Where is Jeremy Bates?

22 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

It doesn’t seem like he signed on with another team.

If that’s the case it was very irresponsible of Bowles and the Jets to entrust a guy who is obviously not thought of highly in league circles with the first year development of Darnold.

Oh without a doubt. But you have to remember the type of guys Bowles wanted to work under him. The types that were never qualified enough to threaten his own job as an interim head coach. Thats why he loved the non qualified ones, because he too was unqualified to lead. J.Morton comes to mind, fired as the scapegoat although possibly our best assistant coach. A threat to take Bowles job as interim! 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm just speculating, but Bates was probably a yes man to the HC , Morton wasn't. I am so happy we finally have an offensive minded HC . I won't even mind if Gase pounds the ball with Bell all day , its just the mentality of trying to win on offense as opposed to not trying to lose on offense.

In the Bowles defense the entire league knew he was on a short leash after 2016 (Gaileys retirement). I can’t imagine it was an easy to convince quality coaches to work for you under those circumstances.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Where is Jeremy Bates?

He's in my backyard mowing the lawn, came cheap.

Gotta call BS. Jeremy Bates would NEVER kill a blade of grass.

He learned , while walking in the rockies,  grass is a sacred life form.  Bates discovered that after he was kicked out of the NFL the first time.

Got to give some credit to @T0mShane on this one.  I think T0m and I were the only ones saying WTF?, when everyone else was doing victory laps after Bates was named OC

• Haha 2

On 5/25/2019 at 12:46 PM, Peace Frog said:

Why the F*CK does this matter?

Geezuz, it’s done and in the past. 

Grow up already. 

What an interesting slew of responses. I can honestly say that I googled Bates just last week. I was curious to see if he landed on another team which he has not.  This guy was one that we felt was much of the reason our offense struggled last season. It's of interest to have confirmation. At least in May it is. 

Am I off here? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...