ESNY Film Room: Gase Opening Drive vs Belichick

Really cool video. I just don’t see Darnold running the read option as much as Tanny did down there. Id like to think Gase runs his offense similar to like he did with Peyton? I know Darnold is mobile but calling run plays for him is not in his best interest IMO

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Great video. I'm in shock, an offense that runs plays for positive yardage which are setting up subsequent plays and messing with the defenders' head. Is that legal? I thought offense was supposed to be boring and just waste time for the d to catch it's breath so that they could win by scoring safeties.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Scripted first drives are nice and all but with the Pats the fangs come out after the adjustments. 

Fair, but I'm pretty sure the Jets went almost two seasons, sorry at least 21 games (at one point), without scoring a td on their opening drive.

https://www.footballperspective.com/the-jets-havent-scored-an-opening-drive-touchdown-in-21-games/

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Didn’t they lose that game by 20 points?

Won it 34-33 with the Miami Miracle multiple lateral play at the death. The one that had Gronk on the field for no obvious reason whatsoever. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

This is like watching RJ Barret highlights. I know nothing about him, so I watch highlights to get psyched  for next season, to convince myself that he's good. Now Im doing it with Gase. 

Wow, I had forgotten how long the intros go for their songs. Welcome to the hamster wheel, I mean machine, of being a Jets fan.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Scripted first drives are nice and all but with the Pats the fangs come out after the adjustments. 

Still nice to see though. 

If they were read option plays, which the guy covering this seems to think, they got coached up just like he said. The Fins won the game 34-33

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If they were read option plays, which the guy covering this seems to think, they got coached up just like he said. The Fins won the game 34-33

Ok, but that film I watched was titled” Adams gases opening drive.” I see your point though.

Im really looking forward to this season. 

34 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I am so sick of that run run pass. My god an ant had more imagination than Bates and Bowles.

In all fairness to Bates and Bowles ants regularly move and work in three dimensions which probably stimulates the brain more. Though with regard to imagination I imagine the ants lose points for the whole hive mind thing.

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Fair, but I'm pretty sure the Jets went almost two seasons, sorry at least 21 games (at one point), without scoring a td on their opening drive.

https://www.footballperspective.com/the-jets-havent-scored-an-opening-drive-touchdown-in-21-games/

Under Gase?  Or Bowles?

Kind of misses the point, doesn't it?

Still nice to see though. 

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing when I watched it. I think what’s most interesting is the complexity of gase’s design. The personnel in Miami wasn’t top tier but they were able to come out and quite literally dominate the pats on that drive.

The hope is that darnold is light years better than tannehill. If that is indeed the case, the sustaining of such play calling having success is more realistic.

I like that sabo character. He does a really good job.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Do you wake up as a Debbie downer who checks no facts before complaining or do you warm up as they day goes?

Did I complain or ask a question?

I found which game it was and already looked at it. The RBs and Stills had great games. Tanny also had a good game, he didn’t throw any ints, had 3 TDs and went 14/19. The defense sacked Brady twice and stopped the run. 2015 was the last time the Jets had a good game against the Pats. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Did I complain or ask a question?

I found which game it was and already looked at it. The RBs and Stills had great games. Tanny also had a good game, he didn’t throw any ints, had 3 TDs and went 14/19. The defense sacked Brady twice and stopped the run. 2015 was the last time the Jets had a good game against the Pats. 

Nice attempt at a recovery... The fact still remains you tried to discredit the success based on a thought that maybe they lost the game...

Just be happy. Enjoy the hype. Why be such a defensive downer?

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Nice attempt at a recovery... The fact still remains you tried to discredit the success based on a thought that maybe they lost the game...

Just be happy. Enjoy the hype. Why be such a defensive downer?

Actually I missed read it and thought it was the opening game of the year which I looked at and they lost by 20. If you read one of my post it says they opened the season a few years ago and lost. Keep trying. 

33 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Guess which, and no, it didn't. You missed mine.

Let's try to make a point.

Yes we went too long without an opening score.  Under Bowles.  Under different OCs. With different players and a different roster.  So the comment had nothing to do with the upcoming season.  There is no point.

That's the point. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Let's try to make a point.

Yes we went too long without an opening score.  Under Bowles.  Under different OCs. With different players and a different roster.  So the comment had nothing to do with the upcoming season.  There is no point.

That's the point. 

I never said that it had to do with the upcoming season, in fact I don't remember addressing you in any way at all either. Crusher had pointed out that B*B* would tear up teams after the initial drive once he adapted. I quoted Crusher and was making light of the fact that the Jets have been poor (pretty sure that implies the past) even on opening drives without the need for an opposing HC to adapt. However, you're choosing to be narrow and attempting to be condescending (which is cute) so that you can tell yourself you're right. You had to make up an issue (implying that I was suggesting the offense would still blow) to say you had a point and that I didn't, good for you! Would you like a cookie? Meanwhile, in the post above the one you quoted I stated that I liked what I saw in the video.