Where is Jeremy Bates?

51 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

10 dead so far. Most died on the descent. Terrible

Too many people going nowadays... they think its just another touristy thing to do for the rich to just pay for. People are obviously not preparing for the extremes of altitude and conditions. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Another quality thread over nothing.

Brain fart?  Post it on it's own thread!

Am glad more people are getting on this point...  I come here to read about the Jets.

Have a separate thread for MFL and NFL related stuff. I mean, Patriots steroids thread?

mods!!!   calling all mods!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

It doesn’t seem like he signed on with another team.

If that’s the case it was very irresponsible of Bowles and the Jets to entrust a guy who is obviously not thought of highly in league circles with the first year development of Darnold.

What's done is done.  Let's hope the new regime is better.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Losmeister said:

they should just not allow people up anymore...   turned it into a high altitude garbage dump..  disgusting

ie- the world's problem? homo sapiens

People want to climb it and Nepal needs the money from the permits, around $11,000 l believe. This year has been tough with narrow 2 day windows to summit , thus the traffic jams.

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Too many people going nowadays... they think its just another touristy thing to do for the rich to just pay for. People are obviously not preparing for the extremes of altitude and conditions. 

Sadly some people are not prepared. My son and I summitted Mt. Marcy (Adirondacks) by noon. As we headed down we met a rather heavy set couple each carrying 1 24 oz. bottle of Aqua Fina. Mind you my son and I each had 1 1/2 gallons and that was nearly gone. They were about 15 min. from the trail head (ADK Lodge) and "resting" already. By now it was 4:10pm . When I asked them where they were heading they said" Mt Marcy" .  I just looked at my watch and shook my head and said " No, not today you're not". We liked to think we saved someone's life that day. Totally clueless. I think the Everest crowd sometimes over estimate their level of shape for this ordeal. They don't call the area above 26,000' the dead zone for nothing.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

It doesn’t seem like he signed on with another team.

If that’s the case it was very irresponsible of Bowles and the Jets to entrust a guy who is obviously not thought of highly in league circles with the first year development of Darnold.

I remember hearing that Bates was some kind of offensive magician when we pulled him out of the woods. Not hearing that so much now but Bates was the guy when he got promoted to OC. Obviously we would of been better off keeping Morton who was fired cause Bowles felt threatened. Could anyone imagine if Bowles when he was head coach hired Gase to be our OC. That would of been interesting.

8 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I remember hearing that Bates was some kind of offensive magician when we pulled him out of the woods. Not hearing that so much now but Bates was the guy when he got promoted to OC. Obviously we would of been better off keeping Morton who was fired cause Bowles felt threatened. Could anyone imagine if Bowles when he was head coach hired Gase to be our OC. That would of been interesting.

I'm just speculating, but Bates was probably a yes man to the HC , Morton wasn't. I am so happy we finally have an offensive minded HC . I won't even mind if Gase pounds the ball with Bell all day , its just the mentality of trying to win on offense as opposed to not trying to lose on offense.