I love Adam Gase

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Truly incredible how this place went from jumping off bridges after Gase was named HC to gang tackling anyone who publicly expresses doubts or negative views about him 

Gase is to Maccagnan what Idzik was to Rex

• WTF? 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Matt Patricia said some of the stuff that BB said too but, ultimately, he's just a guy with a pencil in his ear.

We don’t know that yet, he’s only been there one season. Belichick was 5-11 in his first season with N E.

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The big problem what people liked about his nastiness with reporters is also the way he treats his players.

I know a lot of you like this guy but he’s going to be a disaster here.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

For you to definitively state this is as fact is as just as hyperbole as those saying he will most definitely lead the Jets to a SB. Let's assume nothing and just see what happens. I personally feel positive about this situation, but it is still in the honeymoon phase as far as his relationship with the roster goes.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The big problem what people liked about his nastiness with reporters is also the way he treats his players.

He wasn’t a disaster with Miami and he was playing with no QB. Can we see how it plays out before declaring it a disaster?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Agree with the two posters above - a lot of posts / threads are either "Superbowl" or "disaster", with no intermediate position seemingly possible (or allowed). You're either labelled a "Gase lover" or a "Gase hater".

It is possible to have optimism for the long term along with some concerns, or pessimism but with some reasons for hope. :-) 

jet fans love to hype up hot garbage I see it every draft and each time we bring in a new coach-Gase is a proven loser who ran one of the worst offenses in the league-his team got worse under his watch not better-he might be one of the worst coaches we have ever hired. People like him because he is a dick to the press? I want a coach that can win football games-our coach has proven he cant do that. I want a coach that can get the most out of his stars and get players to exceed expectations-Gase has shown he cant do that.  Until I see otherwise Gase is what his actual record says he is-a loser coach that cant coach offense

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, MasterChiefJets said:

It was God-like to see him tackle every question and stump every so-called journalist. 

I loved what I saw and am a fan of the man now. Now I hope to be a strong fan of his coaching come September and Interim GM skills until they find a replacement.

he is smarter than they are.  that is not hard.  and he does not suffer fools.  they qulify in that regard too.  Is he a good coach?  Who knows.  I suspect he might be.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Truly incredible how this place went from jumping off bridges after Gase was named HC to gang tackling anyone who publicly expresses doubts or negative views about him 

because no one had facts. they had hearsay from a dysfunctional organiation in a dysfunctional sports town

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

jet fans love to hype up hot garbage I see it every draft and each time we bring in a new coach-Gase is a proven loser who ran one of the worst offenses in the league-his team got worse under his watch not better-he might be one of the worst coaches we have ever hired. People like him because he is a dick to the press? I want a coach that can win football games-our coach has proven he cant do that. I want a coach that can get the most out of his stars and get players to exceed expectations-Gase has shown he cant do that.  Until I see otherwise Gase is what his actual record says he is-a loser coach that cant coach offense

giphy.webp

11 hours ago, SR24 said:

Thanks for posting this.  

When are Jets fans going to realize that the Jets' beat reporters lie to them constantly?  And many people on this board believe it all.  Just like Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts who spent an hour the other day discussing how stupid it would be for the Jets to trade Lev Bell. Like it would ever happen.  Waste of air time.  They believed the idiots out there with stupid hypotheticals and not one shred of evidence.

• Upvote 1

He made the playoffs with a so so roster and Tannehill as QB. To say he has proven he can’t win is nonsense.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

Gase’s presser reminded me of BB a little bit. He was more engaged and personable but sorta the same F you and you’re snarky attitude you pricks.

without the success of course, but my point is it’s not necessarily a bad thing and feels like what this team needs. It’s a total tinder box that could explode but if there’s success there’s a chance it could work out beautifully...or explode our faces off, but I’m saying there’s a chance...

More personable than Bill Belichick? C'mon there's no need for such ridiculous hyperbole. 

:) 

45 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

He wasn’t a disaster with Miami and he was playing with no QB. Can we see how it plays out before declaring it a disaster?

Sub .500 and a point differential in three years of negative 400 plus isn’t a disaster? And the no QB thing isn’t an excuse if he’s as good an offensive guru as he says he is. Also, he had basically full run of the roster in Miami so if he had no QB that’s on him as well. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You keep hoping. I'll say one thing for you, you've been a broken record on your contempt for Gase. Please don't come back at the end of the season and say "I'm so happy I was wrong." It will be thoroughly phony.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Some people in this place were jumping off bridges -- and screaming invectives all the way. But a few loud voices don't constitute a representative sample. My sense was that there were many people who saw it as a solid hire and a step up and many who were "wait and see." This thread seems to be capturing the usual handful of suspects in the bridge-jumping contingent. What's striking is their absolute conviction that they are right. Not sure how they arrived at that level of certainty but there is.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FloridaJetsFan said:

I agree. But there are plenty of naysayers on this site (T0m) who will criticize everything he does until we have a 13-3 record!

Even that won't stop the "Dominating" @T0mShane. It will have to be SB or nothing! Which, after 50 years I can't take issue with. 

We are due!!

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

Gase’s presser reminded me of BB a little bit. He was more engaged and personable but sorta the same F you and you’re snarky attitude you pricks.

without the success of course, but my point is it’s not necessarily a bad thing and feels like what this team needs. It’s a total tinder box that could explode but if there’s success there’s a chance it could work out beautifully...or explode our faces off, but I’m saying there’s a chance...

Agreed.   He probably doesn’t realize it but that’s what I saw.    Also the viser down looking down to keep attention away from his eyes.    

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Even that won't stop the "Dominating" @T0mShane. It will have to be SB or nothing! Which, after 50 years I can't take issue with. 

We are due!!

YOU DICKS. I’m the guy who defends John Idzik and Eric Mangini on this hellsite. If a guy works hard, demonstrates some semblance of a coherent plan, and at least appears smart, I’ll support that person in their endeavors. If you’re a mush or an idiot or a self-promoter, I will throw you off a bridge. I’m old school. I’m an American. I’m a real man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

YOU DICKS. I’m the guy who defends John Idzik and Eric Mangini on this hellsite. If a guy works hard, demonstrates that he has some semblance of a coherent plan, and at least appears smart, I’ll support that person in their endeavors. If you’re a mush or an idiot or a self-promoter, I’ll will throw you off a bridge. I’m old school. I’m an American. I’m a real man. 

Bill Parcels was worse for the Jets than Jamal Adams will be at the end of his career. 

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Bill Parcels was worse for the Jets than Jamal Adams will be at the end of his career. 

The only thing that Bill Parcells and Jamal Adams have in common is that both of their Jets careers will have lasted four years. 

1 hour ago, zonajetfan said:

For you to definitively state this is as fact is as just as hyperbole as those saying he will most definitely lead the Jets to a SB. Let's assume nothing and just see what happens. I personally feel positive about this situation, but it is still in the honeymoon phase as far as his relationship with the roster goes.

It is, in fact, a fact.  Don't act like this guy wasn't just a failure of a head coach in our own division.

We can't and shouldn't assume nothing -  He's a known quantity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

He had a losing record and put up bottom 5 offenses every year as HC.

What QB did Todd Bowles have?  Why didn't we keep him and see how it plays out?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

From afar I had zero interest in who I thought was an a-hole. 

From what I read. Players, front office, owner, all hated him. 

Apparently that wasn’t the case.

He is a no nonsense do not give a sh*t football junkie that is going to transform this franchise. 

I love Adam Gase. 

Isn't that what the media told us he is? I guess the media is often a bunch of talent-less lying scumbags who actually know very little, only care about their own personal advancement, and don't care what they trample and destroy in the process.

9 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I like him better wearing a hat 

yeah me too. he seems less crazy & related to Marty Feldman. 

I enjoyed the presser but will reserve judgement til midseason. I didn't like the hire but became impressed on his coaching staff build. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

2 games under .500 (split with the patriots*) vs 14 games under .500 (never beat the patriots*). I'd say there is somewhat of a difference. We'll see soon enough for sure.

32 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You keep hoping. I'll say one thing for you, you've been a broken record on your contempt for Gase. Please don't come back at the end of the season and say "I'm so happy I was wrong." It will be thoroughly phony.

I will be ecstatic if I'm wrong, couldn't be happier. 

But prickly HC's, that don't get along with their players and the front office - typically don't prove to be very successful.  His previous role certainly supports that premise.

I have nothing personal against Gase - I hope he does well - the contempt is mostly for CJ for hiring him in the 1st place.

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only thing that Bill Parcells and Jamal Adams have in common is that both of their Jets careers will have lasted four years. 

Even then, they'll have the same number of rings with the Jets, but Adams won't have cost us Peyton Manning and Bill Belichick.

52 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sub .500 and a point differential in three years of negative 400 plus isn’t a disaster? And the no QB thing isn’t an excuse if he’s as good an offensive guru as he says he is. Also, he had basically full run of the roster in Miami so if he had no QB that’s on him as well. 

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The last 3 years Todd Bowles was 14 and 34, and don't even get into his point differential, with 3 OC's in 3 years, that is what I would call a disaster. 

Gase was 23 and 25 with one playoff appearance.

Neither had a QB for the bulk of their time.

Gase was not great in Miami, but to say he was a disaster is a huge stretch. We were not getting a proven great coach, just wasn't happening. We were choosing between retreads with warts, or an unproven newbie. We have been down the unproven newbie road before the past 5 coaches, and none have worked out. 

Gase is said to be smart, he is young, seems to be a no-nonsense guy and said to be a good Offensive mind. Im not saying he's a sure thing to be great or even good, but IMO he was as good of a choice as anyone we could have gotten. If he clicks with Darnold and develops Darnold and they have some success, his prickly attitude will be part of his charm. If not, it will make for a faster undoing.

Declaring anything in either direction is premature.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It is, in fact, a fact.  Don't act like this guy wasn't just a failure of a head coach in our own division.

We can't and shouldn't assume nothing -  He's a known quantity.

A failure? No, a disappointment..ok I'll give you that. He endured QB injury and just plain poor play from the most important position in sports. He did make the playoffs once and actually had a serviceable record. Hopefully for our sake he learned from his mistakes like all of us hopefully do when we mess up. This a microcosm of larger issues we face in society to label him a known commodity and then label it as a fact. Belichick failed in Cleveland, the Pats fans sure are glad they didn't assume he was a known commodity. If you want to die on the hill that he will fail, go right ahead, but to label him a failure I'd just so short-sighted.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Anyway, the point was that while I also like Gase, lumping him into your logic of supporting good guys is flawed because you love parcells and think idzik was good. Counterpoint: Idzik's drafting was significantly sh*ttier than Maccs, and Parcells' jersey shore attitude cost us almost two decades of one of the GOAT QBs.