's he's learned nothing.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Dcat said:

right about what?  Please list specifically the lies you believe Gase has told.  He didn't tell CJ to fire Mac, if that's what you think.  Bullspit.  CJ saw that things were going poorly between them and realized that Mac should have been jettisoned with Bowles and got rid of him before things got worse as the season ans summer training was getting nearer.   But in your view, not only is Gase lying, so is CJ.  

Talk to me when you lose that tin foil hat.

I have this awesome bridge...it connects Manhattan and Queens, collects tolls - big money maker.

I just put it up for sale.  As a fellow Jet fan I'll give you a great deal.

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

With all due respect, he hasn't been "proven" to be untruthful.  Some reporters said one thing.  He and CJ said something else.  Do you have a tape recording?  How do you know that CJ didn't call him to tell him he he made the decision on his own?  Sounds like you have an agenda.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Maybe he'll turn it around.  I certainly hope he does.

After getting the GM fired and allienating key players - maybe he'll learn part of the job is to get along with your players.

Maybe he's figured out how to run an offense better than bottom five in the league.

It's certainly possible, but indications are we're getting a lot of the same of what he was in MIami and that's he's learned nothing.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

If you want to believe that Gase "got Mac fired" than be my guest.  At most, Gase helped CJ realize the sad truth about just how bad Mac and his people were (something we've all known for several years here) and then CJ realized what a mistake it would be to have this tension and disharmony continue into the 2019 season.  He made the bold choice and it was the right choice. 

What Jets players has Gase alienated?  Bell loves him.  They have been communicating all along.  Mosley dismissed the bullsht from the press that Gase didn't like the signing (when reports say Gase was pushing to get Mosley).  Mosley and Gase are fine.  SO what Jets has he alienated?  

For Dolphins, if you tell me he alienated the dirtbag named Landry, a character that has been criticized by way more than Gase during his career, then i'd have to respond that Landry is a boob and a clubhouse troublemaker (fact).  How about RB Drake?  Gase chose to stick to a RBBC rather than have the Drake get 90% of the carries?  So what?  Maybe Drake couldn't handle it.  That's a coaching decision and if Drake didn't like it, so what?   So who has Gase alienated on the Jets? 

Other than the media, Gase has alienated no one except for Mac;s incompetent staff, one that is riddled with leaks to the press and that compromises confidentiality at Florham Park.  That scout was fired because he was one of the sources of leaks by the way.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

With all due respect, he hasn't been "proven" to be untruthful.  Some reporters said one thing.  He said something else.  Do you have a tape recording?  How do you know that CJ didn't call him to tell him he he made the decision on his own?  Sounds like you have an agenda.

Truthfully...Do you honestly believe he had nothing to do with Mac's firing? That he had no idea it was going to happen?

I ask that honestly, because I see no other way this could have gone down than him being part of the process.

If you believe it's possible CJ fired Mac and Gase knew nothing about it then I guess that's where you and I see this completely different.  Hence the sharp contrast in view points.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I have this awesome bridge...it connects Manhattan and Queens, collects tolls - big money maker.

I just put it up for sale.  As a fellow Jet fan I'll give you a great deal.

So CJ is a liar then.  

I'm done reading your illogical paranoia about Gase.  CJ fired Mac because he and Gase were NEVER going to see eye-to-eye.  It took a couple of months for that to sink in, thus the firing in May instead of January.  

And, by the way, if Gase engineered the firing, then great for him.  I like it.  Mac had to go and everyone except for the Johnsons could see it.  CJ admitted that he only kept Mac on board when he fired Bowles because he felt uncomfortable with a simultaneous search for both a HC and a GM.   But feel free to adjust the narrative to your agenda. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

With all due respect, he hasn't been "proven" to be untruthful.  Some reporters said one thing.  He said something else.  Do you have a tape recording?  How do you know that CJ didn't call him to tell him he he made the decision on his own?  Sounds like you have an agenda.

Was he in the draft room with Mac. Was he sitting next to mac at the post draft press conference. No. That tells me he knew he,[Mac], was gone. Which makes him out to be a liar.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So CJ is a liar then.  

I'm done reading your illogical paranoia about Gase.  CJ fired Mac because he and Gase were NEVER going to see eye-to-eye.  It took a couple of months for that to sink in, thus the firing in May instead of January.  

And, by the way, if Gase engineered the firing, then great for him.  I like it.  Mac had to go and everyone except for the Johnsons could see it.  CJ admitted that he only kept Mac on board when he fired Bowles because he felt uncomfortable with a simultaneous search for both a HC and a GM.   But feel free to adjust the narrative to your agenda. 

Completely agree here!

Let's leave it at that....

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Truthfully...Do you honestly believe he had nothing to do with Mac's firing? That he had no idea it was going to happen?

I ask that honestly, because I see no other way this could have gone down than him being part of the process.

If you believe it's possible CJ fired Mac and Gase knew nothing about it then I guess that's where you and I see this completely different.  Hence the sharp contrast in view points.

it's like you didn't even listen or acknowledge ANYTHING Chris Johnson said.  Your position clearly holds that Chris Johnson lied to us all.  I don't think so.  CJ was humble and almost apologetic when he told us he realized late what he had to do.  Gase and Mac were a bad match.  It's unfortunate that it took until mid May for the acting Owner to correct his error.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Was he in the draft room with Mac. Was he sitting next to mac at the post draft press conference. No. That tells me he knew he,[Mac], was gone. Which makes him out to be a liar.

LOL.  Gotta love twisted logic.  Nice narrative there.  Fiction is fun

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

it's like you didn't even listen or acknowledge ANYTHING Chris Johnson said.  Your position clearly holds that Chris Johnson lied to us all.  I don't think so.  CJ was humble and almost apologetic when he told us he realized late what he had to do.  Gase and Mac were a bad match.  It's unfortunate that it took until mid May for the acting Owner to correct his error.  

i like cj, he actually seems personally invested in the team now.  getting rid of bowles/mccagnan and adding gase/williams is huge.  and yeah, i credit him and not mccags for these hires.  

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You may think it's implausible but I don't know and neither do you.   That's why it is so silly to say he has been "proven" to be a liar.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

nailed it.  I think people forget this is FOOTBALL, not ballet.  Look Todd Bowles is a great human being; I'd love to have him over for Sunday dinner, but as someone who has played football, he is just not what you want in your football coach.  You don't want a guy being all nicey-nice.  or like Rex being the "player's coach", acting like he's Seinfeld at press conferences, and promising to meet the President.  You want a guy who's gonna be tough on the players; a no-nonsense approach.

Look, I know he has not coached a game for us yet, but based squarely on what he has done thus far, I like what I see.  He was completely setup for failure at that PC yesterday, and just absolutely played it perfectly.  Now let's hope he can do the same with our team come September.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, k-met57 said:

wasn't excited when we got him...

may hate him by week 3 of next season...

but god damn it was good listening to reporters get treated like the tossing sh*t at the wall idiots they are.

I expect a lot of pissy reporting about the jets moving forward by bitter beat writers...and i am ok with that.

Couldn’t agree more

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He let it be known, publicly, he didn't like the signing of his new All-Pro RB,  he also let the world know he didn't like his new #3 pick overall DT.  lots of accusations in your post off of what he has made known publicly.  

Gives us just the publicly made statements just about Bell. 

How he let you and the world know he didn't like his #3 overall DT.

How about what makes him a nut job.  You know should be as easy as Bell and QW comments

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

jet fans love to hype up hot garbage I see it every draft and each time we bring in a new coach-Gase is a proven loser who ran one of the worst offenses in the league-his team got worse under his watch not better-he might be one of the worst coaches we have ever hired. People like him because he is a dick to the press? I want a coach that can win football games-our coach has proven he cant do that. I want a coach that can get the most out of his stars and get players to exceed expectations-Gase has shown he cant do that.  Until I see otherwise Gase is what his actual record says he is-a loser coach that cant coach offense

So by your proclamations Bill Belicheck couldn't win in NE. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Let's not get too carried away with Gase just yet.  He seems like he's got a combustible personality, meaning the "this is going to end REALLY BADLY" potential is far greater than usual for a Jet HC.

So did the Tuna who treated the media like they were idiots and he was right..:-k

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Qualifier: Gase never lied about Maccagnan. He only said he was annoyed that the story got out. 

I have not heard lies from Gase  Those are all suppositions on the part of the viewers.  Fact is, in this business, good luck finding the pristine truth anywhere.