Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This guy isn't a middle of the road type coach.

By all accounts, and from what we've seen so far, he's a very abrasive guy.  Unless you win that will get UGLY very fast.  Especially in NY.

This is either a Super Bowl contending team or it will, in fact, be a disaster.  I hope for the former but the latter is far more likely.

Unless you win it will get ugly with any coach . If the Jets came out of the gate 0-5 with Mike McCarthy you'd hear rumors of how he didn;'t get along with Sam or with another player ......

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are definitely things I really like about him, but I worry about his people skills/tendency to wear people out. 

I think he's a classic boom or bust hire.

He's obviously a very smart, no nonsense football guy who will improve this team in x's and o's by a country mile. However, it remains to be seen whether he can successfully manage personalities and inspire grown men to prepare/practice/play hard for him, day in and day out, for more than a couple of years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

So did the Tuna who treated the media like they were idiots and he was right..:-k

There was never a point where I questioned whether the Tuna was be a literal psychopath though. Gase seems like he could lose control at any time. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

There are definitely things I really like about him, but I worry about his people skills/tendency to wear people out. 

 

I think as long as he doesn't wear out Sam he can be successful for a long time.

Football rosters are constantly turning over--how may guys play 10 years for the same team?

I think the constant refreshing of the roster will play to this potential issue.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

There are definitely things I really like about him, but I worry about his people skills/tendency to wear people out. 

I think he's a classic boom or bust hire.

He's obviously a very smart, no nonsense football guy who will improve this team in x's and o's by a country mile. However, it remains to be seen whether he can successfully manage personalities and inspire grown men to prepare/practice/play hard for him, day in and day out, for more than a couple of years. 

I hope Gase can mellow out a little regarding the players other than that I have zero problem with anything he’s done so far including getting Wackagnan fired

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have any feelings about Gase as Jets Coach.  He wasn't my preference, but he was the guy, so he's the guy.

I care if he wins or if he loses. 

Since he hasn't done either yet, there is nothing of real substance upon which to judge him (here) yet.

I very much look forward to seeing actual games, plays, drives and schemes to see if Gase is any good or not.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

**** Lane Kiffin with a crooked broomstick that has been dipped in kerosene and is engulfed in flames.

signed,

UT fan

 

Sorry, took a moment....”UT” to us is Texas, always has been.  

Don’t get butt hurt, I have several Tennessee friends, and I’ll be moving out there to Franklin to live part time, and I’ll open my house and kitchen to all of them.    There will be huge USC (and Vanderbilt) flags flying outside my house.  We go back and forth with the trash talking all the time.  Love Vol fans passion.  

This is old, but appropriate at the time.....

5A12D11C-642D-4DA0-94D2-932CA7A04674.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There was never a point where I questioned whether the Tuna was be a literal psychopath though. Gase seems like he could lose control at any time. 

That was because he had prior success with the Giants . The fans and reporters respected/feared him. It didn't make him any less of a psycho though. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

That was because he had prior success with the Giants . The fans and reporters respected/feared him. It didn't make him any less of a psycho though. 

Nah.  Parcells was a very demanding HC but you could tell he was at least human   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jet fans love to hype up hot garbage I see it every draft and each time we bring in a new coach-Gase is a proven loser who ran one of the worst offenses in the league-his team got worse under his watch not better-he might be one of the worst coaches we have ever hired. People like him because he is a dick to the press? I want a coach that can win football games-our coach has proven he cant do that. I want a coach that can get the most out of his stars and get players to exceed expectations-Gase has shown he cant do that.  Until I see otherwise Gase is what his actual record says he is-a loser coach that cant coach offense


Bill Belichick was fired by Cleveland after going 5-11. I’m sure a Pats fan back in the day had the same rant as this. Give the guy a chance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

 


Bill Belichick was fired by Cleveland after going 5-11. I’m sure a Pats fan back in the day had the same rant as this. Give the guy a chance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Exactly.  I'm not saying Gase will turn out like BB, but come on!  At least let the guy coach a game first!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nah.  Parcells was a very demanding HC but you could tell he was at least human   

Certainly wasn't my take on him , I never met him personally but was at a few functions that he was at and he seemed like a self righteous prick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Unless you win it will get ugly with any coach . If the Jets came out of the gate 0-5 with Mike McCarthy you'd hear rumors of how he didn;'t get along with Sam or with another player ......

I dont really care if the press finds him abrasive.  I saw loser Bowles sleepwalk through pressers for years.  I saw Rex try to "win over" these morons before that.  They are morons, pure and simple.  And for fans to regard them as some kind of measuring stick on the coach is a losing mentality.  Trust your own intelligence. Use your own logic. Not theirs.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Certainly wasn't my take on him , I never met him personally but was at a few functions that he was at and he seemed like a self righteous prick. 

I never thought Parcells was human

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I dont really care if the press finds him abrasive.  I saw loser Bowles sleepwalk through pressers for years.  I saw Rex try to "win over" these morons before that.  They are morons, pure and simple.  And for fans to regard them as some kind of measuring stick on the coach is a losing mentality.  Trust your own intelligence. Use your own logic. Not theirs.

It's not about how he treats the press. Couldn't care less about that. Does he have the same abrasive attitude with the players. If players respectfully question their role, or playing time, are they treated with respect? Or are they told to shut up, and just play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, genot said:

It's not about how he treats the press. Couldn't care less about that. Does he have the same abrasive attitude with the players. If players respectfully question their role, or playing time, are they treated with respect? Or are they told to shut up, and just play?

This is some fantasy people have.  A couple of neer do wells whine. I dont listen to that kind of crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jack48 said:

This is some fantasy people have.  A couple of neer do wells whine. I dont listen to that kind of crap

Workplace environment is important. It's NFL football, but don't discount the fact it's still a workplace. I haven't formed a judgement about Gase, that way. I am concerned, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, genot said:

Workplace environment is important. It's NFL football, but don't discount the fact it's still a workplace. I haven't formed a judgement about Gase, that way. I am concerned, though.

Just checking your not advocating for a safe space for players that get their feelings hurt if Gase or Williams yell at them?? Remember when Parcells kicked Chrebet in the leg to see if he was ready to play??

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Just checking your not advocating for a safe space for players that get their feelings hurt if Gase or Williams yell at them?? Remember when Parcells kicked Chrebet in the leg to see if he was ready to play??

Of course not. I expect the coach though to listen to players concerns, without fear of losing playing time,being disrespected, or being shipped off to some other team.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a smart and driven guy who likes to work with people of the same mindset. I think he’s gonna be a great coach.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Unless you win it will get ugly with any coach . If the Jets came out of the gate 0-5 with Mike McCarthy you'd hear rumors of how he didn;'t get along with Sam or with another player ......

We just had a middle of the road coach drool on himself for 4 years I want a guy who will hold players accordingly

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

YOU DICKS. I’m the guy who defends John Idzik and Eric Mangini on this hellsite. If a guy works hard, demonstrates some semblance of a coherent plan, and at least appears smart, I’ll support that person in their endeavors. If you’re a mush or an idiot or a self-promoter, I will throw you off a bridge. I’m old school. I’m an American. I’m a real man. 

American men are women now, you old school bigot.

But yeah, at least he’s supposedly smart. So there’s something to work with. May not have been a particularly good HC before, and may not be here when we look back, but from where we are today at least he might learn to become one since it’s not beyond the capacity of his brane powurz. 

 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time a coach handled the NY media like this was Parcells. Now he needs to win or this gets ugly real fast for him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The complete opposite of Toilet Bowles who I despised. So yes I like Gase for that alone. And he seems smart enough not to punt on 4th and 3 down by 6 in the 4th quarter with 2 mins left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, genot said:

If players respectfully question their role, or playing time, are they treated with respect? Or are they told to shut up, and just play?

I think the call in Dr Phil for an intervention and then talk it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jack48 said:

that he has been hired a lot by a lot of different people. that he has OCd a team to a Super Bowl. Stuff like that.

Ah, ok. We knew all that when he was hired. I thought you meant facts about what he has done since, which I would suggest is very little. There really isn’t much to change one’s opinion about Gase between when he was hired and now, unless you care that he maybe “backstabbed” Macc (Show of hands? Anyone?). Obviously this will change as the summer goes on and the season starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sorry, took a moment....”UT” to us is Texas, always has been.  

Don’t get butt hurt, I have several Tennessee friends, and I’ll be moving out there to Franklin to live part time, and I’ll open my house and kitchen to all of them.    There will be huge USC (and Vanderbilt) flags flying outside my house.  We go back and forth with the trash talking all the time.  Love Vol fans passion.  

This is old, but appropriate at the time.....

5A12D11C-642D-4DA0-94D2-932CA7A04674.jpeg

Nah, I just don't get the connection.  It is funny knowing Al Davis called out Lane the pain.  He was right, snake in the grass.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/usc-fired-coach-lane-kiffin-on-plane-2013-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 6:44 AM, FidelioJet said:

The big problem what people liked about his nastiness with reporters is also the way he treats his players.

I know a lot of you like this guy but he’s going to be a disaster here.



Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

I hope he brings some discipline to this team!  My biggest frustration with Bowles was the stupid boneheaded mistakes and penalties that destroyed plays both on offense and defense.  It was like the players knew they had a free pass. 

One thing I always miss about Parcells was his scowl when someone did something stupid and had to walk past him to the sideline.   That alone could add a few wins to this season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jgb said:

Ah, ok. We knew all that when he was hired. I thought you meant facts about what he has done since, which I would suggest is very little. There really isn’t much to change one’s opinion about Gase between when he was hired and now, unless you care that he maybe “backstabbed” Macc (Show of hands? Anyone?). Obviously this will change as the summer goes on and the season starts.

That is a supposition, and most of what we hear about gase is leak and rumor.  The fact is that you do not win in htis league when your QB sucks.  Yet he had a winning record with Tannehill, who was hurt most of the time.  And I personally think Tannehill sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There was never a point where I questioned whether the Tuna was be a literal psychopath though. Gase seems like he could lose control at any time. 

At the same time his press conference was Manish doing his best to illicit such a response and Gase kept it under his hat. 

I think he will be fine if he keeps his hat on. If not it will be like Cyclops from X men when he takes his glasses off, he will burn this bitch down!

” Keep your hat on Adam, Gotham City is depending on you.”

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Unless you win it will get ugly with any coach . If the Jets came out of the gate 0-5 with Mike McCarthy you'd hear rumors of how he didn;'t get along with Sam or with another player ......

i think i rather it not work out and blow up by week 8 then spend the next 5 years with a coach that lets everything slide and builds a culture of mediocrity and lack of accountability like bowles did.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2019 at 7:51 AM, kmnj said:

jet fans love to hype up hot garbage I see it every draft and each time we bring in a new coach-Gase is a proven loser who ran one of the worst offenses in the league-his team got worse under his watch not better-he might be one of the worst coaches we have ever hired. People like him because he is a dick to the press? I want a coach that can win football games-our coach has proven he cant do that. I want a coach that can get the most out of his stars and get players to exceed expectations-Gase has shown he cant do that.  Until I see otherwise Gase is what his actual record says he is-a loser coach that cant coach offense

Whats interesting about this post is that the factual parts of it happen to be completely wrong, so Im curious how you got to your opinion,

"Get the most out of his stars" - you know that he was the coordinator for Manning's 55 TD pass season right?  Id say thats getting the most out of a star player.

"I want a coach that can win football games" - Winning isnt as simple as looking at a W-L record.  Gase got a 10 win season out of a team with Ryan Tannenhill and Matt More at QB.  Miami played in our division (so played the same opponents), and had similar talent to the jets and yet Gase won 23 games while the Bowles led jets won 14.   Gase

If you dont like Gase's personality thats one thing, but the guy can coach football.  Im not sure how his personality will hold up but as far as Xs and Os that really shouldnt be in doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

**** Lane Kiffin with a crooked broomstick that has been dipped in kerosene and is engulfed in flames.

signed,

UT fan

 

Agreed. Go Vols.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jack48 said:

That is a supposition, and most of what we hear about gase is leak and rumor.  The fact is that you do not win in htis league when your QB sucks.  Yet he had a winning record with Tannehill, who was hurt most of the time.  And I personally think Tannehill sucks

Yeah again these are among the old facts upon which people have already formed their opinions. New/changing opinions are driven by new facts. Of those, we will have plenty to chew on soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...