Rob Ninkovich on with Golic & Wingo

It's probably too late to tune in, but wow is this an informative football interview. Go check it out on the ESPN website later, you will not regret it. 

http://c.espnradio.com/audio/3642355/golicwingo_2019-05-24-100555.mp3

Interview starts at 6 minutes. Detailed Xs & Os talk starts at about 11 minutes

Edited by Doggin94it
Added link

Listening to it now.  It's actual football talk by an actual football player.  Essentially goes over my head, but at the very least you can appreciate how complicated just the mental aspect of the game is.  And I'm guessing that if you've actually played football, you'll find it even more interesting...

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m torn because I’d rather stick an ice pick through my frontal lobe than listen to Mike Golic and his son trying to interview anyone, but I’d be kind of interested in what makes this an interesting interview 

Golic and Greeny worked.  I could listen to them.   Golic's son is a freaking moron, and he has taken Mike Sr. from a decent guy to listen to on the radio to someone I can no longer stand. 

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Did you just find our new GM? 

He was in yesterday morning.  He ranked the QBs from last year's draft.

Had Rosen 5

Allen 4

Darnold 3

Baker 2

The best, Jackson at 1.

As a passer.

He's no GM

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Golic and Greeny worked.  I could listen to them.   Golic's son is a freaking moron, and he has taken Mike Sr. from a decent guy to listen to on the radio to someone I can no longer stand. 

Mike and Mike was horrible.  Show was successful only because Howard Stern left terrestrial radio in 2006 so all his male listeners needed something else to listen to while driving to work

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, thshadow said:

Listening to it now.  It's actual football talk by an actual football player.  Essentially goes over my head, but at the very least you can appreciate how complicated just the mental aspect of the game is.  And I'm guessing that if you've actually played football, you'll find it even more interesting...

I agree - it was fascinating how intricate the defensive coverages are. QBs got a LOT on their plate when trying to decipher what the D is doing!!! Most of it was Greek to me, but still ...

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Mike and Mike was horrible.  Show was successful only because Howard Stern left terrestrial radio in 2006 so all his male listeners needed something else to listen to while driving to work

Nah, I could listen to them.   Now, there is no way.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m torn because I’d rather stick an ice pick through my frontal lobe than listen to Mike Golic and his son trying to interview anyone, but I’d be kind of interested in what makes this an interesting interview 

Seriously.  I remember being slightly excited about Golic and Wingo because I like Wingo but my gawd, the Golic's are just awful. 

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Seriously.  I remember being slightly excited about Golic and Wingo because I like Wingo but my gawd, the Golic's are just awful. 

Imagine the hundreds of people laboring away around the country on the ESPN Radio network who would kill or die to work a single shift on a national broadcast who had to watch Mike Golic strong-arm his bosses into giving that cherry job to his talentless failson. 

On 5/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, Philc1 said:

Rob Nonkovich X’s And O’s discussion:

1. Tape the other teams signals and pregame walkthroughs 

2. Take steroids 

3. Get blown dry by the refs working for Vegas

Growing up my dad liked to bet football more than he should have. And he was always convinced there were games that how ever you look at it got decided by things other than the players and coaches. Tim Donaghy was not a lone wolf. Don't think it happens every week nor every game nor even every season. May be way easier for an NBA ref to fix a game, but an odd holding or PI on a big play is huge. Recall Ravens/Jints Super Bowl; a phantom defensive holding gets called on a Giants' 1st quarter pick 6, game totally turns around. Heard George Young and Ernie Accorsi were losing their sheet, but other than that kind of groaning, what can anyone really do. Refs are human and the money is rightthere. With the expansion of legal sports gambling we are going to see more Donaghys. And most of them are not going to get caught; it will look like a few bad calls. Even if a major league sports league found refs betting, the league would be more likely to cover it up than root it out. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:22 AM, T0mShane said:

So, when I was a kid my father would take me to work a lot. At no time did it occur to any of my father's supervisors that it would be a good idea to let an unqualified kid go and join the search and recovery dive team....

I was still more qualified at 17 to do that then Mike Golicc junior is to do what hes trying to do now....lol

• Haha 1