Untouchable

Jets officially request interviews

2 hours ago, King P said:

1) We don't know if all of that is 100% true

2) Just because Douglas is the favorite doesn't mean he's guaranteed the job. He's gotta interview and go through the process for confirmation.

3) Calling Champ a Rooney interview is very much a slight on Kelly and quite disrespectful. It's almost like saying somebody got a certain job or got into a certain school because of "affirmative action". Maybe, just maybe, Champ has all the qualifications needed to become a GM while also just happening to fulfill a requirement. Instead of being called a Rooney interview, which implies that he's only being brought in to fulfill a requirement and ignoring his qualifications

There’s plenty of people that got jobs or in school because of affirmative action. 

As for as the GM job goes we’ll know as soon as they hire someone. If they hire Douglas without interviewing anyone else Champ was a Rooney Rule and it’s not like it doesn’t happen all the time. 

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I used to do that in South Florida. But to be honest, I just wanted to start fights and beat the sh*t out of Florida cracker rednecks and 5'5" Cubans who thought they were tough.  So, yeah, whatever. 

Where were you finding Florida cracker rednecks (nice double standard on racism) in South Florida? 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’d wear this Jets shirt every now and then when I lived in Rochester and dudes would say “Jets fan? I’m sorry!” and I’d have that Leo DiCaprio moment from The Departed where the guy makes the wise crack about cranberry juice being for periods and he breaks the glass over his head 

I’ve been wearing Jets shirts in south Florida for over 20 years and never had a word said to me. You see Jets gear all the time, no one in south Florida cares. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Really? LOL. Try to keep up....on second thought, never mind. FFS....

Apparently you’re not keeping up. I was wondering where in south Florida you were. It sounds like you were in central Florida. 

30 minutes ago, Drums said:

What if we made one gm and the other president? **** it

That’s not a bad idea

Just now, T0mShane said:

South Florida is filed with gays and you look like a Hell’s Angel parolee who has bodies buried in his basement 

We buried them in the swamp down here, there’s  no basements.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

West Palm, PBC, Lake Worth, Royal Palm, Acerage, Jupiter, Stuart, Clematis Street, Jupiter Farms, Dade, Broward, Joe Robbie (or whatever they call that sh*t this week).  Used to be everywhere. Good ol boy "crackers" they call themselves....I just call them Rednecks. Whatever. 

Im White/Irish as ****. Families from Ballinrobe, Mayo Co.....near Galway.  

Wearing Jets stuff up in Boston in the 90s was fun. Boring. Nobody cared, there were NO PATS FANS. LOL

All the crackers left South Florida years ago. Now you get sh*t if you wear an American flag. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't know exactly how it would play out for denial of an actual interview, but if it wasn't a "raise" in either of their responsibility, then yes they could block it.  

In this case though, if the Jets offer full control of the 53 man roster, they can't "block" then from leaving.

That's my understanding at least.

That’s pretty much what the we’re saying on the radio. Fatass was trashing the Jets as usual and applying that the Eagles should refuse because it’s probably not a real GM job. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company