Bell is worth it...

1 hour ago, JiF said:

He’s the best offensive player to put on a Jets Jersey since LT and he’s still in his prime.  He’s going to be incredible for this team but most importantly for Sam. 

Agree. I expect a few games of rust/figuring out Oline and vice versa. Also for people worried about him being out of shape..... Bells Instagram 

1F470A4C-85AD-4FF9-9F99-E472D58B2A27.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Stark said:

Agree. I expect a few games of rust/figuring out Oline and vice versa. Also for people worried about him being out of shape..... Bells Instagram 

There is a case to be made for an adjustment period for Bell to acclimate to the Jets.  

On the other hand, Bell could just hit the ground running immediately and it is the opponents that have to adjust because there is no film whatsoever of him in Adam Gase's system within this roster.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Jets fans are a odd at times.................

Do we understand that ....

Bell is the best overall offensive player the Jets have had in over 50 years!!!  

Do we all understand this?

We are kidding here right!

Seriously. I question your IQ if you are against having him on the team. I haven’t seen a sound argument yet, no matter how many posts philc makes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Declaratives before people ever take a snap....how could that go wrong.

I'm very optimistic about Bell, if he comes in motivated, and in shape, he should be very good...if our O-Line doesn't screw it up.

But really, let's see for ourselves if he is "worth it" after we see him play for us., before we start deciding if that huge contract was "worth it".  

giphy-8.gif.ca502d6fe3033a2a9125339bd45ee5f5.gif

• Haha 1

I keep having to post the same piece below to counter your statement.  It is one of those "human" fallacy arguments that many believe, but really isn't factual.  If Bell had missed the season due to a broken collarbone instead of holding out, most wouldn't be saying he will be "rusty or likely to get injured." 
Le'V Bell is a professional athlete and a spectacular football player.  Nothing has changed.
Below is a list of great RBs that missed a year...
https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-running-backs-year-off-leveon-bell-bill-simmons

I get this argument. Look I like the signing and I agree he’s the best offensive players we’ve had in decades, but I’ve seen this story before and I do expect some nagging injuries before he really comes into his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Stark said:

Being in shape and being in football shape are two very different things. 

Also, giving a running back a big 2nd or 3rd contract hardly ever retains its value. The Jets needed playmakers. They went and signed the best available because the regime that was in place couldn’t identify that type of player in the draft or wouldn’t put the resources there. That said, I expect that he has a solid season, but to really be “worth it” this team needs to at least sniff the playoffs. And I don’t think they will. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

giphy-8.gif.ca502d6fe3033a2a9125339bd45ee5f5.gif

Yes, I can see how saying "I am very optimistic about Bell" makes me a Debbie Downer around here. 

My bad, I'll try and do better, more hyperbole, more use of "love" and "greatest ever", etc.  Don't worry, I'll get it right.

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes, I can see how saying "I am very optimistic about Bell" makes me a Debbie Downer around here. 

My bad, I'll try and do better, more hyperbole, more use of "love" and "greatest ever", etc.  Don't worry, I'll get it right.

Relax, dude. Seriously. 

As far as I'm concerned Bell is priceless if he can tote the rock catch the rock and make things easier for Darnold any help he can get with the run will help open the passing game. This kid has very good ball placement. My concern is more with the receiving game..some one has to be his baby blanket and he also needs someone to stretch the field..more importantly we have to wait and see if the OL can give him time the jury is out.

On 5/25/2019 at 10:43 AM, Peace Frog said:

This is going to be one of the most entertaining offensive seasons we’ve had in a very very long time. 

I don’t think I’ve been anticipating a season this much since 2011 and that quickly went to sh*t. 

If Enunwa and Crowder stay healthy I would agree but neither one of them have done so yet.

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Relax, dude. Seriously. 

We all know what Bell is capable of, no reason not to be extremely excited, just proceed with caution.

On 5/25/2019 at 11:55 AM, jetstream23 said:

I love my sports car.  I probably paid a little more for it than I should have.  But that was 6 months ago and I barely remember it now.  But every time I start the engine I smile from ear to ear and it doesn't drive any different because of what I paid.

When Bell scores two TDs in a game I don't think we'll hear the commentator say, "Bell completely juked that LB out of his shorts on the way to a 31 yard TD....but you know, the Jets paid a little more for him than they should have.  I mean less than what the Steelers paid and were going to pay...but still....you know."

Is it a bmw? 

On 5/25/2019 at 11:43 AM, Peace Frog said:

This is going to be one of the most entertaining offensive seasons we’ve had in a very very long time. 

I don’t think I’ve been anticipating a season this much since 2011 and that quickly went to sh*t. 

The Jets bid against themselves and overpaid for Bell. 

He's one strike away from a year ban. He's also oft injured, especially in big games...

On 5/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, Apache 51 said:

As far as I'm concerned Bell is priceless if he can tote the rock catch the rock and make things easier for Darnold any help he can get with the run will help open the passing game. This kid has very good ball placement. My concern is more with the receiving game..some one has to be his baby blanket and he also needs someone to stretch the field..more importantly we have to wait and see if the OL can give him time the jury is out.

Well we have someone who can stretch the field. 

On 5/25/2019 at 1:38 PM, Jetster said:

I think his past tape is a complete fluke. He's Adrien Murrell without that Oline.

I'm not calling Gase and Loggins Don Coryell, but you do realize they are the best Offensive Coaches we have had since Charlie Weis.   Schemes play a major role in opening up holes for a running back, Gase made Ajayi and Drake look like superstars with a subpar OL.   

9 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I'm not calling Gase and Loggins Don Coryell, but you do realize they are the best Offensive Coaches we have had since Charlie Weis.   Schemes play a major role in opening up holes for a running back, Gase made Ajayi and Drake look like superstars with a subpar OL.   

He traded Ajayi and refused to give Drake snaps, who wanted to be traded if Gase stayed on. And it’s not hard to say Gase is the best offensive coach we’ve had in a while. The last guy the Jets employed is right now in the woods somewhere trying to build a fire to burn all his Jets gear. 

On 5/25/2019 at 12:08 PM, jetstream23 said:

The last time we had better talent was 2010-2011, with LaDainian, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Dustin Keller.  I'd submit that Le'Veon is at least as good as LT, Braylon is better than Enunwa, Santonio is probably better than Robby Anderson, but Herndon is more talented than Keller and most importantly, Darnold leaves Sanchez in the dust.

As we all know, the talent is now respectable at a minimum.  It's probably better than that.  But the OLine is the issue.  It's better than last year but can't hold the jock strap of the Line we had in 2010.

We can only hope Gase and the new GM pull a few rabbits out the hat and upgrade this pedestrian OL through some magic tricks before opening day. Maybe we can sign Felix The Cat as Personnel Director to work his magic.

E9F61491-8D9F-46A2-8540-40DB6C3E1DB1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

We can only hope Gase and the new GM pull a few rabbits out the hat and upgrade this pedestrian OL through some magic tricks before opening day. Maybe we can sign Felix The Cat as Personnel Director to work his magic.

E9F61491-8D9F-46A2-8540-40DB6C3E1DB1.jpeg

Bell is so dangerous out of backfield, teams will be playing with fire if they pin their ears back and get after Sam, who is great rolling out. Bell is the biggest “upgrade” to the OL this offseason.

All signs are pointing to Le'veon Bell keeping all the criticism heaped upon him 1st by his own teammates (mostly the Oline) who after cutting him down failed to make the playoffs without him, and the media spinning tales that Gase didn't want him in free agency & that's one of the reasons Macc is gone to himself.

His instagram posts are all positives, videos of his workouts, photos showing what great physical shape he's in, and posts supporting his coach like they have each other's backs. Has anyone EVER heard that Le'veon Bell is lazy? Doesn't work hard? Doesn't block or do the little things to help the team? The Steelers are a very good organization & they FRANCHISED BELL TWICE!!! 

As a Jet fan, I can't BELIEVE this guy will be lining up behind Sam Darnold in September! Just imagine we got a top 3 RB for a reasonable contract & we didn't give up draft picks. It's like we won some kind of player lottery. Plus we have a guy like Gase already trying to figure out ways to use him. Gase has already said he's been watching film to create a scheme to best utilize the threat he poses to defenses so he can decoy him to create mismatches all over the field. 

Last year, with Quincy healthy, him & Anderson had a hot start, as it wasn't easy to stop both before Q got hurt. This year we swapped out a guy who's RETIRED in Kearse (he literally stopped playing last year), for Jamison Crowder who's skills in the slot is exactly the profile Gase looks for. 

Now you add Herndon who will come in in his 2nd year with Darnold ready to roll, a blocking TE like Wesco, guys like TY Montgomery & Burnett (I think this kid is going to be a great 4/5 WR to give Crowder breathers at the slot), TY can give Bell spells and keep him fresh to close out 4th quarters. 

This is the best GROUP we've had on offense in a long time. Bell & Darnolds arm alone in Gase offense will create larger areas to work in for Quincy, Anderson, Crowder & Herndon. Those packed in defenses Bates offense warranted because of his repetitive play calling will be abused by Gates playcalling. Gates will get that defense spread out & it will be up to Sam to pick out the open man. 

If anything, this Jets offense will start the season underrated if everyone can stay healthy & develop with the added play calls as the season progresses & Sam starts settling in & these calls become rote in his mind.

• Upvote 1