Jets officially request interviews

15 minutes ago, King P said:

Champ Kelly is definitely a well respected man in NFL circles. Why are you assuming he's just someone being used to fulfill the Rooney Rule obligation ??

Because it's been widely leaked that Joe Douglas is calling around and assembling his staff?

I don't think it's meant as a slight on Kelly. I just think it's obvious Douglas is the guy and the only other guy they're even interviewing meets the Rooney requirement.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I think Douglas has a bigger job/more responsibility than Kelly currently has. 

Kelly is only an Assistant Director of Personnel.

One of Mac's problems was that he did not know how to be GM.  

Douglas' experience, plus working under Roseman, should position him well.

The Bears have been drafting well.  Let Kelly continue to develop.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not entirely fair. It’s because the Jets intentionally built their fan base in and around Suffolk County and Staten Island, which is basically Expensive Kentucky 

never met a single jet fan from Suffolk county

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Not entirely fair. It’s because the Jets intentionally built their fan base in and around Suffolk County and Staten Island, which is basically Expensive Kentucky 

That's fair. I was in Huntington once and it was like somebody shipwrecked a supertanker full of olive oil in the white part of Shaker Heights.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Is it your experience that people tend to admit to being Jets fans or from Suffolk County?

Sometimes I see people in public with Jets paraphernalia on and I wonder why they’d choose to self-identify that way. Why invite that derision? 

31 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Hello Mr. Kelly! First let me say how very grateful we are for you traveling all the way to New Jersey to play charades for 20 minutes. Donut?

I laughed out loud until I realized just how ineffective, inefficient and sad it is. But it does give aspiring minority candidates an opportunity to have somewhat real interviews and a more complete picture of the process and what's needed. So there's always that. It as also allows greater quantity of exposure, albeit forced, but probably elevates many minority candidates from going through it. 

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I laughed out loud until I realized just how ineffective, inefficient and sad it is. But it does give aspiring minority candidates an opportunity to have somewhat real interviews and a more complete picture of the process and what's needed. So there's as always that.

You make it sound like they're gonna show him which fork is for the soup.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

That's ridiculous. There are tons of Jet fans in Suffolk County unless this is some kind of sarcasm. 

I wasnt be sarcastic, and I would never have thought of it if the idea hadnt been planted in my head...

its just an odd datum.