Brady’s steroids

8 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Hmmm, envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

I love a saying Pete Carroll would shout to the players in the locker room to pump them up during halftime...”It’s all about us, it’s not about them, it’s never about them, it’s always been about us”.   Care about your own team, it’s a waste always talking about another team, or to envy them, that’s for losers.

I can tell you're new here.

Jets Fans talk more about the Patriots and Giants than they do about the actual Jets some days.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Was thinking the same thing.

Another long Tom Brady may be considered the GOAT but its only because he's a cheating POS.  Without Belichick, video, without deflated footballs, without TB12, HGH, anabolic, andro, diuretics whatever he would...be the GOAT thread

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I'd venture to guess that more than 75% of players take some sort of PEDs. When I was in college (even the D3 place I went to my freshman year), almost all of us were juicing in one form or another. We knew when all the tests were, so knew when to cycle. 

If you think Edelman's success is due to steroids, I don't think you quite understand what exactly it is that steroids do. 

Envy clouds reason.  There is a long long list of players that were physical specimens, gym rats that couldn’t play pro football worth a damn.  The talent has to be there to reach the top.  With a QB, it’s all about what’s between the ears.  

27 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I'd venture to guess that more than 75% of players take some sort of PEDs. When I was in college (even the D3 place I went to my freshman year), almost all of us were juicing in one form or another. We knew when all the tests were, so knew when to cycle. 

If you think Edelman's success is due to steroids, I don't think you quite understand what exactly it is that steroids do. 

Forget about the illegal stuff.  These guys take massive amounts of painkillers before games, have prescriptions for ADHD meds like Ritalin (which is like Cocaine when you take a lot of it) and take so many stimulants that they're wired to the hilt without an inch of feeling in their bodies come game time. 

That's in many ways more important performance wise than the pure strength and muscle builders/cardio boosters b/c it allows them to go full speed without a regard for anything. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

100% — how was this not a reflexive invite to ejaculatory jokes for every post above mine? Amazed I came first. 

See what I did there?

You’re older than me. Not so amazing.

47 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Envy clouds reason.  There is a long long list of players that were physical specimens, gym rats that couldn’t play pro football worth a damn.  The talent has to be there to reach the top.  With a QB, it’s all about what’s between the ears.  

Every nfl player has elite talent.  Steriods and PEDs can take u from being a 4th or 5th teciever to a super bowl mvp reciever.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I love a saying Pete Carroll would shout to the players in the locker room to pump them up during halftime...”It’s all about us, it’s not about them, it’s never about them, it’s always been about us”.   Care about your own team, it’s a waste always talking about another team, or to envy them, that’s for losers.

Not too worried about it...I'm pretty sure none of the posters on this board are actual jets players. ?

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Demaryius Thomas is on the PEDelman Plan, and he's going to have his best season as a pro in 2019. Shades of Randy Moss. 

Demaryius Thomas hasn't been able to separate for the last two seasons... I mean at all.  Denver knew it.  Houston knew it.  He struggles badly with drops.  I watched him a lot for several years.  Through good and bad.  Now he is coming off a torn achilles.

No amount of TB12 crap will help him... 

He had a nice run, but it's over.  Thomas won't make the Patriots roster.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Does he take the same kind of steroids Julia Edelman takes?

No, I think Brady is mostly HGH and some complimentary steroids. He doesn't have the physical manifestations of long term steroid (ab)use.

Edelman looks like a freaking 80-90's era WWF wrestler and its obvious he's on the old school  juice. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Thanks mom.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Helen seems like the soccer mom who picks everyone’s kids up for practice and has each one of them an individual zip lock bag with cut up veggies and fruits.

thank you for your service, @HelenOfTroy

Nah, Helen brings the big time yummy yummy. She prides herself on feeding the masses well, very well. 

• Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Demaryius Thomas hasn't been able to separate for the last two seasons... I mean at all.  Denver knew it.  Houston knew it.  He struggles badly with drops.  I watched him a lot for several years.  Through good and bad.  Now he is coming off a torn achilles.

No amount of TB12 crap will help him... 

He had a nice run, but it's over.  Thomas won't make the Patriots roster.

His production has been similar to Robby Anderson over the last two years. I think the idea that he's going to have a Randy Moss like resurrection with the Pats is crazy. I also don't think he's toast like people are claiming either - unless he doesn't fully recover from the injury. If he does fully recover I can see him having a productive role for the Pats similar to the last couple of years, if not a little better.

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nah, Helen brings the big time yummy yummy. She prides herself on feeding the masses well, very well. 

We’re gonna put that to the test when we see what she brings to eat for one of the tailgates this year.? 

hopefully some spanish dishes.?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I can tell you're new here.

Jets Fans talk more about the Patriots and Giants than they do about the actual Jets some days.

Oh piss off the both of you. Jets fans talk plenty of Jets. A big part of fandom and expressing that fandom on a fan message board is hoping your team does well while your rivals eat a dick.

**** Guerrero, Kraft, Adams, brady*, Belichick, PEDelman, and anyone else associated with that team.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Oh piss off the both of you. Jets fans talk plenty of Jets. A big part of fandom and expressing that fandom on a fan message board is hoping your team does well while your rivals eat a dick.

**** Guerrero, Kraft, Adams, brady*, Belichick, PEDelman, and anyone else associated with that team.

Lol you could of packaged this nicer but I agree.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

His production has been similar to Robby Anderson over the last two years. I think the idea that he's going to have a Randy Moss like resurrection with the Pats is crazy. I also don't think he's toast like people are claiming either - unless he doesn't fully recover from the injury. If he does fully recover I can see him having a productive role for the Pats similar to the last couple of years, if not a little better.

I respect many of your posts.  But I am polar opposite here.  Robby is miles better than Thomas at this stage of their careers IMO.    Robby averages 15 yards per catch and is still improving.  Thomas 11.5 and getting worse.  Thomas is now on his 3rd team in 3 years.   A skill player in his 30s rarely resurrects his career after two teams let him walk.

The Patriots tried this with Ochocinco.  Fail. 

With Reggie Wayne.  He didn't even play a down.

The Pats signed Eric Decker this off-season too.  Although we know the reason for that one is to keep up their pale skin appearance numbers to appease Boston after losing Hogan and Cole Beasley stiffed them for Buffalo.

The final reason why Thomas will not make an impact even if he makes the roster is he simply doesn't fit what New England does on offense.    His speed and quickness is gone, which makes him an outside sideline back-shoulder guy.  Brady mostly works the middle of the field and throws to his running backs. 

Thomas and Dez Bryant are the same player.   Now that they can't separate, they are borderline useless.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Would you feel the same way if UCLA won the PAC 12 every year for the last decade and had numerous "questionable" scandals associated with them.

3 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

So you're saying we need to start demanding more Jets players take steroids?