Jets officially request interviews

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Apparently you’re not keeping up. I was wondering where in south Florida you were. It sounds like you were in central Florida. 

West Palm, PBC, Lake Worth, Royal Palm, Acerage, Jupiter, Stuart, Clematis Street, Jupiter Farms, Dade, Broward, Joe Robbie (or whatever they call that sh*t this week).  Used to be everywhere. Good ol boy "crackers" they call themselves....I just call them Rednecks. Whatever. 

Im White/Irish as ****. Families from Ballinrobe, Mayo Co.....near Galway.  

Wearing Jets stuff up in Boston in the 90s was fun. Boring. Nobody cared, there were NO PATS FANS. LOL

34 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

West Palm, PBC, Lake Worth, Royal Palm, Acerage, Jupiter, Stuart, Clematis Street, Jupiter Farms, Dade, Broward, Joe Robbie (or whatever they call that sh*t this week).  Used to be everywhere. Good ol boy "crackers" they call themselves....I just call them Rednecks. Whatever. 

Im White/Irish as ****. Families from Ballinrobe, Mayo Co.....near Galway.  

Wearing Jets stuff up in Boston in the 90s was fun. Boring. Nobody cared, there were NO PATS FANS. LOL

All the crackers left South Florida years ago. Now you get sh*t if you wear an American flag. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Why are people assuming it's only these two guys? Article says list has things out, and "among them"are Douglas and Kelly. Could be any number of candidates / Rooney Rule qualifiers.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not entirely fair. It’s because the Jets intentionally built their fan base in and around Suffolk County and Staten Island, which is basically Expensive Kentucky 

Which one are you from?  I'm from the southern part of Expensive Kentucky: SI baby!  Where else can you get better...ummm....better.....well at least we have easier access to West Expensive Kentucky....aka Jersey

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I once dumped a prospective fiancée because she bought me a Jets jersey for Christmas. 

But was she hot?  If so, bad move.  Sorry, but hotness always trumps bad gift giving and pretty much everything else.  If she wasn't then any excuse would do.  I don't know the details, but I imagine this is how it all went down:  Her: "Honey I love you so much, I got you a little something to show my love"  You: "You LOVE me?  A ******* Jamal Adams Jets Jersey, **** you, get your sh*t and get out and take this ******* excuse for a Jersey with you"  ?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Losmeister said:

never met a single jet fan from Suffolk county

Suffolk?  Isn't that in England?  Wrong country man!  But then again, our illustrious owner is the ambassador to England so perhaps there are some Jets fans there.

4 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Suffolk?  Isn't that in England?  Wrong country man!  But then again, our illustrious owner is the ambassador to England so perhaps there are some Jets fans there.

I would dare guess that fact would more than likely reduce the number instead. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, varjet said:

I think Douglas has a bigger job/more responsibility than Kelly currently has. 

Kelly is only an Assistant Director of Personnel.

One of Mac's problems was that he did not know how to be GM.  

Douglas' experience, plus working under Roseman, should position him well.

The Bears have been drafting well.  Let Kelly continue to develop.  

This may all be true but they are both well respected candidates who have previously worked with Gase.    If I’m Johnson I give both time to interview both and hear their analysis of the Jets draft process and roster.   Then pick the one you like best.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, afjetsfan said:

Her: "Honey I love you so much, I got you a little something to show my love"  You: "You LOVE me?  A ******* Jamal Adams Jets Jersey, **** you, get your sh*t and get out and take this ******* excuse for a Jersey with you"  ?

Sounds like a TOm Shane love story

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Not entirely fair. It’s because the Jets intentionally built their fan base in and around Suffolk County and Staten Island, which is basically Expensive Kentucky 

Heh. I guess that makes outer Boston expensive Alabama.

51 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

This may all be true but they are both well respected candidates who have previously worked with Gase.    If I’m Johnson I give both time to interview both and hear their analysis of the Jets draft process and roster.   Then pick the one you like best.

True, but this is a bigger job than just the Draft.  Free agents, our own free agents, etc. 

On 5/24/2019 at 4:04 PM, King P said:

1) We don't know if all of that is 100% true

2) Just because Douglas is the favorite doesn't mean he's guaranteed the job. He's gotta interview and go through the process for confirmation.

3) Calling Champ a Rooney interview is very much a slight on Kelly and quite disrespectful. It's almost like saying somebody got a certain job or got into a certain school because of "affirmative action". Maybe, just maybe, Champ has all the qualifications needed to become a GM while also just happening to fulfill a requirement. Instead of being called a Rooney interview, which implies that he's only being brought in to fulfill a requirement and ignoring his qualifications

They renamed affirmative action, it's now called adversity score.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Can the Eagles and/or Bears refuse the interview request?

I don't know exactly how it would play out for denial of an actual interview, but if it wasn't a "raise" in either of their responsibility, then yes they could block it.  

In this case though, if the Jets offer full control of the 53 man roster, they can't "block" then from leaving.

That's my understanding at least.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't know exactly how it would play out for denial of an actual interview, but if it wasn't a "raise" in either of their responsibility, then yes they could block it.  

In this case though, if the Jets offer full control of the 53 man roster, they can't "block" then from leaving.

That's my understanding at least.

That’s pretty much what the we’re saying on the radio. Fatass was trashing the Jets as usual and applying that the Eagles should refuse because it’s probably not a real GM job. 

On 5/24/2019 at 3:59 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

That's fair. I was in Huntington once and it was like somebody shipwrecked a supertanker full of olive oil in the white part of Shaker Heights.

The Rooney Rule is a very important initiative and your insensitive racial comment is not appreciated. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 7:00 AM, afjetsfan said:

But was she hot?  If so, bad move.  Sorry, but hotness always trumps bad gift giving and pretty much everything else.  If she wasn't then any excuse would do.  I don't know the details, but I imagine this is how it all went down:  Her: "Honey I love you so much, I got you a little something to show my love"  You: "You LOVE me?  A ******* Jamal Adams Jets Jersey, **** you, get your sh*t and get out and take this ******* excuse for a Jersey with you"  ?

To marry? Hotness is the worst thing to marry. 

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, New York Mick said:

That’s pretty much what the we’re saying on the radio. Fatass was trashing the Jets as usual and applying that the Eagles should refuse because it’s probably not a real GM job. 

The philly scribes were having a discussion about this the other day, and do not believe it would be wise for them to block the Jets. They blocked Douglas from interviewing  last year. If they block him again, without elevating him, they just create a frustrated employee. It also will show to prospective employees of the Eagles that they will stagnate your career, and that can in the future negate people wanting to join your organization.

It was also noted that the Eagles in the past year have hired on folks to eventually take on some of Douglas' duties, with an anticipation they would lose him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1